Per 's on board ships

interested to know if anyone takes the time to fill out the personal evaluation cards, they receive at the end of the cruise.

i have talked to many staff members about these, and did not

realize how very important they are. When you fill them out, you should hand them personally to the person, who in turn gives it to his or her supervisor.

the cards people write go a very long way in determining if that person gets promoted on the ship.

if you never thought about it before,please take a moment to fill these cards in, the people will appreciate the gesture very very much...and be very grateful, you took the time...****

thank you for listening

b.j.

( 19 cruises )...20...coming up :)

Sorry,but you have to turn them into the box(usually by Guest Relations)...if you hand them over to a crew member,they wont count......you never know if a crew member will just add their own info......(just saying why,not that it would happen,but you never know)

They are VERY important.........I know some that got promotions based on the comments.........and on the other hand,if they get complaints,they get a talking to.........

The comment cards are very important to the staff on board the ship but do not hand them to the staff, they will not take them. They are taken from the ship and read. If there are personal comments about a particular waiter or steward, those positive comments can lead to additional time off. Bad reports can lead to termination.

As said, they are very important. I have never had a crew member EVER ask me to return it to them.

That sounds "fishy" in my book.

These cards ARE READ! I think I got a phone call within a week from my Solstice vacation this past January because of some of the points I brought up.

It was a nice conversation to adequately understand and address the circumstance.

Fill these cards out and put them in the box!!!!!:D It may just make for a better product!

I sent executive offices an e-mail about several crew members from the Radiance and I got an e-mail back that the ship had been informed.

It does my heart good to know some crew members benefit from our positive comments.

I like to fill the cards out as well as e-mailing.

Laura

People frequently come back from a cruise and their cruise critic posts are either effusive in their praise of the staff who served them or an angry vent about the poor service they claim to have received. Both should recognize that the better way to handle both types of treatment is to mention it in the comment cards. A good word on the comment card,or a well-reasoned complaint can make a big difference in how future cruises go. :)

Absolutely fill these out. On my past B2B cruise I filled one out at the end of the first week. During the next week I had a couple of the crew comment on my nice comments regarding them. They read them at a meeting. Those crew members do not go unrecognized. If you have something nice to say about someone make sure to make their day.

I sent executive offices an e-mail about several crew members from the Radiance and I got an e-mail back that the ship had been informed.

It does my heart good to know some crew members benefit from our positive comments.

Laura

I did the same, very specifically detailing why those folks were so good. I was back on the ship a few months later and the crew I had good comments about saw me and knew I had given good comments via letter to corporate...so praise does get passed along. Sadly the R/A was home on leave when I was back aboard (Glad for her)...and I think she went on leave before the good comments made their way to her.

We not only fill them out, at times, we have had to scotch taped an extra sheet of paper to them. When we receive exceptional service from everyone from the maintenance personnel who unstopped out toilet to the young buffet-area waitress who took time out from her time-off to show us around the ship, just one small 4x6 card just won't do.

We always fill them out. During our cruise on Grandeur last year we had a problem with our toilet that didn't get fixed the first time it was supposedly done. They came back at midnight to fix it again after we reported it again. My DH mentioned it on the card and we were contacted a few weeks later by RCI. They investigated the issue and gave us OBC (about $125 I think) that we used on our next cruise. We always fill them out but that's the first time we've ever had an issue to report. We usually use them to praise a crewmember. They do read them.

And, no we didn't ask for anything, they offered it.

The cards are supposed to go into the boxes onboard and not directly to a crewmember. To me that's got red flags all over it. I doubt the supervisors would accept the cards from the crewmembers. There's a box near the purser's desk.

The cards are supposed to go into the boxes onboard and not directly to a crewmember. To me that's got red flags all over it. I doubt the supervisors would accept the cards from the crewmembers. There's a box near the purser's desk.

It is printed right on the survey that you must turn it into the box or it will not be accepted or read.

I did the same, very specifically detailing why those folks were so good. I was back on the ship a few months later and the crew I had good comments about saw me and knew I had given good comments via letter to corporate...so praise does get passed along. Sadly the R/A was home on leave when I was back aboard (Glad for her)...and I think she went on leave before the good comments made their way to her.

Resident Advisor?!?!?!? :confused:

Laura

I like the fact that you made some positive comments. So often the comment cards only get filled out by people who have had a negative experience. We always try to make some positive comments, citing situations, actions and outcomes. They want to know what happened or what the crew member did to make you happy...not just comments like they were the best room attendant ever or you really thought the waiter did a great job.

