Hot Chocolate

waquiltcruiser

One of my favorite memories from our 2001 Statendam Alaska cruise was when I was sitting outside one morning on the promenade deck, reading and enjoying the gorgeous scenery all by myself. A steward appeared, completely unasked, and presented me with a cuppa hot chocolate. Now THAT's service from HAL!

If you get the hot chocolate in the Lido, as others have mentioned - no charge. However, if you get hot chocolate at the Explorations Cafe - there is a charge.

On Vista ships, such as you are sailing, in the Lido there is a hot chocolate machine. It is similar to a coffee machine in that you place your cup under the spout, press the button, and hot chocolate is dispensed. If the machine isn't working, then the packets of the powder are available. As a hint - when I've needed to use the packets for DH's morning hot chocolate, I don't use the hot water. I head over to the Eggs Benedict station and the kind crew member there ladles hot milk into the cup where I've put the instant powder.

I head over to the Eggs Benedict station and the kind crew member there ladles hot milk into the cup where I've put the instant powder.

Is the hot milk only available at breakfast at the Eggs Benedict station on Vista ships? I had asked once for hot milk at dinner in the main dining room on one of the cruise ships but was told they didn't have a way to heat up the milk.

Archived