New Steakhouse Promo : Free Bottle Wine first night dinner

sharecruises

I didn't see this posted before..sounds sweet :)

from John Heald and his Blog>>>

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2010/10/12/boo-2/

Oh, just wanted you to know about a new promotion for those ships with our fabulous Steakhouses. Those who reserve a table to eat on the first night of the cruise will receive a free bottle of wine with dinner. We tried it here and on the Carnival Spirit this cruise and it was a big success.

RCL just started a new promo, if you are diamond plus (25 cruises), you get 2 for 1 the first night if you book the steak house or the other one. Only good for the first night.

Buy 1 get 1 free. Even better, but Id take the bottle of wine too, awesome.

We would definitely take advantage of this promo. The only thing I would be missing in the MDR on the 1st night would be the BBQ ribs.

Sounds like a good promo.

BTW, if you are a BBQ lover... you are not missing anything if you skipp the ribs in the MDR. ;)

yellow-asterisk-key_~CB043699.jpg

I had not noticed that offer mentioned in John's blog, so thanks for sharing. :) . I considered booking a third evening in Chef's Art for my Carnival Dream sailing next month, and taking advantage of this new perk. Then I started thinking even more, and decided that there simply must be an asterisk to the deal, and I can easily guess what it might be.

If it happened to be the same CCL marketing restriction placed on other offers, that would make me want to go ballistic, and I'm not chancing that on a first day that tends to set the mood for an entire cruise. I also have way too much respect for the supper club/steakhouse staff to fault them for something they can't control.

So it'll be me enjoying some delicious lasagna (or perhaps the ribs) in the MDR that first evening. :)

I tried to make a reservation and this is the reply I received:

Thank you for choosing The Point Steakhouse for your dining.

At this moment, we are unable to confirm your reservation for 2 guests at 6.00pm on Mart 20th, as this is embarkation day.

You may contact the Steakhouse once you've boarded the ship to verify the status of your dining request. We are located on deck 10 Midship or you may call us at extension # 1078.

If you wish to reschedule your reservation, please inform us of the best day and time at cqsteakhouse@carnival.com .

Hmmmm:rolleyes:

We like to eat in the DR the first night to meet our tablemates or if necessary arrange for different table for the second night.

Free bottle of wine not enough to go to steakhouse the first night.

I was thinking the same thing - I always like to book for the 2nd at sea day (don't like to miss Captain's dinner and Elegant night) best MDR food is offered these evenings.

I was thinking the same thing - I always like to book for the 2nd at sea day (don't like to miss Captain's dinner and Elegant night) best MDR food is offered these evenings.

I think thats why the deal is only for the first night. Its the night that isnt booking up. Carnival isnt copying RCL's idea for no reason.

PS and yes, I think Carnival watches what other cruiselines do, and some beard says hey, that could work for us. Like Carnival copying the idea of charging for steak in the regular MDR.

We love the Steakhouse and always go at least once a cruise. Embarkation day would not be the night I'd choose, I like it to be a relaxing affair and on that first night we are usually just looking to settle in and not have anything planned. A bottle of wine would not change our mind, although it's a great idea.

We love the Steakhouse and always go at least once a cruise. Embarkation day would not be the night I'd choose, I like it to be a relaxing affair and on that first night we are usually just looking to settle in and not have anything planned. A bottle of wine would not change our mind, although it's a great idea.

I think most people feel the same way and the steakhouses are probably pretty empty on the first night. I suppose we like going to see ship entertainment/main show on the first night and that's not easy to do with a long evening at the steakhouse. Could be a good reason to run a promotion.

I think thats why the deal is only for the first night. Its the night that isnt booking up. Carnival isnt copying RCL's idea for no reason.

PS and yes, I think Carnival watches what other cruiselines do, and some beard says hey, that could work for us. Like Carnival copying the idea of charging for steak in the regular MDR.

Poor John cannot criticize RCCL for charging for steak in the DR anymore.

Poor John cannot criticize RCCL for charging for steak in the DR anymore.

Of course they do, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. They should look at what their competition is doing and adapt what would work for their business model. Any business should do this with their competition. It's just smart business. It's part of my job responsibilities to check out the competition.

Archived