I will give my waiter a $20 if he can get me THIS

tropical.dreams

Ok, maybe not 20.00 but maybe 10.00; if he can bring me some "maggi" for my soups in the main dining room. I just love the stuff, and even a drop or two, adds to my soup enjoyment!:D

I just bought my brother a 27 ounce bottle of Magg! You are right... it is a great flavor enhancer!

• 2 weeks later...
I would give my waiter $20 if he served me drinks all week that were not watered down or loaded with ice. Just give me what I am paying big $ for!

i agree!!! i had the best lemon drop martini onboard the fantasy last march....wish i could bring that bartender with me on every cruise!

Carnival's Indian vegetarian dinner...it is SO good. It is usually served on all Carnival cruises, but I always want it on another night...so yes, I would willingly turn over $20 for that meal a second night on my upcoming cruise. :)

from what i've read on CC you can order indian meals in advance for upcoming nights...i haven't tried it yet but will next time....because i looovveee indian food!

• 2 weeks later...
What's your THIS? What would you tip your waiter extra if he could somehow get it for you on the ship?

I'm on a 4 day, and I'm being told that I cannot get Grand Marnier Souffle unless I'm on a 5 day or longer.

I would honestly tip a twenty to have him sneak me one from somewhere.

Would do you no good. If they aren't prepared in the kitchen, there is no way to get one. The waiter has nothing to do with it.

I suppose he could swim to the closest 7 dayer and sneak one from their kitchen....but not for 20 bucks....

Carnival's Indian vegetarian dinner...it is SO good. It is usually served on all Carnival cruises, but I always want it on another night...so yes, I would willingly turn over $20 for that meal a second night on my upcoming cruise. :)

I enjoyed this meal for the first time last year on my Freedom cruise ( also liked the tandoor grille on that ship ). I did your time dining that cruise, and heard our waiter tell a lady at the next table, when she said she loved the creme brule, he said he could and would get it for her every night if she wanted it. So, maybe, depending on the waiter, you wouldnt have to pay 20.00 for it, and he mabye could get it for your again another night. Mind you, I could be tempted to slip at least a 10.00 to get that dinner on another night of the cruise.:)

• 1 month later...
I would have to say the same. I did not like the cheesecake I had on the Freedom this past September.

I agree, was on the Freedom last September also and did try the Cheesecake to find it just was not the real stuff.

But then again several things were not up to par on the Freedom this past September

I didn't know that as we didn't order room service. Good to know for next time. I'm sure they wouldn't be my favorite kind but I'm going to bring them with me anyway. I doubt they will have Ketchup chips or Sour Cream & Bacon chips on board.

What the heck are . . .ketchup chips???

You've got to be kidding? Who the heck brings food ON a cruise? As is, I can barely finish my meals.:eek:

As for Lobster, I always find it in the Caribbean for next to nothing.:cool:

Tip the waiter $20 for something...I always tip the waiter way more than that!!!:p

Went on a RCL once back in '89 and they served frog legs as part of their French night cuisine. Tasted great. Tried that ship one more time in 2007. Too bad RCL sux now.:mad:

My favorite dessert(s) was actually on an Eastern Carib. cruise I took a couple of years ago from Cape Canaveral on Carnival Glory. One night, they had instead of the midnight buffet...the Chocolate Buffet!!! Willy Wonka, eat your heart out!:D

An easy question for us. Having been a bartender for many years, if I find a great one in the beginning of my cruise I will give him $20.00 up front, and ask him to take GOOD care of us for the trip, and then I will tip him again at the end. This works especially well on cruise lines that "free pour", and will get you lots of drinks....that you are never charged for !!!!!

On one cruise, they ran out of Clamato, and the small little bottles of wine they carry at the Lido deck bars. Our bartender found us clamato, & the white wine, and kept it aside especially for us...$20.00....VERY well spent!!

B.J.

19 cruises & counting...

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived