Marina Concierge

Corvette

My wife and I have cruised three times with Oceania and many times with X and HAL. We agree with the Bruin Steve post. Below is part of a post on this forum that I put up yesterday on another thread that applies to the discussion here.

“We also found two issues remain with Oceania which we have put in writing to them in the past. 1. Their concierge room service which is priced about the same as another cruise line is not as good. There are no fresh room flowers, fruit bowl, evening canapés, binoculars, free laundry bag of clothes, or the ability to order from the lunch and evening MDR dining room menu into your state room. 2. The drink pours in the Martinis bar are measured and skimpy compared to a drink for the same price and alcohol quality in another cruise lines Martini bar. We do not drink that much but make the bar comment because to us it shows a cheapness when Oceania is suppose to be "a cut above". On the positive it is hard to beat Oceania's itineraries and this cruise was no exception and why we cruise with Oceania on occasion.”

Bruin Steve brings up a good point about the Concierge lounge on Oceania in that one would expect it to be (since Oceania supposedly is up scale from X and HAL) on a par with the Elite lounge on X. The X Elite lounge as Bruin Steve describes is a very nice touch on X cruises.

Ken Woods

Bruin Steve brings up a good point about the Concierge lounge on Oceania in that one would expect it to be (since Oceania supposedly is up scale from X and HAL) on a par with the Elite lounge on X. The X Elite lounge as Bruin Steve describes is a very nice touch on X cruises.

Ken Woods

Since no one really knows what the Concierge lounge will entail on Marina we will have to wait & see.

As far as Concierge class on the R-ships I think it was just the wrong choice of words

They should have another name for that CAT as people think they are getting some personalized service from the Concierge which is not the case

I have had cabins on other lines with the flowers/fruit and they ended up in the garbage. If I want canapes I would just order something from room service

I wonder how many plates of canapes end up in the bin:confused:

After the afternoon tea I really do not need canapes before dinner;)

It is all about your personal expectations, needs & wants

Lyn

I have had cabins on other lines with the flowers/fruit and they ended up in the garbage. If I want canapes I would just order something from room service

I wonder how many plates of canapes end up in the bin:confused:

After the afternoon tea I really do not need canapes before dinner;)

It is all about your personal expectations, needs & wants

Lyn

I agree completely. I simply cannot understand why people want MORE food on a cruise ship when we are all overfed in the first place.

(quote=LHT28) maybe we could wear our jeans with holes & cut off t-shirts;) I will leave my at home

I won't be in the Concierge Lounge having a drink in quiet solitude !!!! :p

Are they serving drinks? If so, it will be an intimate gorup

In the MDR !!! :eek:
On those evenings, those in concierge and above will dine in the specialty restaurants

With our ballcaps :D
Same as above

All kidding aside as there have been numerous other threads on this subject of cabins, really who gives a horses petutie what cabins others have that include a special perk? I could care less if you are in a OS, PH or swimming with the fish. If you paid for a ultra delux cabins, I am happy to hear there is someone out there not affected by the downed economy.

Why does this bother some of you? Please help me understand:) I never consider myself a peon to someone who has more and never feel I am better than anyone else who has less.

All kidding aside as there have been numerous other threads on this subject of cabins, really who gives a horses petutie what cabins others have that include a special perk? I could care less if you are in a OS, PH or swimming with the fish. If you paid for a ultra delux cabins, I am happy to hear there is someone out there not affected by the downed economy.

Why does this bother some of you? Please help me understand:) I never consider myself a peon to someone who has more and never feel I am better than anyone else who has less.

Amen!

Doesn't bother me either

I am proud to be a peon :D Just kidding

If others can afford the bigger suites & that is their preference I say go for it

life is short .....enjoy what makes you happy

LYN

Doesn't bother me either

I am proud to be a peon :D Just kidding

If others can afford the bigger suites & that is their preference I say go for it

life is short .....enjoy what makes you happy

LYN

Lyn, You and a lot of members on this forum cruise 3-4 times a year and if I did the same would undoubtedly be just as happy in the cabins you select with frequent sailings. Unfortunately I have other indulgences that cost the same as a cruise sailing such as I collect Judith Leiber Minaudieres. So by the time I do a cruise yearly or every other, I want to go all the way (almost) and secure a nice cabin with some of the bells and whistles. BTW, wearing holy jeans these days costs several hundred dollars. You might want to wear overalls instead. Enjoy your Halloween everywhere :).

Lyn, You and a lot of members on this forum cruise 3-4 times a year .

In the past we may have done more than 1 a year now we only cruise once a year but we will do a B2B.

We are quite comfortable in the ocean view or basic balcony cabins

We are not high maintenance people.

We do have other interests that we indulge in :D

We could afford a suite but it is just NOT us ;)

You have to do what suits you best & if you like the pampering I say go for it ;)

Lyn

My new motto "Enjoy life while you can"

In the past we may have done more than 1 a year now we only cruise once a year but we will do a B2B.

We are quite comfortable in the ocean view or basic balcony cabins

We are not high maintenance people.

We do have other interests that we indulge in :D

We could afford a suite but it is just NOT us ;)

You have to do what suits you best & if you like the pampering I say go for it ;)

Lyn

My new motto "Enjoy life while you can"

Well, perhaps we can both meet one day wearing our overalls onboard:D

Unfortunately I have other indulgences that cost the same as a cruise sailing such as I collect Judith Leiber Minaudieres
A Knitter - what a fabulous item to collect even though it's a tres expensive indulgence. I own a simple JL handbag (Wrap Clutch) that goes on every cruise with me. I'm sure you cherish your collection.

A Knitter - what a fabulous item to collect even though it's a tres expensive indulgence. I own a simple JL handbag (Wrap Clutch) that goes on every cruise with me. I'm sure you cherish your collection.

I do cherish each child and take one with me each cruise to carry at dinner. I started out rescuing them from resale stores and sending them back to Judith Leiber New York 15 years ago to be repaired. Then..one thing led to another. Each one is a work of art and don't consider any to be simple. So..if it wasn't for the children:eek:, I would be cruising more often. LOL

• 2 months later...

Suite and Concierge Level passengers get complimentary laptops in their staterooms and are guaranteed 2 dining experiences all alternative dining restaurants, other passengers are only guaranteed 1 per restaurant. (with the addition of Red Ginger and Jacques, that could be important)

Suite and Concierge Level passengers get complimentary laptops in their staterooms and are guaranteed 2 dining experiences all alternative dining restaurants, other passengers are only guaranteed 1 per restaurant. (with the addition of Red Ginger and Jacques, that could be important)

You're right about the Laptops, but not about the restaurant reservations:

Guest in an Owners, Vista, or Oceania Suite receive two reservations per specialty restaurant (Polo Grill, Toscana, Jacques, and Red Ginger); a total of eight reservations.

All other guests receive one reservations per specialty restaurant; a total of four reservations

You're right about the Laptops, but not about the restaurant reservations:

Guest in an Owners, Vista, or Oceania Suite receive two reservations per specialty restaurant (Polo Grill, Toscana, Jacques, and Red Ginger); a total of eight reservations.

All other guests receive one reservations per specialty restaurant; a total of four reservations

Sounds fair to me. Like most things, you pay more, you get more. :D

Oh, has something changed so that the PH cabins on the Marina now do get two reservations per specialty restaurants as many folks were expecting? :confused:

Don't get me lying...:o I was just responding to what Stan and Jim said in post #69. They know a lot more than I do. :)

Archived