Bath?

mass02703

My daughter will be turning 3 the week before our Carnival Glory cruise. I am curious how I will give her a bath and wash her long hair. I know that she will not be comfortable with the spraying of the shower. The salt in the air, pool, and beach will make a night time washing necessary. Any ideas?

If it were me I'd be getting her used to showers at home right now! Maybe make it a 'big girl' thing. The blow-up tub would be an option as well.

Also, I don't know about the Glory, but most cruise ship showers I have been in have the detachable shower head, so that you could use it to bathe her and wash her hair without having to have it spray from directly overhead, if that freaks her out. Again, practice helps!

My son is 3 and does not really enjoy the shower, but when we tell him it's time to play in the rain he is more likely to not put up a fuss. It works for us. I still think it's easier to rinse his hair with a cup than the actual shower head.

My son wanted nothing to do with showers at home... then we took a cruise. I was so worried he would freak out...but the opposite happened! He loved it! I tried to give him his shower and do his hair right after we got back in the afternoon from the pool or beach. I would stay in my bathing suit and keep the shower door open. I used the spray nozzle to give him his "shower". It worked out well. I just lowered it as far as it would go. Turned it towards the wall so it wasn't over his head or in his face. Once he realized it wouldn't be spraying on top of his head he was comfortable.

That being said...he still won't have anything to do with the shower at home!

Hi! Hope you don't mind me chiming in, but my daughter was 3 her first cruise, and it was on the Carnival Glory too. :)

Anyway, I was concerned about her in the shower, too, because she took baths (and still does at home), not showers. However, the cruise ship showers are a lot different than most home showers. They have an adjustable sprayer, so it was easy to get my little girl wet (avoiding water in her face, which she HATES), soap her down, then rinse her off with no fuss, no muss.

When we weren't rinsing, the water was pointed away from her, so she didn't feel like she was getting "bombarded." I should also point out that we brought our own tear-free shampoo and mild soap.

Also, if your daughter hates water in her face like mine, they sell little bath "visors" to keep soap and water out of your child's face when bathing.

Have a great cruise!

Thank you so much for all of the replies and suggestions. I think that she is too big for the duck bath (as she is almost 40 lbs) but am glad to hear about the good experience that some have had with the removable sprayers in the showers. She hates getting sprayed. She screams in the rain and does not like splash pads. I think that the visor may work well for her. I am definitely going to look into getting one. I would have forgotten the tearless shampoo, thank you for reminding me to add it to my list.

My DD just turned 4, and she has been taking showers at home "practicing" for the cruise, she does really well (we have a removable shower head too) One of the things my DW hit upon was giving her an "eye cloth" basically just a clean wash cloth that DD can cover her eyes w/ while we rinse her hair. We haven't had any problems washing her hair in almost a year now.

daze

Archived