HAL On Line Registration.....

sail7seas

I used the new format for registering our passport numbers etc yesterday for our upcoming cruise and thought the new set up really good.

I register for both DH and myself and it was great I didn't have to complete both individually but much of the duplicate info carried from the my check in to DH's.

This is an improvement IMO from the old format .... anyone else really like it over the previous format?

One thing I noticed that should be changed is that Four Star Mariners booking Pinnacle are charged the full price vs. half price as the program says we should pay. I know they will adjust it on the ship but the site should pick up on the status and charge the correct amount to begin with.

Not a big deal but I would think that is an easy thing to correct.

I used the new format for registering our passport numbers etc yesterday for our upcoming cruise and thought the new set up really good.

I register for both DH and myself and it was great I didn't have to complete both individually but much of the duplicate info carried from the my check in to DH's.

This is an improvement IMO from the old format .... anyone else really like it over the previous format?

Oh yes a big improvement..I also did DH's & mine yesterday & agree with you..The new format is fantastic:)...What I especially thought was good, was when it asked if our emergency contact was the same...I checked yes & the info was automatically inserted into DH's info..Much better & faster..

In addition, when pulling up the Itinerary, it indicates the tour we booked in Castries & also one Wine Card we purchased..However, I purchased 3 wine cards & only one was listed, so when I book the ROV, I'll check on it..

One problem, our boarding passes indicate Open seating, however we were confirmed late seating along with our Friends, who will be cruising with us..I've sent an e-mail to our TA to have it corrected..

The cabin we originally requested, was not available, but became available last week, so we requested the cabin change..HAL made the change but believe they inserted Open Seating in error...

Cheers....:)Betty

Suppose your dont want or like to do the check in E-docs....

I personaly dont want to:cool:

What then

+

At the time that this new e-doc thing started in the fall of 2009 there was an option that HAL would send you the regular documents -- for a price. Don't know if that option is still around as the rules keep changing.

At first I didn't think I would like e-docs -- but now I think that they make it very quick and easy at check-in at the pier.

Suppose your dont want or like to do the check in E-docs....

I personaly dont want to:cool:

What then

+

Call your TA & request that they snail mail your docs to you, but there will be a charge..Believe it's at least $25..00 & perhaps more..

However, doing your own pre-registration & pulling up your own Boarding passes is quite simple & much more efficient..

In addition, your check in will be much faster..

Betty

I will wait till I get to the check in. which I assume I can do...

I would much prefer that over paying and way more than a bunch of computer crap....

I dont put any personal docs in line nor do any on line business either in person or hard line phone. I also refuse to do anything wireless:D

I would much prefer that over paying and way more than a bunch of computer crap....

I dont put any personal docs in line nor do any on line business either in person or hard line phone. I also refuse to do anything wireless:D

Dan-

Please be sure to inquire how early you need to be at the pier to present your documents to actually be able to board. I know that there is a requirement of 60 or 90 minutes prior to departure that TSA requires HAL submit all documentation. Others may know more specifically.

P.S. S7S- I love the fact that our prior cruise history is available online also. Confirmed that I will become a 4 Star Mariner on my next cruise!

Check right away on the dining assignment...it may not be a typo. When I checked the new format reservation, our confirmed early dining at a table for four had changed to open. Our agent called HAL and they had no record of the original confirmation, so we are actually now in open dining after booking over a year in advance.

<snip>

P.S. S7S- I love the fact that our prior cruise history is available online also. Confirmed that I will become a 4 Star Mariner on my next cruise!

I agree being able to see our Mariner Cruise History is great. I'm also impressed how quickly after completion of a cruise the days get credited to our accounts.

Sher,

CONGRATULATIONS on your Four Star Status. You'll get some nice benefits. :)

Go to the online check-in page at the HAL website. This tells you that they must have your information at least 90 minutes before sailing as they must give this to authorities at least an hour before sailing. I assume that means the information must be in their computers by 90 minutes before departure.