And you are right, every one of those comment cards is read buy a RCI employee. They determine not only promotions but things such as waiter's and bar staff stations (some pay better tips than others). They also look at them for suggestions and trends. That's how many changes begin. We've gotten several phone calls requesting more information. I like to think that we have gotten a couple people a raise, promotion or extended contract. :rolleyes:

Yes I have filled them out for both my cruises so far and plan on it from here on out. I feel it worth the time to write some positive things about certain crew members or services i have received and hope it does them good.

So far, I have had absolutely nothing negative to say about either cruise I have been on. Even though both ships were old and had some pretty nasty reviews on CC reviews. I have since taken that with a grain of salt and go in with an open mind and have pleasantly been surprised each time.

The only depressing thing bout it is when ya fill those out, you know its all over with. Kind of a sad time for me:o

When we were on the golden princess on a 14 day hawaii, we had such an exceptional bar staff in "explorers lounge", we wrote cards on all three, and gave them directly to the individuals.

Later in the cruise, the bar manager came one night to check things out, and we chatted to him, and found out the cards were turned over to him, and had been received and read. We have never put them in the boxes, but will have to check this out, as i would hate to thing sometimes our cards have gone by the wayside !!

Thanks for all the comments letting me know..maybe we should have been doing this all along??????

B.j.

Guest satisfaction surveys must be turned into the boxes marked "Guest Survey" normally by the Guest Relations Desk otherwise they will not be counted. The crew will not take these surveys as they will not be counted unless they are placed in the guest survey box. IT IS very important to the crew and company that these forms be filled out. It's the only official "on paper" feed back they get, besides emails and letters.

When I sailed on Legend, the cabin steward was horrible. She knew that I was unhappy with the service since I had complained to her, guest services, and the head of housekeeping. On the last day of the cruise, she refused to give me a comment card. She claimed that she had "run out" before she got to our cabin and didn't have time to find one for me. I was mad so I went to guest services and requested one. On the card, I mentioned the cabin steward by name and explained exactly why I rated the service as poor (rude attitude, refusal to fill the ice, forgetting to bring towels (we had to use pool towels), didn't clean cabin for 5 days, and number of times that I complained onboard about the service without resolution). I also mentioned by name our assistant waiter and concierge who both provided excellent service.

I got a call from RC about a week after we returned home to say they would look into our issues with the cabin steward.

When I sailed on Legend, the cabin steward was horrible. She knew that I was unhappy with the service since I had complained to her, guest services, and the head of housekeeping. On the last day of the cruise, she refused to give me a comment card. She claimed that she had "run out" before she got to our cabin and didn't have time to find one for me. I was mad so I went to guest services and requested one. On the card, I mentioned the cabin steward by name and explained exactly why I rated the service as poor (rude attitude, refusal to fill the ice, forgetting to bring towels (we had to use pool towels), didn't clean cabin for 5 days, and number of times that I complained onboard about the service without resolution). I also mentioned by name our assistant waiter and concierge who both provided excellent service.

I got a call from RC about a week after we returned home to say they would look into our issues with the cabin steward.

I'm glad you mentioned this. If you DO NOT get a guest survey in your room on the second to last night or last night, you can ALWAYS get them at the Guest Relations Desk.

Here is an e-mail I recieved showing the importance of the cards.

I think some of us might want to express more of our opinions

Thank you for your email.

We sincerely regret to learn of your disappointment in regard to our alcohol policy. Please note that our policies and procedures are based largely on customer feedback, much of which is collected from guest satisfaction cards supplied within the staterooms onboard. As Royal Caribbean International focuses on families who cruise together, many of our guests expressed concern regarding the control of alcoholic beverages. To this end, our cruise line is able to best monitor and avoid potentially harmful situations by being the sole provider and thus regulating the consumption of alcohol. We apologize for any disappointment this response may cause.

If guests receive a Royal Selections Gift (bottle) in their stateroom and they wish to take the bottle to the dining room, then a corkage fee of $12.00 per bottle will apply. There is no corkage fee if the guests consume the bottle in their stateroom, as long as it was purchased through Royal Selections.

thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International.

Sincerely,

Dayna Bolton

Customer Service Representative

I always keep a list from the very beginning of each cruise. It is hard to remember everyone who was wonderful after two weeks and I think they each deserve to be recognized. I have always gotten a call from Rccl when I return, which gives me a chance to expand on the comments I have left.

Archived