MY Opinion

TEXASMUNK

We all have them, sometimes, they are the same as others, sometimes, not. But having red a few threads this morning...I gotta ask, why do you even cruise on RCI?

We are 'loyal to Royal' because time after time, they provide a product that meets our expecatations. Do they blow it on occasion? YUP! But are the problems so large and insurmountable as to alter our buying decision? Nope, not yet. If that day ever comes we will walk away, until then we hang in there.

The threads about a transfer company refusing to leave because they want to fill the bus first. The lost piece of luggage because someone else walked away with it. The tour operator that cut short a tour. The long lines at check-in or disembarkatin because customs is having an inspection and they do it 'by the book'.

These are all things that fall under the catagory of..."Life"

Do folks have the right to jump on CC and vent? Absolutely! But ever notice how many come over, post and dissappear..assuming we will all immediately change our buying habits and never again look at a Royal Caribbean cruise?

But my number one complaint is the PC poster who is disgusted with other posters and then sits back in all his or her rightousness and takes offense when others defend their opinion or right to choose!

Life is tough, we only come here because of a quest for informaton or to share our love of how we spend our hard earned money on a vacation....

Probably the most typical spark that lights fires is tobacco. If you choose to smoke and adhere to the guidlines, those that hate smoke can also voice an opinion, but to deride those that do smoke (according to the ship's policy) are not contributing.....for example, Voyager has a cigar bar...if you are anti-smoking, stay out of the cigar bar! Instead of ranting about being denied access to that 300 square feet the ship has set aside for those that like a cigar!....again...it is life, get over it.

Just my opinion!!

I for one, truly enjoy the threads...like the one recently moved to the Panama canal thread...a member asked questions and got an absolute ton of great information...

I have been chided by CC for getting on my high horse and stomping on a poster or two....no more, I promised to behave. So when you find a thread of interest..either pro or con...just remember...

Stuff happens it ain't always RCI's fault!!!!!

Well said TM. So much wonderful information here. However trolls and people having a bad hair day can make it seem like RCI is the worst cruise line on the seas.

While I love a good cat fight and have been guilty of "prodding the dragon" from time to time about babies and smoking, it is all in good fun.

I miss a year round cruise out of Galveston but cherish the fact that we at least held on to a part time ship. The left coast is about to lose all their RCI ships. They are not happy campers. So, it seems that they do not agree with the trolls that RCI is a bum line.

This is an interesting thread, I have to agree that sometimes people "vent" a bit too much on here, but one positive that comes out of that experience is it allows the rest of us to learn from their mistakes. I too get the feeling that some people on these boards just aren't happy but they also point out things that are silly mistakes that others can learn from. I think RCCL overall does a great job, yes we have had issues on cruises that were less than "ideal" and have run into employees that were less than outstanding, but compared to shore based hotels and the airlines their customer service is usually very good.

Sometimes when things "go wrong" on a cruise. Tour gets cancelled, cut short, itinerary changed, etc things work out better than you had planned in the first place. When I read a review I look at the ones that everything is great and the ones that everything was terrible and somewhere in between is probably accurate.

This is a very good thread. I havent been on rci yet but have booked for april on oasis. we have always done carnival but we did have something happen that makes it so I will never book carnival again and I did go to the carnival CC thread and post what happened. did i do it so people would not go on carnival? No, I did it because the medical people were very incompetent when my son fell and hit his head and needed stitches. he did not remember any of the fall or of laying on the ground. he doesnt remember until another 15 yr old sat him up. carnival medical staff refused to acknowledge that he may have passed out and he may have a concussion which could have lead to a bleed in his brain. They argued with me that he never passed out even though they did not respond when the other 15 yr old called for help. they told him to hold pressure and they were unable to come at that time but when they were free they would come. They never called another adult employee to help. any way I am pediatric advanced life support certified so I know there was a chance of concussion and he had a head ache for 1 1/2 week. they never xrayed or keep him for observation or shipped him off the boat. I even told them we had trip medical insurance since his dad has a heart problem. I had to keep waking him and checking on his alertness in our cabin. Did I put all this on carnivals thread to make people not use them. no. I put this on there so they were aware and could make an informed decision especially if they already had a medical condition. I also can on RCI and posted a thread asking about anyone that had to use the infermery and how well they did. I an glad to say all i got was good feed back.

Absolutely concur. While I may not agree with your opinion, I will defend your right to have and voice that opinion.

