Oasis - Awesome - My Picture Review

Aquahound

Yes, it went floor to ceiling. The picture of the safe and coffee set up was part of it.

This room had enough storage for a very long cruise. There were some drawers we did not even use.

One thing....the nightstands next to the bed had no drawers.

Great pictures Paul!! Will be in touch in a week or so.......want to know your feelings about the cabin arraingement.

Also, headed your way in December. Hope you can join us.....at least on land......but join us on the MJ......December 6th.......for a par........tay!!

Rick

Thanks. There seems to be light on the balcony also. Love the tall table. It's not only good for breakfast.........from the middle photo.:D

Yes, the light was more directional designed to shine out. I noticed when neighbors had their lights on, it cut down on the amount of light shining over to the next balcony.

Great pictures Paul!! Will be in touch in a week or so.......want to know your feelings about the cabin arraingement.

Also, headed your way in December. Hope you can join us.....at least on land......but join us on the MJ......December 6th.......for a par........tay!!

I was very happy with the JS. The arrangement was good and it was very roomy.

I will definitely look forward to seeing you again lat this year! :)

Yes, the light was more directional designed to shine out. I noticed when neighbors had their lights on, it cut down on the amount of light shining over to the next balcony.

I was very happy with the JS. The arrangement was good and it was very roomy.

I will definitely look forward to seeing you again lat this year! :)

I'll shoot you an email just after the first of the week.....when we have everything solidified. Looking forward to seeing the two of you again.

Rick

The TV was interactive. My favorite channels were the ship cams. The bridge cam panned side to side for 180 degree views out the front. The second cam showed the Royal Promenade.

2061059220080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

Oh....and Oasis does pillow chocolates!

2661735480080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

This bed was the most comfortable RCI bed I have slept on to date.

If I have to voice a complaint about this room, I would have to mention the closet hangers. It's a very minor thing, but the hanger hooks were two small for the cross-bar. The hangers did not slide on the bar.

We were a party of 6. We did My Time Dining, which worked very well for us in the past. We had some issues on this cruise....which I will have to address on Day 2. Night 1 went fine though.

I had the Prime Rib. As always, I found it to be cooked perfectly. I loved it and had no complaints. Our server was very friendly and personable.

Unlike other classes of RCI ships, the 3 floors of the dining room did not connect. There was no internal stairway. Each floor was it's own separate dining room. Deck 5, the top floor, was for MTD. Here are some shots of the dining room.

2876771610080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

2297803870080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

2483144420080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

My show reservation for night 1 was Hairspray. Just a note about reservations. It is best to show up 1/2 hour before your show to get good seats. At 10 minutes prior to show time, non reservations people are allowed to enter and remaining seats are quickly filled. If you show up this late, your reservation will not get you any priority.

2285617730080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

Hairspray was the best show I had ever seen on a cruise. It was nice to see a play show with acting, opposed to just singing and dancing. They did a great job. Go to the bathroom before going in because the show is 90 minutes long with no intermission.

Evening 1 was also the first parade.

2008394580080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

2535588000080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

My night was capped off with an espresso martini in Boleros. Boleros was a great, upbeat night club. But I could not go in any further than the outermost bar because I found it to be very smoky. The bartenders were very entertaining and the drinks were very good....and generous!

2713987130080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

Just returned today from our cruise aboard the gorgeous Oasis. Thank you for your photos, makes me miss her already!! We also booked a JS cabin and had absolutely NO line from taxi drop-off to boarding. So thankful to have Richard Spacey as our CD. First time cruisers with Royal and also Richard. Nice to have some "R & R" time :)

So thankful to have Richard Spacey as our CD. First time cruisers with Royal and also Richard. Nice to have some "R & R" time :)

Thanks for mentioning Richard Spacey. He has got to be the funniest Cruise Director I have seen. I will get to him later in this review. I have a video from the 70's party I will share later on.

Whoever designed the Oasis photo area is a genius. I don't know what took them so long to think of this. On my Sea Pass, it said Photo#- 2-48. I had no clue what that meant until I saw the photo area called "Focus."

This goes back to the facial recognition thing. All of the photos taken of you are put in to an album. The albums are arranged numerically on pods. So, I had to find pod #2, album #48. You grab your album, and all your photos are right there in it. No more scanning thousands of pictures on a wall with shoulder-to-shoulder people trying to find yourself.

2532101800080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

2841947260080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

There was still a wall in the back for the occasional photos not picked up by the software.

It's getting kinda late, but I'll try to get most of Day 2 done.

Breakfast was room service on the balcony. It was nice to order room service the prior night on the tv. They still have the paper version you can hang on your door, but they are not necessary. It can all be done from your tv. It's still a limited menu though....eggs, sausage, bacon, fruits, pastries, cereal, and hot and cold drinks.

Day 2 was docked in Nassau. I've been to Nassau more times than I care to remember and it's one of my least favorite ports, so we took advantage of the Solarium.

2352947610080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

2938124800080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

2171694720080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

A word of caution about the Solarium pool.....notice those handrails. There is not much room to maneuver around them when in the water, especially when the jets are running in the middle section. I think they will eventually have to change the handrails because I saw several people run in to that part that curves under water. It does not hit you in a very good spot....if you know what I mean.

