Seaborn Odyssey - Breakfast+Lunch -

Ceasar

For years now we have been commenting on how well the ships are run and how badly the office is, particulally the uk office.The staff on board consistantly come out as the reason people sail with Seabourn and the management are letting them down.

I do not think the office can be totally to blame as it seems as if they do not receive the information from management. for instance they seem to not know of the experiment with the MDR telling me initially that it must have been a maintenance problem.

The Seabourn management have to take responsability for not only making decisions but also informing the part of the company that is in direct contact with the customers of these decisions

OK. But who has the responsibility for letting Seabourn's " valued guests" know what on earth is going on vis a vis the MDR debacle. And when will they share enlightenment with an increasingly anxious group of ( potential) customers.

I will not be making any new reservation with Seabourn until this can of worms is sorted. And if it goes on much longer, with regret I will book my next cruise with a competitor. That will be another loyal Seabourn customer lost. :(

C'mon Dan-- this is too important a topic to explain it away as ad nauseum--- WHAT IS the official Seabourn position on the daily operation of the MDRs-- on ANY Seabourn ship?!!!

We leave on the Pride in 10 days for the Grand Asia and really are not sure what to expect-- not unreasonable to have a clear, accurate, reliable answer ( one way or the other) from Seabourn, is it?

Thanks for your patience on this whole topic-- obviously it remains important to those of us still a little, or a lot, uncertain.

Dan - You have posted that discussion of the MDR issue has gone on " ad nauseum". My dictionary definition of "ad nauseum" is " to a disgusting extent". With the greatest respect to all who have contributed to this topic could I suggest that the only disgusting issue is Seabourn's apparent unwillingness to share their plans for the MDR with their " valued guests".

Once again could I plead that you use your good offices to get a definitive answer as to Seabourn's plans. I would have thought that Seabourn would have been sensitive to the adverse PR this issue is generating and the potential impact on future reservations.

Host Dan,

Really...

I think it's bad form to denigrate- with the suggestion that the question provokes nausea- those who have a legitimate question about service issues in the dining rooms on Odyssey and other Seabourn ships.

As you apparently have connections with Seabourn staff and management, I would hope that you pursue this question of what the "experiment" was all about and what the consequence is now. If you were cruising soon I assume that you would be especially interested as well.

Regards

The access policy, (operating hours), to the MDR on all the ships, imo, is arguably the most current important topic on the Seabourn CC forum. Despite attempts, (mine and others), for an official statement regarding MDR accessibility from HQ, it appears that it varies from ship to ship and cruise by cruise. If this indeed is the policy, Seabourn should advise potential cruisers what the MDR policy is on each particular sailing.

I agree Ravenclaw and ideally before passengers book. Those of us who have cruised before have an expectation that the facilities on board will be similar to previous cruises and in line with the brochure unless we are informed otherwise and then we can each make up our own mind whether we wish to cruise or not.

First of all, sorry about my latest post regarding this issue, I think (for one and only time) I can blame my remark on celebrating a big birthday! ;) I will see what I can do, regarding some guidance from SB HQ.

Host Dan

First of all, sorry about my latest post regarding this issue, I think (for one and only time) I can blame my remark on celebrating a big birthday! ;) I will see what I can do, regarding some guidance from SB HQ.

Host Dan

How Big was it??? 50?:eek: 60?:eek::eek:

How Big was it??? 50?:eek: 60?:eek::eek:

It was my "all 10" birthday- 46 (4+6) born 1964 (1+9, 6+4) born at 10:10PM, twin sister at 10PM, parents were both 37, you get the drift... :) Dom Perrignon at 10:10 last night- priceless!

Host Dan

I just talked to seabourn and they told me the mdr is closed when the ship is in port for breakfest and lunch. The reason they gave was all the guests were off the ship on tours and when they returned it was more convienent to go to the colonade. On cruises with a lot of seadays the resturant would be open.:(

It was my "all 10" birthday- 46 (4+6) born 1964 (1+9, 6+4) born at 10:10PM, twin sister at 10PM, parents were both 37, you get the drift... :) Dom Perrignon at 10:10 last night- priceless!

Host Dan

Wow! thats not every day. Hope you bought some "10" lottery tix.:D

Although I completely agree with everyone who says the MDR should be open for all meals (this is the wrong way to economize on SB's part) let's not take out our frustration on Host Dan. He is the host of the luxury lines' boards on CC, not a SB rep. I'm sure SB is trying to keep this as vague as possible.

"... as vague as possible"?

I hardly think that this motivation- if that's what it is- is in anyone's best interest.

The communications aspect of public relations is a major aspect of marketing luxury products and services.

So if an earlier poster's proffered information does state Seabourn policy for all or some of the ships it would be a simple matter for Seabourn to confirm the details:

Main Dining Room is opened/not opened on sea days and/or port days.

Over to Seabourn!

So this whole MDR thing is baffling. This is a 5 star cruise line, trying like others to be successful for the LONG TERM. But what can possibly explain the ambiguity, lack of CUSTOMER focus, and apparent apathy of the top execs to hear this issue, study all the implications, and the consequences, and then simply STATE A POSITION that their loyal, and new, customers can understand.

This FEELS so undehanded...hopefully, since we're going on our 31st cruise, first with Seabourn, in less than a week this topic will be resolved....as said yesterday, one way or the other.

If not, shame on the Seabourn execs, who although we have looked to as professional, focused, and credible, we could not trust for our future cruise plans. That would be so sad---please respond, Seabourn execs--- you muxt be out there...perhaps hopefully sitting around a table in the MDR!

I agree completely with everyone. I was just saying that the wrath should be directed at SB and we should not be demanding that Host Dan get the facts for us.

So far as I can see from the posts, no one is "demanding" anything from Host Dan. Individual initiatives have been nugatory - so far producing zilch from Seabourn. Recognising that Dan has connections at a senior level in Seabourn ( his words), all that is being asked is if he would be kind enough to use his good offices to try to get a definitive view from Seabourn as to their intentions for the MDR . In my view , a very reasonable request . Particularly given Dan's commendable track record in extracting information for us from Seabourn. So, Wripro what is wrong with this approach? And JFI, who is demanding?

The MDR situation is serious for many current and potential " valued guests". Surely Seabourn is aware of the adverse PR their silence on this issue is generating and the potential impact . Their behaviour beggars belief.

Host Dan

and on 10/10/10--all those 10s, bet no one else has that, how cool!!!!!!

First of all we should not critise his English unless our Sweedish is better.

More importantly, Seabourn have got to be more pro-active in their information over this closure of MDR. I am sure they are loosing bookings by their silence and absence of information on their web site.

Thank you, try to improve my english - cheers / skål:p

So far as I can see from the posts, no one is "demanding" anything from Host Dan. Individual initiatives have been nugatory - so far producing zilch from Seabourn. Recognising that Dan has connections at a senior level in Seabourn ( his words), all that is being asked is if he would be kind enough to use his good offices to try to get a definitive view from Seabourn as to their intentions for the MDR . In my view , a very reasonable request . Particularly given Dan's commendable track record in extracting information for us from Seabourn. So, Wripro what is wrong with this approach? And JFI, who is demanding?

The MDR situation is serious for many current and potential " valued guests". Surely Seabourn is aware of the adverse PR their silence on this issue is generating and the potential impact . Their behaviour beggars belief.

Stop press from Sojourn.

MDR has been open for lunch at least two days (the only days I looked .. we are 3 days into our cruise) but with a very sparse crowd making use of it. Haven't checked for breakfast but will try to.

So far, rumblings of discontent do not seem to have made it on-board so may still be limited to CC.

Archived