Europe Travel Alert

rahrah50

Is anyone nervous about upcoming cruises with the State department travel alert posted today?????:confused::confused::confused:

Hi- Yep, a little nervous since Oceania routed us on Lufthansa thru Munich and Germany is one of the 3 countries on the list...

How r u flying and are u going into any of the 3 countries to change planes...

the countries are England,France and Germany...

Is anyone nervous about upcoming cruises with the State department travel alert posted today?????:confused::confused::confused:

You're safer there than most large cities in N.A. The only problem would be if flights are disrupted. But that can happen with volcanoes, and ice storms and hurricanes.

Since I travel for a living the alert is nothing new and I am always on guard especially when I travel to Bahrain, Kuwait, UAE or other hot spots.

One item for all plan on extra time for security and FRA, LHR and CDG. I am sure their will be more checks and longer lines.

Since I travel for a living the alert is nothing new and I am always on guard especially when I travel to Bahrain, Kuwait, UAE or other hot spots.

One item for all plan on extra time for security and FRA, LHR and CDG. I am sure their will be more checks and longer lines.

FRA is now the worst and longest lines. Much more than any other European hub. Last week returned from Jeddah via FRA - security check lines for in-transit passengers between terminals can last 2 hours. It was easier to enter Germany, and then re-enter for the airline club and continuation flights.

BUT - I agree. If you stay home - they win.

Besides - this is just an awareness of common sense to all. Keep you eyes open ANYWHERE/EVERYWHERE not just when you leave your front door.

Exactly what does it mean to be alert, be on guard, keep your eyes open, use caution and common sense?

Common sense.

Avoid crowds or areas that are suspected of being targeted. These are in the State Department/Homeland Security Alert.

Stay away from popular American Hangouts. For me this includes Hilton's, Sheraton's and Marriott's.

Stay away or limit time at crowded public transit hubs. Especially non secure areas like rail, bus or metros.

Archived