Thank you so much for posting this awesome picture review! Now I can even see the pictures ;-)

I'm really looking forward to going in a few weeks and will try not to eat lunch at WJ on embarkation day!

Can't wait for more of your great posts and might I add that you are one good photographer!

I love pictorial reviews, and yours is great! Keep it coming.

I am especially interested in your balcony view, so thank you for all of those pictures. We are booked on Allure next December in a D1 on deck 14 (14196 actually). I liked the proximity to the pool deck and Adventure Ocean (for my daughter), but was thinking of changing cabins once I realized there was a big overhang above the balcony. Was also worried about pool noise. If I switched, I think it would be to deck 6.

All in all, would you book a deck 14 cabin again? How long did you typically need to wait for elevators to get to lower decks, and then back up to your cabin?

All RCI ships are 16 and over in the Solariums. They made the signs very clear on this ship. There were always at least 2 deck patrol staff in the Solarium and the rules were enforced! Kudos to them because it made the Solarium very, very pleasant.

2701866680080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

For lunch, we tried Solarium Bistro....since it was right there. Solarium Bistro opened at 12:00.

2083025510080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

I found the food to be a little on the healthy side for me. I prefer something with a little more substance for lunch. DW loved it, but there was nothing in there to make me full. It was mostly salads, wraps, and some small meat cuts with weird spices.

A word about the Solarium.....Oasis has got the biggest horns I've ever seen. This is how they are seen looking up from in the Solarium:

2056187760080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

When those suckers blew, it scared the crap out of everyone in there.

All in all, would you book a deck 14 cabin again? How long did you typically need to wait for elevators to get to lower decks, and then back up to your cabin?

I had no problems with elevators, whatsoever, on this cruise. It seemed as though an elevator always showed up within 30 seconds of hitting the button. Most of the time, it was much quicker. Yes, there were times they were full, but I did not find that to be common.

Personally, I would stick with deck 14. The over hang is not very big, as you can see from my pictures. If you move down to deck 6, you will be directly over the lifeboats. Half of the boat sticks out from under the deck 6 balconies.

A friend of ours did the bag of beer deal. He paid $35 for this bag with 8 beers included. Every re-fill for the remainder of the cruise was $25. This is a great deal if you are a beer drinker. The bag even had a bottle opener. The beer choices were limited to Bud, Bud Light, Bud Lime, and Mich Ultra.

After the initial purchase, there is nothing on your account alerting the bartenders it was purchased on that cruise. You can take the bag on future cruises and remain paying only $25 for the refills.

The bartender did not know what ships had it to date. However, I do know Majesty had it on my August cruise.

2155252020080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

I had no problems with elevators, whatsoever, on this cruise. It seemed as though an elevator always showed up within 30 seconds of hitting the button. Most of the time, it was much quicker. Yes, there were times they were full, but I did not find that to be common.

Personally, I would stick with deck 14. The over hang is not very big, as you can see from my pictures. If you move down to deck 6, you will be directly over the lifeboats. Half of the boat sticks out from under the deck 6 balconies.

Thanks for the reply :) Someone posted that the because of the overhang, the views should be listed as obstructed, and that had me kind of worried! But you're right, I don't think it looks that bad - and it does give you some privacy from people looking down onto you, I guess.

We were just on a Carnival cruise and our cabin was on the same deck as the kid's club and the main pools, and it was so nice, since we made about four trips a day to the kid's club alone.

My DH just told me that it isn't deck 6 that we were considering, it is deck 7, for what thats worth.

Paul, love the reveiw so far....we are just 2 weeks out and starting to get excited.....keep up the excellent work....BTW.....It would be great to see a picture of you guys so we have a visual of the poster...up to you.

I am sure i will have more questions after you get done.....Again many thanks.....Another BTW....what were the dates you sailed?

Mike

I found the food to be a little on the healthy side for me. I prefer something with a little more substance for lunch. DW loved it, but there was nothing in there to make me full. It was mostly salads, wraps, and some small meat cuts with weird spices.

Paul, I am just laughing so much to "hear" you say that!

A word about the Solarium.....Oasis has got the biggest horns I've ever seen. This is how they are seen looking up from in the Solarium:

2056187760080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

When those suckers blew, it scared the crap out of everyone in there.

And THAT is hilarious!

Hi Paul

thanks for much for your wonderful report and fab photos!

We sail on Oasis next weekend (23rd Oct) and can't wait!!!

I am sure the bartender kneeling down behind the bar at Boleros is the same guy from the Independence last year and 08! Can't remember his name. Silly of me to mention it really.....but he looks very familiar! I did the Mojito clinic - hoping they do something similar!

I can't wait to get onboard now - packing today!

thanks again

Lisa

We were on the same cruise as Paul, getting off the ship yesterday (16th). We are new Diamond Plus members. They put us in with the Diamond members at embarkation. It went very fast. We were in a D3 cabin on the 11th deck. I have to say that the cabins seemed quite a bit smaller and much less storage. There were only 2 drawers in the cabin which were located in the desk. No drawers in the bedside table. Several shelves in the closet. On other ships there were shelves on each side of the mirror at the desk but on this ship there were not. But this didn't stop me from LOVING this ship. We booked the Allure for next October for a B2B - same cabin. Love the pictures, Paul. Will keep following. Just don't know how you did all this so soon after getting home.

Archived