Diamond member activities to be curtailed

JIMDSB2

I guess that's where we are different We cruise to cruise to meet people and see new places. We really don't pay much attention to the "perks" so to speak. If we get something fine........if not......oh well. I would like to see them discount the fares like they used to.

Have yet to be on a ship where this so called luncheon is being held for P/D/D+ guest. They used to have a P/D/D+ brunch but that was stopped in2008 due to health reasons.

Patti, the Mariner used to have a special luncheon for P/D/D+ that we attended several times.

On our last cruise on the Mariner of 9/26/10, we ate with the Hotel Director, and we were told that this would be the last lunch of this type served.

The last lunch before that.....as far as I can remember, was on the Jewel of the Seas in '07, where Nebu hosted a lunch for those staying on from the TA to the Baltics cruise.

I'm trying to remember what was the talk on the Mariner, of what was, if anything to replace the luncheon.

Barb was at our table, and she has confirmed that the luncheon has been done away with.

Royal Caribbean will continue with their loyalty program, but my bess guess is that changes will continue to be made as the numbers of P/D and D+ grow.

I was told by the captain at our last get together that there were now over 6.5 million C & A. members. That is quite impressive!

Rick

Really Joe, more assumptions from ya??? I have cruised on 4 other lines since my first cruise in 1989. In the last 8 years I have tried to stay with RCI...in part for the perks and benefits and because I enjoy RCI's product and I have come to be familiar with it. Yes RCI"s loyalty perks have kept my attention. The work loyality says it all. I believe RCI wants it that way...why else would they have a reward program? I am sure glad you are not running RCI............You have it perfectly wrong.

I'm glad that you stayed with RCI for the benefits. IMHO the only worth of the C+A program is the discount. All the other things don't add up to a bucket of warm spit. Drinking cheap wine and liqueur is not for me. Special lunch is the same food in a snobby atmosphere. In history we see that the island of Manhatten was purchased for a bucket of beads. Each felt that they were getting the better of the bargain. Who's to say. Like I said if you are happy...good for you. As far as running RCI....I guess I could not run the stock into the ground any faster so they are doing that quite well on their own. Much like the Dutch and the Natives...it all depends on your perspective.;)Many happy cruises to you and yours.

As far as running RCI....I guess I could not run the stock into the ground any faster so they are doing that quite well on their own. Much like the Dutch and the Natives...it all depends on your perspective.;)Many happy cruises to you and yours.

The last ones to run the company should be anyone who sails for perks!! Holy crap-talk about crash and burn!!!:p;)

Nope-not one of us should be behind the wheel!!!:D

Really Joe, more assumptions from ya??? I have cruised on 4 other lines since my first cruise in 1989. In the last 8 years I have tried to stay with RCI...in part for the perks and benefits and because I enjoy RCI's product and I have come to be familiar with it. Yes RCI"s loyalty perks have kept my attention. The work loyality says it all. I believe RCI wants it that way...why else would they have a reward program? I am sure glad you are not running RCI............You have it perfectly wrong.

I've been cruising since 1987 and have seen some big changes in cruising. I, too have cruised on several lines and have found that for:

1) service - RCI has some of the best-trained and professional crews out there.

2) value - RCI's pricing is very competitive. Another line might have a lower price for a balcony cabin on a similar itinerary, but when you look at it, it's obstructed and to get a view, the cabin price is higher than RCI.

3) entertainment - The ice shows, production shows and generally the quality of the nightly entertainment is heads above other lines we have sailed.

4) decor of the ships - I have to say that in it's price range, RCI ships simply outclass the others. They strive for "elegance." Seriously, "garish" decor is a turn off for me. I don't care how good the food might be, I become nauseated in purple dining rooms.

5) dining experience - here's one reason I love RCI. Their dining room staff are so well-trained and intent on making my experience pleasant. In all the RCI cruises I have taken (a lot but I won't number them) I have had one not up to standards waiter and one barely up to standards assistant waiter, but the vast majority have been excellent. I like to feel appreciated and pampered. It's part of why I cruise. I will never set foot on a cruise line that does not offer a MDR experience. One cruise with "freestyle' only dining was enough to sour me forever.

6) loyalty-program - The perks come and go, but it's nice to be rewarded for loyalty. I could live without the bathrobes and free wine. I only care about a few of the coupons, and I am spoiled with priority boarding.

If they did away with everything except the balcony discount, I wouldn't be too upset. If the little perks are offered, I'll certainly take them, but the balcony discount is the "real" loyalty reward. That's money in my pocket!

I've been cruising since 1987 and have seen some big changes in cruising.

Not to veer off-topic, KelliePoodle, but I see from your countdown clocks that you are booked on our April 2012 Century to Hawaii (Aloha) cruise. We've already got a fairly active roll-call going -- c'mon over: :D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1211400&page=9

Not to veer off-topic, KelliePoodle, but I see from your countdown clocks that you are booked on our April 2012 Century to Hawaii (Aloha) cruise. We've already got a fairly active roll-call going -- c'mon over: :D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1211400&page=9

I will. Actually not booked yet as I am going it through the Loyalty Ambassador on Voyager in January. Yeah, it's about the perks :o, so sue me.

Just off Monarch and they had a special breakfast for diamond and diamond plus. In July they had it in Jade and this time in dining room. A very special buffet with mimosa. We really enjoyed it.

We attended this (don't recall which day) in the MDR Labor Day week. It was a hit. Service was by MDR staff and senior officers (Hotel Director and Food and Beverage Director). Looking forward to it next month!:D

I will. Actually not booked yet as I am going it through the Loyalty Ambassador on Voyager in January. Yeah, it's about the perks :o, so sue me.

That's OK -- come on over and "set a spell" anyway. This cruise is SOO far off, who knows if any of us will be around to even see it?! ;)

And, as an "almost" D+ on RC and an Elite on X, I totally agree -- It IS all about the perks! :p

Archived