Your should do the check-in online or have your TA do it. Your information will go into a computer and, I assume, be transmitted online even if you do the whole check-in at the pier.

Procedures accoring to the HAL website:

New U.S. government security regulations require us to submit certain guest information to law enforcement authorities at least 60 minutes prior to departure. To meet this requirement, we must have the necessary information in our records at least 90 minutes before departure. If we do not have your information by this deadline, you will be unable to sail. Guests are encouraged to complete the Online Check-in process before leaving home. Guests who wait to check in at the terminal risk being unable to sail even if they arrive at the terminal before the vessel leaves. You will be responsible for all costs you incur to join the vessel at the next port.

Good Luck and make sure you get to the terminal in time!

I'm confused.

What is the difference if we enter the requested info ourselves or they do it for you at the dock? That information is going into their computers and passed along to Officials or you don't get on the ship.

You give up no safety by not entering it yourself that I can see.

None of us really believe there's any privacy left in our lives, do we?

I'm confused.

What is the difference if we enter the requested info ourselves or they do it for you at the dock? That information is going into their computers and passed along to Officials or you don't get on the ship.

You give up no safety by not entering it yourself that I can see.

None of us really believe there's any privacy left in our lives, do we?

I actually prefer to do it myself through the computer. Fewer people handle the information and there's less chance of it getting entered wrong. On top of that it's quick. The more my wife and I can do over the Internet the better.

I actually prefer to do it myself through the computer. Fewer people handle the information and there's less chance of it getting entered wrong. On top of that it's quick. The more my wife and I can do over the Internet the better.

Exactly, and the new website makes it even easier than before.

Totally agree with you! Much easier and less time.

Well since the ship dosen't sail till 8pm..... and I will check in around 2 or 4 pm to avoid the initial madness.. that gives me 5 hours...:rolleyes:

I just do not like doing any business on line and avoid it and have so far avoided it... a good friend on mine who was the computor security advisor for several major banks so advised me thus. I trust him as he gets paid 6 figures for his advice...:cool:

Hals computors are main frame networked.... PC's I am told that are remote from the main frame( mine) are as open as a barn door.

I don worry about my info going out of HAL I worry about it going in to just HAL

Check right away on the dining assignment...it may not be a typo. When I checked the new format reservation, our confirmed early dining at a table for four had changed to open. Our agent called HAL and they had no record of the original confirmation, so we are actually now in open dining after booking over a year in advance.

Thanks... Sent our TA an e-mail & he called me this morning...When HAL changed our cabin Number they made the error...They re-instated our late seating & we've re- printed our docs, which now indicate "Main upper dining"..

Our Dear Friends, who cruise with us, said they didn't care & would have been happy to change if we could not get it again..

Even though you are in open seating you can turn it into fixed by doing what we did on two other cruises.. Our Friends were booked months before & had confirmed main dining..We only booked about two weeks prior to departure..Could not get main seating so our Friends changed with us to Open..

First night we had a table for 8 with some nice people, but we never approached them about eating with us again.. We enjoyed the Stewards, so we requested the same table the second night & had two lovely couples join us..We all hit it off so well together & all liked our Strewards..therefore we all decided to make the res. each day at the same 8:p.m. time for the same table..Finally we talked the Matre'd into automatically confirming it for the rest of the two week cruise..DH & I did this again on the Veendam, at a a table for two last month as we again liked our Stewards..We were even able to book the same table earlier while in Hamilton..

It might work for you too..No harm in trying..

Good luck..

Cheers.....:)Betty

There are several ways to handle the luggage tags. There's everything from a "home crafts" approach where you print the tags on card stock and then laminate them at home or at an office store to simply printing them out as is and stapling them to your bags pre the instructions. In between there are folks who have covered them with clear packing tape or plastic sleeves or still others who haven't printed them out at all and have gotten tags from the porters at the terminal. I do know that the typical ink used in home printers will run if it gets wet but then again I've never been at a terminal when it was raining so have never had my bags get wet so can't say that happens often.

Archived