Celebrity Mercury CC cabin Blowdryers?

denni

The Mercury lists "hand held" blowdryers in concierge class. Has anyone used one? With all the airline luggage restrictions, anything I don't have to pack leaves room for goodies to bring back. :D I started to ask on Celebrity board but knew you ladies would better understand the importance of my question. lol Thanks for any info.

I don't know about the CC cabins, but the only Celebrity ship I've been on had those vacuum cleaner hose blow dryers in the bathroom. I fortunately brought my own, but my cousin used the bathroom one and said the hose got really hot. That, plus she had to hold it further down than she wanted, due to a hole ripped into the hose.

I've had experience with cruise ship blow dryers that 1.) have not worked. 2.) shut off after a couple minutes. 3.) were not in the drawer where they were supposed to be.

I now take along a small travel style blow dryer no matter what the trip...hotel or cruise ship. Mine is small enough to fit in the palm of my hand but powerful enough to get the job done. If I am fortunate enough to have a blow dryer that actually works on a cruise ship, I count myself lucky and leave mine packed away.

Bottom line: leave out a pair of shoes rather than your blow dryer.

Mercury is an older ship and the regular cabins have the dryer coming

out of spot on the wall in the bathroom. Not sure about the CC cabins

though.

As for shampoo and conditioner, I disagree with CB....I have used

the cruiseline's and my hair ends up looking just fine:)

It is a lemongrass scent and personally, I like it a lot.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise:) I have sailed Mercury 7 times

and she is a terrific ship:D

I now take along a small travel style blow dryer no matter what the trip...hotel or cruise ship. Mine is small enough to fit in the palm of my hand but powerful enough to get the job done. If I am fortunate enough to have a blow dryer that actually works on a cruise ship, I count myself lucky and leave mine packed away.

Bottom line: leave out a pair of shoes rather than your blow dryer.

Mind telling me what kind? I have a folding travel dryer but I'm not real happy with it. Wondering if there's something better than what I have.

I know you recently stayed in an Aqua Class cabin on the Celebrity Solstice. (I enjoyed your posts!) Did you happen to notice the blow dryer in the cabin? I have heard that they are hand-held and very good, but would love confirmation of that.

Thanks!

Lauren

I know you recently stayed in an Aqua Class cabin on the Celebrity Solstice. (I enjoyed your posts!) Did you happen to notice the blow dryer in the cabin? I have heard that they are hand-held and very good, but would love confirmation of that.

Thanks!

Lauren

Hi Lauren,:) they are hand held. I didn't use mine and didn't even take

it out of the bag but it is small and hand held. (It is in a lovely little

bag;)).

Thanks for the compliment. I try to post positively:)

I remember the bathroom style from the Century, those are useless. lol I do have a travel dryer that I carry when necessary. I'll keep trying to search the Celebrity board and if I don't find any info, will take mine.

Lois, you must really like the Century class. :D With the Galaxy gone and the Mercury leaving, looks like the Century will be alone. :(

Thanks so much for all your suggestions. :)

Mind telling me what kind? I have a folding travel dryer but I'm not real happy with it. Wondering if there's something better than what I have.

It's similar to this, but folds down. http://www.magellans.com/store/Health___Hygiene___Hair_CareEP224?Args=

I've had it a few years now and think it may have changed the style.

Archived