Oasis-Just Off

janetz

Just off the Oasis this am. :D GREAT ship. Service was excellent. Much to do. Don't miss a show. They are all worth seeing. Don't miss QUEST! It was a blast.

Anyone planning flights, you can carry off your luggage as early as 6:15am

At the Hyatt now...more when we get home tomorrow....Jan

This really makes me glad that our flight aboard the Allure in December is after 1:00 P.M. I could have made a reservation before noon, but figured waiting vs missing our flight was well worth it. Had never heard of issues gettting off of the Oasis, so glad you posted. We'll be coming in the day after Christmas, so never know about weather issues as well. We did a New Year's eve cruise two years ago out of Galveston and the port was completely fogged in. We didn't even get off ship until 5:00 P.M. and out of Galveston with a 7 hour drive to be at work the next morning. There were similar issues last New Year's but ships couldn't leave port for a couple of days. So, weather can play a big part.

Correct, on one of our Oasis trips the same thing happened and therefore there were long delays, no one should rely on catching early flights, although I know alot of people on the pages have stated that they had no problems at all. I agree The Oasis is a great ship, with a great crew.:)

No guarantees that you can be off by 6:15AM. A week ago the computers stopped for a while and lines built up.

There are no guarantees!

No guarantees that you can be off by 6:15AM. A week ago the computers stopped for a while and lines built up.

There are no guarantees!

Why say that?

Everyone for the most part knows it.

OP never said anything about guarantees.

The OP said you could on their cruise.

Just off the Oasis this am. :D GREAT ship. Service was excellent. Much to do. Don't miss a show. They are all worth seeing. Don't miss QUEST! It was a blast.

Anyone planning flights, you can carry off your luggage as early as 6:15am

At the Hyatt now...more when we get home tomorrow....Jan

OK, so you're the one that finally did it.

You've got DW interested in an Oasis cruise.

What is a good cabin location, in your opinion?

Thanks.

:cool::cool:

Thanks.

:D Glad I could help with that. I am sure many will chime in here. We booked over a year and a half out. We first booked a CP view, and then went down to deck 3 with an oceanview. No balcony this time but had to see the sea. We booked 3254 which was right by the elevators. Perfect spot for us.

This was our first RC cruise, having sailed Celebrity, Princess and Carnival. The shows were just awesome, every one. The food was wonderful. For us the ship was the destination. Everyone should see this amazing ship. :)

Correct, on one of our Oasis trips the same thing happened and therefore there were long delays, no one should rely on catching early flights, although I know alot of people on the pages have stated that they had no problems at all. I agree The Oasis is a great ship, with a great crew.:)

Hey we are heading on a 9 day cruise to Bahamas on Enchanment of the Seas...Never been on this size of a ship. We have done FOS twice. Worried I will be diappointed in the size and having enough things to do. I notice that the pool deck is not very good for kids like FOS....any thoughts on things they offer on board...daily compasses to post...any info you can give me pictures of this ship excursions to take from Port Canveral

Thanks.

We were on deck 6 port side balcony. Towards the back 1/3 of the ship. room and Service was great.

We thought the ship was WOW and had a great time. :) However would not sail a ship that size again.

Ready to try another RC, what ship? A Freeom class? We like the size of the Celebrity Century, Carribean Princess...More sea to see. ;)

My husband and I just got off the ship on 10/9 too. What an amazing ship! Everything was top notch! Loved every minute of it! Food in the MDR was great every night, service was wonderful...Mochamad (Waiter) and his assistant...Mr. Browne (think his first name was Richard) were the best! Loved it so much we will be sailing on the Allure Next October 2nd! Woohoo!!! :)

rclibertygirl5

They had the beer cooler on the 10/02 sailing, the bartender at the pub wasn't sure if they were going to do it on consecutive weeks because anyone could just hand the cooler to the next passengers boarding and therefore that would be a $10.00 loss per bag for RCCL.

They put them out on the 2nd day it is 39 and change (that includes tip) for the bag and 8 bottles of Bud products

Refills are 29 and change for 8 more bottles

I hope that helps

Donna

Do you know if it is noisy if you're in a room near Central Park? We moved to deck 8 to be close to it but wonder if we made a mistake. Deb

Deb, we were in room 8666 (:eek:) right near the elevator at the "aft" of the ship and also near the entrance for Central Park and we never heard any noise.

Carl

rclibertygirl5

They had the beer cooler on the 10/02 sailing, the bartender at the pub wasn't sure if they were going to do it on consecutive weeks because anyone could just hand the cooler to the next passengers boarding and therefore that would be a $10.00 loss per bag for RCCL.

They put them out on the 2nd day it is 39 and change (that includes tip) for the bag and 8 bottles of Bud products

Refills are 29 and change for 8 more bottles

I hope that helps

Donna

Thanks Donna!! We are sailing in 3 days and I am really hoping that they still have them. I wouldn't give mine to a passenger that was boarding!!:D

Archived