Diamond Princess - TV Connection plugs

CPOCMAN

I am hoping that someone may know the plug connections for the TV sets on Diamond Princess. Does it accept HDMI connections, S-Video or is it just standard video, audio Left and Right plugs. Want to be sure that I bring the correct plugs for my electronics (Video Camera and PS3) so we can connect to the TV sets in the room. Thanks.

I am hoping that someone may know the plug connections for the TV sets on Diamond Princess. Does it accept HDMI connections, S-Video or is it just standard video, audio Left and Right plugs. Want to be sure that I bring the correct plugs for my electronics (Video Camera and PS3) so we can connect to the TV sets in the room. Thanks.

The flat panel TVs on the Star & Golden have only the standard RCA plugs (yellow, white & red) but not sure about the Diamond.

My cabin on Diamond in June did not have flat panel TVs. Just the old style, and they were in cabinets. My cabin on Emerald did have flat panel, with the regular hookups, and another panel you removed fromthe back with other hookups. But the remote would not allow you to change access modes. EM

My cabin on Diamond in June did not have flat panel TVs. Just the old style, and they were in cabinets. My cabin on Emerald did have flat panel, with the regular hookups, and another panel you removed fromthe back with other hookups. But the remote would not allow you to change access modes. EM
Evidently they upgraded to flat panels, but the point about being able to access the hookups with the remote is a good point.

If they have the same flat panels on the Diamond as the Golden, we were able to hook up our video camera to the HDMI input. Also, we had to use the buttons on the side of the TV to access the HDMI source. As state above, we could not get the remote to change sources. It was great to be able to watch your videos from that day on a larger screen.:)

The Diamond's TV's were upgraded to flat screens while we were on her from 2/28 thru 9/11 and they were all done during that period. Please look at my post above, they will handle a large range of connections.

From 2/28 thru 9/11 ...WOW!

Only time I've been on a ship that long was as an enlisted man working the catapult crew. I enjoyed the time at sea but a much different experience. Maybe the officers were treated like cruise passengers???

Archived