WHEN is the airfare going down

Sass4

334$ Jetblue non-stop from JFK i guess we didnt do so bad

I'm in NY, we just booked our cruise this morning. The flight costs are going to make me weep. Closer to $400. My mom can stay longer than me after the cruise, so she can get it for $274, but I want to do the "in and out" thing, well, I don't want to, but I don't want to use up all my vacay days!

• 2 weeks later...

There is no rule for airfare...

Keep your eye on prices... check multiple websites. Sometimes you get a good price booking directly with the airline- other times websites like travelocity or expedia are good bc they can ticket you on two seperate airlines and will pull the cheapest fares.

IE

If you book through Delta directly- you will only get cheapest delta flight on X departure day and cheapest on X return day.

Travelocity/Expedia etc will pull---- cheapest possible way (on any airline) to get you from point A to B... and it might be X airline southbound and Y airline on your return.

DO NOT WAIT HOPING FOR X PRICE YOU SAW 2 WEEKS AGO... when you see a price your comfortable with BOOK IT! Don't wait... you never know what tomorrow brings.

I have seen people having to fork over $1000+ a person just because they "held out" for a good deal....

Oh and airfare DOES NOT get cheaper closer to travel.... why? Because it turns into NON DISCRETIONARY TRAVEL which means... Bob is online needing to book an airfare to get him to San Juan for a few days bc he desperately needs to see his sick friend...

(and yes I work in the industry... ) I am cruising out of SJU in May--- I booked airfare over the weekend... its was $541 per person CAD incl taxes roundtrip. We have 1 connections on the way down and I'm happy with flight times.

We paid $273 roundtrip (Chicago to SJ) per person in '08 booking about 60 days out. Currently the same flights are $524 per person. We still have a lot of time, and I'm hoping the Southwest/Airtran merger will serve to drive prices down. I'd be happy with $350 per person...

I bought our tickets for July back in January and it was $205 through AA including all taxes and fees. I have been rechecking recently and the prices have doubled since; probably due to the price of gas going up. Good thing I booked early. Though we still have to drive to Miami (3.5hr drive), the savings for 3 people is worth it.

Hey ,if you hadn't bought them yet.check spirit ,we couldn't find anything out of NC ,less than 800 apiece,so we drove to FLL and ended up paying 350 total round trip for both,saved over 1300 bucks, but long drive.

Hey ,if you hadn't bought them yet.check spirit ,we couldn't find anything out of NC ,less than 800 apiece,so we drove to FLL and ended up paying 350 total round trip for both,saved over 1300 bucks, but long drive.

It depends on the time of the year. I just checked for July and they are $414pp roundtrip out of Ft. Lauderdale.

I don't expect it to go down any time soon. It killed me to have to pay over $150 more person this year.

How can it go down with the price of fuel? Or is that sarcasm because you paid a lot and you figured the minute you did the price would go down?:cool::cool::cool:

Archived