Platinum member question.

zebra

We took our friends with us through Priority Boarding in Southampton this year. This was there first cruise.

This is allowed. I printed off the page in the Captain`s Circle information in case they were prevented from accompanying us.

We took our friends with us through Priority Boarding in Southampton this year. This was there first cruise.

This is allowed. I printed off the page in the Captain`s Circle information in case they were prevented from accompanying us.

Where does the info appear? Here is all I can find on the Captain's Circle site:

Preferred Check-In

When you arrive at the port, don’t wait in line. If you are a Platinum Member, you and your family or guests will be invited to use the Preferred Check-In desk to help expedite your embarkation.

Platinum Members Lounge

In recognition of your loyalty, and to make your last morning with us more enjoyable, we invite Platinum Members to use the Platinum Disembarkation Lounge, offering light refreshments and peace while you await disembarkation.

I ask because we are Platinum members who have been denied the ability to have our cruise partners wait in the embarkation lounge (different from check-in desk) with us. I'd like to have some documentation of the policy if it should be allowed.

Thanks.

We were not allowed to do it on two different cruises, out of San Juan and out of Fort Lauderdale.

Probably depends on the agent checking your friends with you & whether they want to enforce it without using some discretion. And based on others replies, this appears to be the case...sometimes yes, sometimes no...depends on the agent.

The last few time I have cruised the evening Elite/ Platinum Cocktail Lounge events have been so lightly attended, we have been encouraged to bring friends!!

I just can't figure out why these events are so unattended. We seem to see the same few couples there every night & the poor waiters are falling all over themselves to make it a nice time. On our last cruise on Emerald we didn't get the usual card in the cabin informing us of the times & places. Have they stopped the card invitation?

Jan

I just can't figure out why these events are so unattended.
IMHO, there are a couple of reasons. One is that it ends at 7pm, too early for late Traditional diners to attend. With dinner at 8:15pm, there's no way I'm going to start drinking at 6:30pm or so. The other reason is what's offered. On our Coral cruise in January, there was something special every night. A card in your cabin (if you got one, which I didn't) let you know ahead of time. The special goodies every night were enough to attract us. On our recent Crown cruise, the offerings were totally blah (veggies and ranch dressing, the same cheese and crackers every night, etc.) Very unappealing and not enticing to go up to Skywalkers instead of our favorite, the Adagio Lounge. No shrimp, nothing special, no reason to go. Oh, and no card.

Where does the info appear? Here is all I can find on the Captain's Circle site:

Preferred Check-In

When you arrive at the port, don’t wait in line. If you are a Platinum Member, you and your family or guests will be invited to use the Preferred Check-In desk to help expedite your embarkation.

Platinum Members Lounge

In recognition of your loyalty, and to make your last morning with us more enjoyable, we invite Platinum Members to use the Platinum Disembarkation Lounge, offering light refreshments and peace while you await disembarkation.

I ask because we are Platinum members who have been denied the ability to have our cruise partners wait in the embarkation lounge (different from check-in desk) with us. I'd like to have some documentation of the policy if it should be allowed.

Thanks.

Documentation is in your posting above (which I changed to red).

Preferred Check-In

"you and your family or guests"

Our friends were our guests. We had booked together. We did not, however, try to get them into the Platinum Lounge on disembarkation. We stayed with them.

We were not allowed to do it on two different cruises, out of San Juan and out of Fort Lauderdale.
Officially it's not allowed, but in practice if you ask nicely and it's not a ridiculously large number of people tagging along it will be permitted. We did this with friends who were part of our group and happened to be on their first cruise (2 blue-carders out of a total of 7). The only complaint was from some of the other elites who were very upset that a dreaded blue-carder was able to board before them.

If you are a Platinum Member, you and your family or guests
I interpret guests as people who have not paid their own way but are instead part of the member's group. For example, a child's friend is not family, but would be a guest.

IMHO, there are a couple of reasons. One is that it ends at 7pm, too early for late Traditional diners to attend. With dinner at 8:15pm, there's no way I'm going to start drinking at 6:30pm or so. The other reason is what's offered. On our Coral cruise in January, there was something special every night. A card in your cabin (if you got one, which I didn't) let you know ahead of time. The special goodies every night were enough to attract us. On our recent Crown cruise, the offerings were totally blah (veggies and ranch dressing, the same cheese and crackers every night, etc.) Very unappealing and not enticing to go up to Skywalkers instead of our favorite, the Adagio Lounge. No shrimp, nothing special, no reason to go. Oh, and no card.

I agree, on the emerald it was such a waste of time and i didn't like the one drink special so we spent the same amount as we would have in one of our favorite bars. it was pretty empty so not sure what this big "perk" is. i wrote in my comment card this really should be more of a happy hour where more specials are offered during that time or why bother. there was only some smoked salmon and cheese and crackers...i prefer vines much better for my snacks :)

Archived