At the same time, sometimes posters are just plain rude, calling other posters stupid, etc. IMHO, if someone states an error they may have old information, be guessing based on their experience, or maybe just trying to respond in order to start/restart a thread.

I agree with OP that flaming smokers, chair hogs or others who exhibit behaviors which are allowed/legal but not to your liking is immature and ill mannered, and does nothing to help folks looking for information and advice.

If we all play nice, we will all enjoy the party. lol

Absolutely concur. While I may not agree with your opinion, I will defend your right to have and voice that opinion.

At the same time, sometimes posters are just plain rude, calling other posters stupid, etc. IMHO, if someone states an error they may have old information, be guessing based on their experience, or maybe just trying to respond in order to start/restart a thread.

I agree with OP that flaming smokers, chair hogs or others who exhibit behaviors which are allowed/legal but not to your liking is immature and ill mannered, and does nothing to help folks looking for information and advice.

If we all play nice, we will all enjoy the party. lol

Thank you. I tried to say the same thing earlier but couldn't have said it better than you. Opinion is one thing but rudeness is a whole different ball game.

And talking about ballgames - 3:50 PM SAINTS 10 - Cardinals - 3 GEAUX SAINTS!

We all have them, sometimes, they are the same as others, sometimes, not. But having red a few threads this morning...I gotta ask, why do you even cruise on RCI?

We are 'loyal to Royal' because time after time, they provide a product that meets our expecatations. Do they blow it on occasion? YUP! But are the problems so large and insurmountable as to alter our buying decision? Nope, not yet. If that day ever comes we will walk away, until then we hang in there.

The threads about a transfer company refusing to leave because they want to fill the bus first. The lost piece of luggage because someone else walked away with it. The tour operator that cut short a tour. The long lines at check-in or disembarkatin because customs is having an inspection and they do it 'by the book'.

These are all things that fall under the catagory of..."Life"

Do folks have the right to jump on CC and vent? Absolutely! But ever notice how many come over, post and dissappear..assuming we will all immediately change our buying habits and never again look at a Royal Caribbean cruise?

But my number one complaint is the PC poster who is disgusted with other posters and then sits back in all his or her rightousness and takes offense when others defend their opinion or right to choose!

Life is tough, we only come here because of a quest for informaton or to share our love of how we spend our hard earned money on a vacation....

Probably the most typical spark that lights fires is tobacco. If you choose to smoke and adhere to the guidlines, those that hate smoke can also voice an opinion, but to deride those that do smoke (according to the ship's policy) are not contributing.....for example, Voyager has a cigar bar...if you are anti-smoking, stay out of the cigar bar! Instead of ranting about being denied access to that 300 square feet the ship has set aside for those that like a cigar!....again...it is life, get over it.

Just my opinion!!

I for one, truly enjoy the threads...like the one recently moved to the Panama canal thread...a member asked questions and got an absolute ton of great information...

I have been chided by CC for getting on my high horse and stomping on a poster or two....no more, I promised to behave. So when you find a thread of interest..either pro or con...just remember...

Stuff happens it ain't always RCI's fault!!!!!

As usual... you rock.

jc

I agree wholeheartedly! As a frequent cruiser and experienced traveller I know that stuff happens and many times nothing can be done about it. When the problem is one of your own making, man up, and don't expect RCCL or anyone else to fix it. Follow the rules and be nice to your fellow passengers and the staff. Enjoy everything around you and have a good time!

I really like RCCL's product and I believe enough in RCCL that I am a stock holder as well. Do I agree with all policies...no, but I am aware that they are business decisions that you need to accept if you are going to travel on a RCCL cruise. If you feel that you can't live with a policy, new or old, you are free to choose an alternative that better suits your needs.

We've been on a number of cruises, and wish it could be as many as some here. I've always found good tips and good advice. You just have to see and put up with some comments that don't do any good. I love RCI and since we only get to take one vacation per year (sometimes every other year), we wouldn't keep coming back to RCI if we didn't think it would be a great vacation.

I haven't been on RCI yet, so I'm very thankful to have found CC. I feel like I'm better prepared to know what to do/expect thanks to all the great information people share on this board. In my opinion, the complaints fall into one of two categories: genuine concerns to be aware of that others might find helpful or just "drama queen" complaints that reflect more negatively on the poster than on RCI. :rolleyes: Being a "newbie" on the board, I'm able to take the latter group with a grain of salt. However, for long-time CC members, I can see why such baseless "issues" can be irritating to read day in and day out.

Archived