Hotel Question

Adin's Granny

The Praktick is on a great street called Rambla Catalunya (NOT the same as the touristy Las Ramblas) I just came back from my 2nd stay in the hotel right across the street-Onix Rambla.

Sorry I cannot tell you about the inside of the hotel but the location is superb!!

The Praktick is on a great street called Rambla Catalunya (NOT the same as the touristy Las Ramblas) I just came back from my 2nd stay in the hotel right across the street-Onix Rambla.

Sorry I cannot tell you about the inside of the hotel but the location is superb!!

I've stayed at the Onix Rambla as well, so if the Praktick is across the street (I just don't recall it), then I agree it's a great location. Easy to get anywhere. Sorry I can't help with specifics re the hotel.

I am considering a booking for three adults at the Pratik Ramblas in Barcelona.

I would appreciate comments from any who has stayed there in the past six months. Thank you.

Try trip advisor for good info on this hotel...

I am considering a booking for three adults at the Pratik Ramblas in Barcelona.

I would appreciate comments from any who has stayed there in the past six months. Thank you.

We haven't stayed there yet but in July I made reservations to stay there for one night, this coming Nov. 15. I did my research and learned that the Praktik was clean, reasonably price, quiet (as long as you request a room away from the reception desk) and had good beds (I have a bad back). Also it's within walking distance of Placa Catalunya where the Aerobus stops to go to the airport. Hotels.com did not have the hotel in their repertoire for some reason so I called to Barcelona and talked to a man at the desk who quoted me 120E. I thought this was too high. I then booked the room through booking.com and got it for 75.59E. I read in the paper a few weeks later that when you call the hotel, they give you "the rack" price - it is always retail. I have the printed confirmation from booking.com so hopefully there will not be any screwups. The one disadvantage I read is that there might be some stairs where you would have to negotiate with your suitcase. Breakfast is not included but you can buy it for 6.42E at the hotel or go elsewhere for breakfast. Someone on cc mentioned McDonalds (am not sure it's near the hotel) but it would be fun to read the menu in Catalan.

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from our cruise and stayed at the most wonderful hotel ! It was an experience in itself. Hotel L'Antic Espai. It is a small hotel with an antique motif. The 2 men who run it care for you like family, they couldn't do enough for us. Check them out at Trip Advisor. As wonderful as our cruise was... the stay there was definitely a highlight !:):):) It is just a couple blocks off las Ramblas on Grand Via., very quiet.

Terry

I stayed at the Praktik Rambla one night last April, at the end of a transatlantic cruise. It was a great location, and the hotel was very nice, clean and comfortable. It has an elevator (small, though). There are plenty of cafes and restaurants right there by the hotel. It's less than one block from Placa Catalunya. I walked to the hotel from the Placa, rolling my large suitcase behind me. Took about five minutes. I can't think of any negatives about this hotel. Check out TripAdvisor for some reviews others have written. I would have booked there again for my upcoming cruise, but found a better price elsewhere.

• 5 weeks later...

I think I used venere dot com. Got there through the tripadvisor site, by clicking on the "check rates" for that hotel, where it checks via several booking sites. Like riffatsea said, checking directly with the hotel's website is a good idea, too.

Archived