Currently on Seven Seas Mariner

zaby

We are currently on Seven Seas Mariner and we are having a wonderful time and a big reason is our cruise director, Jamie Logan and his wife Dana, they are stupendous.

We travelled on the Mariner last yr for an Alaskan cruise and Jamie was also the cruise director then and made the trip enjoyable. BUT - this year - it is GREAT. It is obvious that Jamie and Dana LOVE what they do and are exceptionally GREAT at it - as it truly comes across. Their personal greetings and their willingness to accommodate their passengers is what makes many of us repeat customers.

I am also grateful for the early upgrade to Silver status. We would have become Silver status during this 17day cruise but now achieving it on the 1st day of this cruise is making your passengers very happy - I’ve spoken to a few of them who also achieved Silver. I has sent you and Seven Seas Society a letter about a month ago & I had made the suggestion that passengers receive their status at the beginning of the qualifying cruise and YOU LISTENED. As in the “WINDOW’s 7” commercial - It was my idea. This has made me more of a REGENT Loyalist.

The ENTIRE staff had been unbelievably pleasant, helpful and they seem to LOVE what they do and I also attribute their attitude to Jamie and Dana - they have all surpassed my expectations.

The way our assignments for excursions was handled was fast and went off without any problems every time.

We took the 3 day precruise to Cappadocia and there were 16 of us on the tour and we have all on more then one occasion commented on how our guide “Asli Bayard” was the BEST and continuous to be the best guide ever. She handled some difficult situations with great ease on more then one occasion and her knowledge of the area included the history of each town and region we travelled through was phenomenal. She was EXCEPTIONAL.

Some of our excursions guide were good while others were not very good - but we all understand that they are not REGENT employees.

Again I am very happy -:) The only thing that I am unhappy about is that we are remodeling our home this coming year and will not be able to cruise.

I will end with our VOTE - if we ever had one we would without a doubt VOTE for Jamie Logan and Dana as CRUISE Directors of the YEAR.:cool:;)

I agree with you. I met Jamie and Dana for the third time, Sept. 5th. cruise. They are the best and 'keep things humming.'

We missed dinner with them. Please tell them that I am as fit as ever

( I had to leave the cruise after 5 days.}

Enjoy your cruise and keep the bulletins coming.

Neville.

Good stuff, zaby. I have never had the pleasure of sailing with Jamie & Dana but I have been a fan since I saw the YouTube clip of him water skiing behind Voyager in the Med (skippered by who else? Capt. Dag!).

I also follow his blog - Same Ship Different Day. It is fascinating with great pictures.

Rachel

Yes, we are still on board - we’ll get off on Oct 9 in Rome and we’ll be staying at St. Regis for 2 days. We’re trying to arrange transportation to Rome from the port.

By the way - we loved Cappadocia

Neviboy, We just dined with Jamie and Dana and I gave them your message and they are very glad your are doing well.

Just got back to our cabin from the Ball Room dancing - our ship is swaying a great deal but the dancers were WONDER.

I can’t say enough about the Mariner, the crew, of course cruise directors, Jamie and Dana and the ports.

I LOVE LOVE the Mariner

Please ask any questions and I’d be glad to answer

We are still loving the Mariner, we have now been on here about 14 days and we’ll be getting off in Rome on Oct 9, 2010.

Dining

I have to say that the food is even better in Compass Rose then it was last year.

Employee’s

Are wonderful and ever so eager to please.

Security

I have never had a problem with anything I have even left in my room. My computer has been on the desk since we started the cruise on Sept 22. We also forgot to lock the safe on two occasions and NEVER had a problem. We heard one gentleman as to speak to the stewardess/room caretaker as his watch is missing. Ironically the room caretaker for him was the same one that we have. I’m very sure he misplaced it - as these employees are the best.

Cappadocia - our pre cruise trip was well worth the money. There were 16 of us and we all ended up becoming a great group of friends.

It has been interesting to watch the different people on each cruise leg. For example the people on our 1st leg - The Medi Sojourn - were quite different then the passengers on this leg the Rivera cruise.

Well I’ve got to catch a nap

Hey, Zaby, make yourself known to me. I would love to meet you. My husband is the big cowboy with cowboy hat, jeans, and boots. You should be able to spot him.

I agree about everything you have said. Perfect in pretty much all respects.

Hi Zaby,

Just curious, are you the couple that visit San Ramon on business?

And Med Sojourn was a great cruise. Even the downpour in Portofino was fun.

-Jim

We took the cooking class that day. The weather was great except the last day. Compass Rose was our chose for best food. There were a lot of people from CA on board. It was a great cruise.

Let me get this straight....zaby, HonTri, Rachel, Jim00 are ALL on the Mariner cruise which departed September 22? You've been on board for 14 days and still haven't met each other?? And now you're communicating via CC???

ROFLMAO!!! Why don't one of you, at the next TeaTime Trivia or Evening Production Show (obviously before it starts) make an announcement in front of the room "Who here is on Cruise Critic?"

I think Zaby and I are the only ones of the 2 you mentioned still aboardl. I have met a couple of lurkers who when I told them my name asked if I was Rachel on CC though. And my husband and I had dinner with Sue and her husband last night. She had posted on the roll call. We had a great time, closed out CR.

Yes, we have been onboard since Sept 22, 2010. We are two women and we also ate late in Compass Rose last night. Today we are going to Wine Tasting and I’ve been trying for the last few days to changes our tickets for Portofino to Portofino and St Margarita. We were originally suppossed to do this the 1st time we went through Portofino BUT I was a little seasick that day.

The weather has been wonderful - couldn’t have asked for better weather. And I am so glad we’re not on the Voyager cruise which just got cancelled.

;)

Does anyone know where to buy some gold jewelry - which stores in either Florence or Rome.

Nothing fancy just plain necklaces and bracelet. Many, many, yrs ago I bought jewelry in Florence on Ponte Vecchio but I have heard that since then there are no bargains.

We’re just looking for some plain pieces and also leather

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Thank you;)

If you want leather gloves, Zaby, the best place in Florence is Madova gloves. It is a small shop but I have never seen such a selection of styles and colours. I paid the equivalent of about $80 for a pair of fine kid skin gloves lined with cashmere. If you walk across the Ponte Vecchio from the main part of Florence, you will see it on the corner. Here is a link to their site: http://www.madova.com/index.html

Let me get this straight....zaby, HonTri, Rachel, Jim00 are ALL on the Mariner cruise which departed September 22? You've been on board for 14 days and still haven't met each other?? And now you're communicating via CC???

ROFLMAO!!! Why don't one of you, at the next TeaTime Trivia or Evening Production Show (obviously before it starts) make an announcement in front of the room "Who here is on Cruise Critic?"

We got off in Monte Carlo. I think the Cruise Critic question at trivia is great idea. We played almost everyday. We didn't meet anybody that is a "CC'er".

There is a lovely store with reasonable ( consider that gold is at an all time high) called the Gold Corner. I bought a necklace, bracelet and earring set there with some beautiful craftmanship. They have from simple to really over the top pieces and good service.

Piazza Santa Croce 15r

Tel. +39 055 241971 info@goldcorner.it

elmwood:

I'm so glad to hear that Madova is still in business and still as high quality as it was a number of years ago. My father had been in the glove business and when i showed him what I'd bought, he approved!

I'm still wearing what I bought since I have not been to Florence is quite a while.

Archived