What's the latest you have booked a cruise?

larrymeador

What is the latest you have booked a cruise and did you get a great deal in doing so? When we retire, I will no longer be bound by the schedules of work (or children) in scheduling a cruise. Therefore, I would assume I should be able to take more cruises for less $$$$.:rolleyes:

What is the latest you have booked a cruise and did you get a great deal in doing so? When we retire, I will no longer be bound by the schedules of work (or children) in scheduling a cruise. Therefore, I would assume I should be able to take more cruises for less $$$$.:rolleyes:

About 6 months out. You hit it on the head. We don't even have kids yet, but working a combined 120hr work weeks, we really have to plan ahead to schedule vacation, etc. Can't wait for the day we can jsut hop a ship anytime we want.....

10 AM, day of cruise.

WOW! Don't think anybody can beat that! :)

Ours was a month out. My BFF and I had talked about saving for one the following year. She would be moving 12 hours away and we thought it would be a good way to get together again. When I checked prices right after New Years, we saw just how cheap it was and booked immediately. We boarded Jan 31

Don't assume that you are going to be able to get any real deals. With ES most of the deals simply don't exist, unless it is for one of the top level suites.

10 AM, day of cruise.

Wow, impressive! Just got off the Fascination last week. Booked on Thursday evening, boarded Saturday morning. Booked the last 1A on the ship. Price was good (they were not giving it away) - but I needed a vacation!

Plenty of people got amazing last-minute deals with the H1N1 scare awhile back, but I have not seen those type of last minute deals for awhile. In my experience, we try to book 5 weeks out for best pricing. You need to be flexible on dates, ships, departure ports, itineraries and cabin selection to snag the best deals. I am usually eying 2 or 3 cruises for my target dates, and if the price hits my target price, I book it.

The latest I booked at cruise was 11:58pm.

If you are referring to how close to sailing, I booked one seven weeks out. I have no idea if it was a good deal or not. I simply signed on to cruise with a friend.

Typically I book more than one year out and sometimes two years out. That is the best way to get a good deal. If prices go down, then I can ask for the new lower price. If prices go up, I keep the old lower price.

WOW! Don't think anybody can beat that! :)

Ours was a month out. My BFF and I had talked about saving for one the following year. She would be moving 12 hours away and we thought it would be a good way to get together again. When I checked prices right after New Years, we saw just how cheap it was and booked immediately. We boarded Jan 31

It helps to live 5 miles from port. Of course, it doesn't work out every time as the ship is often sold out. On the few occasions I booked the day of the cruise, it went smoothly. Book, pack, call friend to take us to the port, and onboard within 3 hours.

The latest we've booked a cruise was a month out - these days, because we are sticklers and creatures of habit (LOL), we like to book as early as possible so that we can get the type of cabin we want (Extended Balcony on the port side as far back as possible) on the type of ship we want (Spirit or Conquest class).

Don't think we can book 72 hours out.. but we'd love to do that!

Wow, impressive! Just got off the Fascination last week. Booked on Thursday evening, boarded Saturday morning. Booked the last 1A on the ship. Price was good (they were not giving it away) - but I needed a vacation!

Plenty of people got amazing last-minute deals with the H1N1 scare awhile back, but I have not seen those type of last minute deals for awhile. In my experience, we try to book 5 weeks out for best pricing. You need to be flexible on dates, ships, departure ports, itineraries and cabin selection to snag the best deals. I am usually eying 2 or 3 cruises for my target dates, and if the price hits my target price, I book it.

We were lucky enough to take advantage of the rerouted H1N1 cruise last year on the Splendor. We booked on Wednesday and left on Sunday, Mother's Day. Best Mother's Day I've had so far!!! :)

I'm confused. Several posts have stated they bought the cruise that morning and were cruising that afternoon. I thought because of homeland security you could no longer book the day of the cruise. Was this before these rules took effect? :confused:

I'm confused. Several posts have stated they bought the cruise that morning and were cruising that afternoon. I thought because of homeland security you could no longer book the day of the cruise. Was this before these rules took effect? :confused:

Doing a quick Google search, it says a manifest needs to be submitted 60 mins. before departure.

Archived