no toiletries

:confused:does any one think that royal caribbean are just a little bit chintzy not supplying shampoo, hand lotion and the like in staterooms? admittedly we were in a balcony cabin, not a suite.

The shampoo is in the dispenser in the shower....I would like hand lotion, I don't leave home without it....but no biggie....Most people (women especially), like their own brand of shampoo and conditioner...

:confused:does any one think that royal caribbean are just a little bit chintzy not supplying shampoo, hand lotion and the like in staterooms? admittedly we were in a balcony cabin, not a suite.

Do you mean the little bottles like hotels give you? The hotels that charge you $100/night for the room? Instead of $100 or less per night for the room, all meals, all entertainment and transportation? (Ok, I'll give you the $100 is pp on the cruise but still I'm just saying what did you pay for your cruise?) If those things are important to you then you have the choice of booking a suite. But I'd much rather have low prices and bring my own shampoo if I'm picky or use the dispenser in the shower if not. They do give you bar soap! And my wife would never use that overly scented hand lotion in the little bottles but would pack her own so that's no loss IMHO.

So, no I don't think that is being chintzy not to give you that stuff free. I think taking away my free photo coupon and free Johnny Rockets coupons was chintzy! But let's not get into all of that again, right?

I like my own favorites. No, doesn't bother me at all.

I used to collect those little bottles and soaps from hotels we stayed in. I ended up donating 2 large boxes to a shelter last year. Now I don't bother taking them.

I don't think that they are being 'chintzy'

I would probably use the stuff they supplied (if they supplied it) but I am not really picky about that kind of stuff.... My wife on the other hand has specific brands that she uses, and would only use their stuff if she was really in a jam. So I think it would simply be millions of wasted dollars every month.

They do supply shampoo and soap. It is all in your shower. ;)

When in the Islands one's hair dries out faster, so I really prefer to bring my own stuff with extra conditioner, etc.

See, I'm with OP. I do think it's a bit cheap to not provide a shampoo, conditioner, lotion and soap (bar or liquid) in each room. Even your budget motels provide these.

Besides, if one is flying, every saved ounce/square inch is needed for clothes.

Since I haven't sailed Royal Caribbean in awhile I'm glad I came across this post. I'm so used to other cruise lines providing q-tips, razors, toothpaste, body lotion, shampoo and conditioner and you didn't have to be platinum and up members. It does cut down on the weight for luggage when you have to fly.

Thanks for the info.

Seriously, how much space can travel size (3 or 4 oz.) toiletries take up:confused: They just go into the toiletry bag I pack no matter if we're going for 2 nights or 9 nights+. They do provide shampoo and body wash (if you want to use it be my guest). My skin/hair is kind of picky about stuff, so would rather pack it with me than spend the trip itching with frizzy hair:rolleyes: I would imagine any lotion they would provide would have the moisturizing capabilities of dollar store lotion;)

Just off the Oasis, shampoo is in the shower dispenser and they'll give you plenty of bar soap. I did miss not having lotion but I bring that and also bring conditioner.

If you use hair conditioner and skin lotion- bring some. If that's all they cut back on, I can sure live with that.

Just off the Oasis, shampoo is in the shower dispenser and they'll give you plenty of bar soap. I did miss not having lotion but I bring that and also bring conditioner.

If you use hair conditioner and skin lotion- bring some. If that's all they cut back on, I can sure live with that.

They didn't cut back on anything, at least not recently. If RCI has ever provided separate lotion, conditioner, etc. for non-suite cabins, it's been years.

Do they give you conditioner as well as shampoo and body wash in the dispenser? How about the junior suites? Dispenser stuff as well? Until they allow bigger carry-on liquids, this makes a difference for those who fly to the ports.

Bring TWO hotel-size bottles of what you need. Still small. They will still fit in the 3-1-1 bag easily.

Bring TWO hotel-size bottles of what you need. Still small. They will still fit in the 3-1-1 bag easily.

Well, with the two prescription nasal sprays, and all the other liquids I bring, my 3-1-1 bag is at its limit. So, I'm gathering from the other responses that no, there is no conditioner in the dispensers, and the junior suites don't get bottled toiletries? Do the full suites?

Archived