Conquest-September 26, 2010

waiting4acruise

Missing 2 out of 3 ports on a 7 day trip. Almost a complete wasted cruise, glad I was not there.......

It is all individual taste's. DW and I would be perfectly happy on a 7-day trip to nowhere. We love sea days, even in 18' foot seas with the ship being hit broadside by 40-50 kt. winds for 36 hours as we had for 36 hours on a trip to Hawaii. So our reaction would have been different than your reaction to the cruise.

It is all individual taste's. DW and I would be perfectly happy on a 7-day trip to nowhere. We love sea days, even in 18' foot seas with the ship being hit broadside by 40-50 kt. winds for 36 hours as we had for 36 hours on a trip to Hawaii. So our reaction would have been different than your reaction to the cruise.

You must love the sea. The rough seas would not bother me as long as I did not get seassick.

Missing 2 out of 3 ports on a 7 day trip. Almost a complete wasted cruise, glad I was not there.......

Not a waste at all... we had a fabulous time, just as G has reported.

A number of our folks said it was one of the best, if not THE best, cruise they had ever been on...

:)

We arrived at the Galveston terminal via the hotel shuttle around 10:45am. This was our first VIP embarkation in Galveston. There were not many people at the terminal when we arrived. VIP embarkation was quick and easy. My only comment on this the split off VIP and regular line does not occur until you are upstairs and go through a maze. This was not a problem this year as the line was short. Last year this part of the line was very long and would defeat the purpose of VIP embarkation.

I did VIP embarkation one time from Galveston, luckily after the dry dock so there was virtually no waiting at all. I was not too impressed myself. It goes fairly slow in that room to begin with because there are only like 4-6 ppl helping you and not one of them looked under 60...just saying...

Probably would be nice to start it off at the fun pass check in and security checkpoint, but I don't see that happening. I guess when the area does really get backed up, the process they have in place current seems fast. I have a few more cruises myself before I hit #10 but I hope to get there before I'm 40!!! LOL.

I did VIP embarkation one time from Galveston, luckily after the dry dock so there was virtually no waiting at all. I was not too impressed myself. It goes fairly slow in that room to begin with because there are only like 4-6 ppl helping you and not one of them looked under 60...just saying...

Probably would be nice to start it off at the fun pass check in and security checkpoint, but I don't see that happening. I guess when the area does really get backed up, the process they have in place current seems fast. I have a few more cruises myself before I hit #10 but I hope to get there before I'm 40!!! LOL.

This was our first VIP check in. It seen good to me. While we had to wait about 10 minutes there were places to sit. We were all done and in the VIP boarding area by 11:15 am. We were due to start boarding at 11:20 until we were delayed because of some software testing. We boarded at 11:45am.

We made the absolute best out of the situation. It's a cruise, and you know what they say: "A bad day on a cruise is still better than a good day at home." And it's also a great reason to rebook and try again. :p

I've been to Nachi probably 10 times, it's my favorite thing to do in Coz.....this was the most crowded I had ever seen it but with good cause since all my Crazies friends were with me..........The service was great, the food fabulous (watch out for the Pico de gallo HOTHOTHOT), well at least to me and NoG..Mach and Stitch just thought it was "flavorful" :p

We really had the best time.......cool breezes, warm sun.........tequila shots for a bunch..........

My sister ended up not going and I though I was going to have to go ahead and pay the balance but they only kept her deposit and I just paid for myself...........

Say hello to Carlos from the Crazies.............

Janey, that was my 4th time to Nachi, and the fabulous service and food always remain the best! I can't go to Cozumel without going to Nachi. We made up for some of the excursions we didn't get to do in other ports by inundating the Water Sports team at Nachi with reservations for parasailing, massages, snorkeling (the best ever), etc. We had the best time, and the bartenders, waitstaff, and water sports team at Nachi are all top notch. I'll continue to go back. :)

I've been looking at a trans-Atlantic!!! For THAT VERY REASON!!!! And i'd love to have the storm too. When I sail, I like to feel like I'm sailing... not just floating to another port...

It is all in the eyes and perception of the beholder!!!

It's hurricane season...you just never know.

We turned our lemons into lemonade and had a great time with family and friends. We weren't at work; we had great staff there at our beck and call...it was wonderful! :)

It is what it is, and what each person did to make the best of it. IMHO, it was one of the BEST cruises I have ever taken ...... great food, great friends & great times. It's all about making memories ;)

THANKS G!!!

I didn't know how they'd switched things since my cruise in Feb. Does this mean they don't do the Adluts only show in the small lounge after karaoke??? Or is that where they still do the 11 PM show????

There were no shows in the main theater ... the comedy was in DeGras or however it is spelled. I was so dissapointed that the comedy means no theater shows that night.

Maybe those three nights, was weather related, why no shows, but I consider it a HUGE cut back. Carnival saving money at work.

Cruising with the crazies, best ever ... shows, thumbs down. I want shows in the theater.

There were no shows in the main theater ... the comedy was in DeGras or however it is spelled. I was so dissapointed that the comedy means no theater shows that night.

Maybe those three nights, was weather related, why no shows, but I consider it a HUGE cut back. Carnival saving money at work.

Cruising with the crazies, best ever ... shows, thumbs down. I want shows in the theater.

According to the original Fun Times for this cruise shows were sceduled in the show lounge every night exceot for Tuesday, the night of the deck party. With the missed ports some of the performers, mainly the magician, could not make it to the ship.

Since this was our first Platinum cruise we had VIP debarkation. We were given a letter the night before. It stated if we did self assist we were to meet in the Renoir DR at 7:30am. If we put our luggage out the night before we were given zone 1 luggage tags and were to meet in the Renoir DR at 8:30am. We chose the 2nd option.

We had room service breakfast deliver to our cabin at 7:45am. We left our cabin for the last time at 8:15am. Once we got off the elevators on deck 3 we met the self assistors from supposedly from deck 6. I think many were from other deck judging by the luggage tags. We made our way through the self assistors and arrived in the Renoir DR at 8:25am. At 8:30am a crew member came to get us. Once in the terminal we found our luggage in Zone 1. We got a porter who led us to immigration. On the way we passed all of those self assistors in line. LOL Once outside we had a 5 minute wait for our hotel shuttle. After the van was loaded we proceeded to the hotel. We loaded our and were on the way home at 9:30am.

Archived