Ousted Cunarders on Noordam in photo?

Nor'Eastah

I just read about a couple being placed under house arrest on QM2 in Quebec recently on the Cunard boards. The article linked in the post has a photo of the couple

article-1317414-0B768D84000005DC-282_468x390.jpg

The pictures on the wall look like the Taj Mahal reproductions on the Noordam. Any Noordam experts out there that can confirm or deny?

Obviously not an important or even relevant question I just thought I

recognized the pictures and knew if there was anyone that could confirm it would be someone on this board :)

Here's a link to the article in case you're interested: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1317414/Briton-wife-ordered-QM2-cruise-ship-anti-Semitic-row.html

Sounds like the incident and the couple were quite a 'piece of work'. If cruise industry hotel directors got together to publish a book 'Passengers We've Known' I'm sure the rest of us simply wouldn't believe the 'lion's share' of it.

knitlady, thanks for the link, she sure seems like quite the character.

Sapper1...thanks for the LOLs!

I can only imagine the other side of the story. I've seen some feisty characters on cruises and nothing was officialy said. There must have been some serious uproar for the Commodore to get involved and I hardly believe either party is innocent. We'll probably never know the whole truth but it's entertaining to speculate.

Now back to my sleuthing...I know I'll find proof somewhere that pic was taken on the Noordam.....;)

"The row erupted during dinner when another passenger at the formal dinner was said to have remarked: ‘There are too many Jews on board’."

Sounds like the other passenger deserved the 'f-you' comment offered up by Miss Sher. Kicking somebody off the ship because they insulted anothe passenger (a regulation? lol) is a new one on me. Granted....perhaps she took it a step further if she did, in fact, shove somebody.... but it also sounds like the other passenger was an anti semetic a**hole who should've gotten the same treatment. :shrug:

Seems to me that its blatant anti-Semitism on the part of the other passenger as well as the Captain and Cunard itself. Something to think about when I'm booking my next cruise.

That's what it sounded like to me too.

I did not see that they attached anyone, etc. So, the other couple was allowed to stay on-board?

I'd be interested to know the full background to this story because I suspect this incident was the culmination of several others and the Captain finally decided enough was enough. This lady is obviously extremely "high maintenance" in every possible way :rolleyes:

The lesson to be learned in what we are able to discern from the media reports (which are worth less than hearsay) is if you are a passenger on a ship, or airplane, or whatever, and you feel that you have been maligned, abused, or otherwise mistreated, DO NOT try to handle the situation yourself. If you do so, you are likely to be disciplined.

The classic example in pro sports is the player who is the victim of a cheap shot. When he (or she) reacts, the official only sees the reaction, and the victim is penalized.

Unless you have good evidence that your reaction was because you reasonably felt that you were defending yourself from injury, the captain (who's word is law) can rule that you were the aggressor, and should be punished.

If you are in a situation like this, you need to report it to ship's security, and follow up to make sure that they handle it as it should be. You may need to ask about their escalation procedures if it appears that they are ignoring it.

No person should have to be the target of bigotry! Free speech does not encompass the right to defame others.

Found it! Amateur sleuth is back, I knew I had seen those pictures before...found a photo my mother in law took of her cabin (6171) that was next door to ours on the Noordam in 2008. TA DA!

2336672050104483212S425x425Q85.jpg

Now before the attention detailed tell me these are not exactly the same as the first photo, I know they aren't identical but I do believe they had different but similar versions of these pictures on the Noordam. There are other slightly different versions shown in the Noordam balcony cabin photos on the link at the top of the HAL board.

I know the drama of the Cunard dispute is more exciting for some but I'm just tickled that I found my proof! Of course doesn't prove a thing really except that my memory is not as bad as I thought it was...and these days anything that makes me feel less like I'm losing it is a real treat!

Thanks for indulging my little CSI episode.

But wait, could there be more to add to the drama... does anyone recall sailing with these two? Are there some trusty HAL regulars that have an insider scoop? :cool: LOL

Found it! Amateur sleuth is back' date=' I knew I had seen those pictures before...found a photo my mother in law took of her cabin (6171) that was next door to ours on the Noordam in 2008. TA DA!

2336672050104483212S425x425Q85.jpg

Now before the attention detailed tell me these are not exactly the same as the first photo, I know they aren't identical but I do believe they had different but similar versions of these pictures on the Noordam. There are other slightly different versions shown in the Noordam balcony cabin photos on the link at the top of the HAL board.

I know the drama of the Cunard dispute is more exciting for some but I'm just tickled that I found my proof! Of course doesn't prove a thing really except that my memory is not as bad as I thought it was...and these days anything that makes me feel less like I'm losing it is a real treat!

Thanks for indulging my little CSI episode.

But wait, could there be more to add to the drama... does anyone recall sailing with these two? Are there some trusty HAL regulars that have an insider scoop? :cool: LOL

What great sleuthing work you did. Brava! :cool::cool:

All other things aside, and slightly tongue-in-cheek, I'm surprised that someone claiming to be an illegitimate son of Edward VIII:eek: was only asked to LEAVE a British ship, by a British captain. There was a time, or so my mum said, when he'd have been made to SWIM home!

All other things aside, and slightly tongue-in-cheek, I'm surprised that someone claiming to be an illegitimate son of Edward VIII:eek: was only asked to LEAVE a British ship, by a British captain. There was a time, or so my mum said, when he'd have been made to SWIM home!

:D:D:D I may be wrong but I was under the impression he was not capable of fathering anyone..

The lady in question may well be a PITA who deserved to be tossed off the ship. We don`t know the full story at this time. I`m sure the details will eventually come out.

We here on the HAL boards are primarily senior citizens. We`ve read many a wisecrack about the HAL passengers re our age, appearance and infirmities from other posters. Let`s not do this with this lady.

Archived