Barcelona post-cruise hotel stay

mamoune

Hi everyone. We are going on a Med cruise in May and would like some recommendations for a nice, clean, hotel for our 3 night post-cruise stay. Our budget is about 110 to 125 euros per night. All suggestions are welcome!

Hotel Colon, right in front of the Cathedral, in the Gothic town. We paid 122 euros the night, and that was in August. Service was good and location is even better, we walked to almost every single place, with the exception of the Sagrada Familia and the Barsa Stadium.

The sister Hotel, Hotel Regencia Colon is cheaper and just behind the Hotel Colon.

Stayed at the Onix Rambla Hotel. It is on Rambla Catalunya above Placa Catalunya NOT on Las Ramblas which is a different street.

It was very convenient and clean although not "fancy". The first time was a real bargain at 90e for 2 inc. breakfast. The 2nd stay was a little over 100e for one person and no breakfast. On the 2nd stay I got coffee and fresh pastries nearby most mornings at a cafe nearby.

Hi everyone. We are going on a Med cruise in May and would like some recommendations for a nice, clean, hotel for our 3 night post-cruise stay. Our budget is about 110 to 125 euros per night. All suggestions are welcome!

Check out Hotel Astoria at 69 Euros per night.

http://www.venere.com/hotels/barcelona/hotel-astoria/?ref=9115

We stayed 3 nights pre-cruise at the Hotel Granvia, just 2 blocks from P. Catalunya and the top of La Rambla. Large clean rooms and baths and very safe neighborhood.

Question for mfantasia and baggal. I have the Hotel Colon booked for next June. I have recently read some reviews about the area around the hotel not being safe, particulary at night. This is the first time I have read anything like this. Did you experience anything like this? I know sometimes you have to take some reviews with a grain of salt. I'm not talking about normal pickpockets, but mugging and robbery.

Question for mfantasia and baggal. I have the Hotel Colon booked for next June. I have recently read some reviews about the area around the hotel not being safe, particulary at night. This is the first time I have read anything like this. Did you experience anything like this? I know sometimes you have to take some reviews with a grain of salt. I'm not talking about normal pickpockets, but mugging and robbery.

I was at the Hotel Jazz which is about 2 -3 blocks from Plaza Cataluna. Felt very comfortable during the day. At night, we walked back from dinner, etc. but were very cautious of our surroundings.

• 3 weeks later...

Can i recommend the Holiday Inn Express. I got a room rate of 79 Euros by following a recomendation through this site http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1535105&highlight=holiday+inn. I booked the hotel on the Family and Friends promo code (it says the rate finished on 30th Sept but i used it today succesfully), just follow the link. Other 'cheap' hotel sites were asking 159 Euros for the same booking.:eek:

Other people on Disney forum seem to recommend the Novotel.

We stayed for two nights 8th and 9th oct 2010 in the hotel Gran Torre Catalunya beside Sants station ( about 100 yards ) Hotel is really good , our room was on floor 18 . the views over Barcelona are amazing and in the restaurant floor 23 you have 360 degree views over the city. You can take the train from the airport to Sants station and all the metro lines are in the station so the whole city is easy to travel . we bought the T 10 ticket for 7.80 euro at airport and you get 10 journeys on train,metro or bus.

Archived