Conrad DT Miami..

tab1220

• 2 weeks later...

We just came back from our cruise and stayed 2 nights pre-cruise at the Conrad Hilton. We were very happy with it and my husband has said if we ever cruise from Miami again, he wants me to book the same hotel.

Whether or not you will like it will depend on what you are looking for. It is definitely a very nice hotel. It is not a beach hotel if that is what you are looking for. It is in the downtown financial district. The building that it is in is part office tower/part hotel and part of the Conrad is also condos. You go in at the main level and the concierge is there but then you go up to the 25th floor where the reception is located. Due to the set up, you will have to take two elevators to get to your room, but it didn't bother us. For example, we would go in at the main level and then take an elevator up to the 25th floor. From there only, you can get elevators to your floor, so we would walk around to the other bank of elevators on the 25th floor and take an elevator a few floors down to our room (it isn't as difficult as it sounds). There is a very nice pool/deck area as well where my husband spent a large portion of his time at the hotel. The bathroom in the hotel room was top notch.

A lot of other cruisers have booked at the Intercontinental. It wasn't available on lastminutetravel.com for my dates so that is why I booked the Conrad and if we go again, I'd do the same. If you want to visit the area that the Intercontinental is in and you don't rent a vehicle (we didn't and parking is very pricey at the hotel), you can do so easily as in downtown Miami they have a free service called the "Metro Mover" which is basically a free monorail type system that is kind of neat - there is no driver. There is a stop really close to the Conrad as well as one in the Intercontinental area. You can read about it here:

http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/mover.asp

We also used the Metromover to get on our way to South Beach. If you wanted to do the same, you would take the Metromover to the Adrienne Arsht Center stop (definitely look at the map as you would have to transfer to a different loop (I think it is to the Omni loop) from the loop you would get from the Conrad. Then from the Adrienne Arsht Center stop you would take the 103 Beach Max bus route (which is $2/person each way) to South Beach.

If anyone has any specific questions about the Conrad, I'll answer them if I can. We didn't eat at the hotel. They do have a restaurant/bar area as well as room service, but being frugal cruisers who booked at a discount rate, the pricing (at least what I saw) was a bit high for our budget.

Thanks Canagirl. Glad you enjoyed your stay and was looking forward to what you had to say about the Conrad.

I'm presently booked at the Marriott Biscayne Bay for $129 for one night precruise and instead, was thinking of booking the Conrad for $117 on Lastminutetravel.com. The Conrad has a higher rating but sounds like the Marriott, even with renovations going on, might be a better bet because of location and onsite/connecting eateries. Had read mixed reviews about Conrad on Tripadvisor and will not have a car.

Any thoughts/advice from anyone who has stayed at both would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

We just came back from our cruise and stayed 2 nights pre-cruise at the Conrad Hilton. We were very happy with it and my husband has said if we ever cruise from Miami again, he wants me to book the same hotel.

Whether or not you will like it will depend on what you are looking for. It is definitely a very nice hotel. It is not a beach hotel if that is what you are looking for. It is in the downtown financial district. The building that it is in is part office tower/part hotel and part of the Conrad is also condos. You go in at the main level and the concierge is there but then you go up to the 25th floor where the reception is located. Due to the set up, you will have to take two elevators to get to your room, but it didn't bother us. For example, we would go in at the main level and then take an elevator up to the 25th floor. From there only, you can get elevators to your floor, so we would walk around to the other bank of elevators on the 25th floor and take an elevator a few floors down to our room (it isn't as difficult as it sounds). There is a very nice pool/deck area as well where my husband spent a large portion of his time at the hotel. The bathroom in the hotel room was top notch.

A lot of other cruisers have booked at the Intercontinental. It wasn't available on lastminutetravel.com for my dates so that is why I booked the Conrad and if we go again, I'd do the same. If you want to visit the area that the Intercontinental is in and you don't rent a vehicle (we didn't and parking is very pricey at the hotel), you can do so easily as in downtown Miami they have a free service called the "Metro Mover" which is basically a free monorail type system that is kind of neat - there is no driver. There is a stop really close to the Conrad as well as one in the Intercontinental area. You can read about it here:

http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/mover.asp

We also used the Metromover to get on our way to South Beach. If you wanted to do the same, you would take the Metromover to the Adrienne Arsht Center stop (definitely look at the map as you would have to transfer to a different loop (I think it is to the Omni loop) from the loop you would get from the Conrad. Then from the Adrienne Arsht Center stop you would take the 103 Beach Max bus route (which is $2/person each way) to South Beach.

If anyone has any specific questions about the Conrad, I'll answer them if I can. We didn't eat at the hotel. They do have a restaurant/bar area as well as room service, but being frugal cruisers who booked at a discount rate, the pricing (at least what I saw) was a bit high for our budget.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review!

So many of our cruisers promise to review and we never hear from them again or until they cruise again.

Great review and thanks for sharing!

Canagirl-How did you know on Lastminutetravel which one was the Conrad? Thanks-Linda

The link that reno3 posted above for you tells you how to do it. It is a "trick" we're really not supposed to know about. Tourico Holidays is Lastminutetravel's sister site. The use the same hotel ID numbers that Lastminutetravel.com does - so you have to look at the url on LMT and copy the hotel ID #, then you go to the url below and replace the hotelId below (in this case the 7932) with whichever # you see on LMT for the hotel you are considering booking - that tells you which hotel it is:

http://www.touricoholidays.com/en/PageHotelDetail.aspx?hotelId=7932&provider=localTgsProvider

The Conrad is ID #7932 and Intercontinental is #917.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review!

So many of our cruisers promise to review and we never hear from them again or until they cruise again.

Great review and thanks for sharing!

No problem. I've only cruised twice, but loved reading all the reviews from others both times that I have cruised so have made sure to come back each time and write my own detailed review as well!

I stay at the Conrad with my company. You take elevator to 16th floor to check in. U can see the ships in port from the bar area; resturaunt is expensive; there is a micro brewery a few blocks away that normally eat.

Archived