Country Night on Ruby?

d34567

I have seen in a few places that there is a Country Night on Ruby, with dancing. Can anyone confirm this for me, and could anyone tell me what is involved? I am inclined to bring my boots with me, but the prospect of taking them on 5 different flights with me and then NOT having line dancing on the ship would bring down my spirits.

Most Princess ships have an evening where for a couple of hours a venue is decorated for country music and that is what is played there at that time.

I would not bring boots for that occasion by itself. It is mostly the cruise staff that will be in outfits that match the occasion.

There are also usually line dance classes on board many of the Princess ships.

Most Princess ships have an evening where for a couple of hours a venue is decorated for country music and that is what is played there at that time.

I would not bring boots for that occasion by itself. It is mostly the cruise staff that will be in outfits that match the occasion.

There are also usually line dance classes on board many of the Princess ships.

Was in Club Fusion on the Ruby last October.....

Bob

I have seen in a few places that there is a Country Night on Ruby, with dancing. Can anyone confirm this for me, and could anyone tell me what is involved? I am inclined to bring my boots with me, but the prospect of taking them on 5 different flights with me and then NOT having line dancing on the ship would bring down my spirits.
The country night has been an event in Explorer's Lounge. Just don't expect them to play something that lets you do a decent Texas Two Step.

Cotten Eyed Joe is a possibility, as well as a few line dances. A lot of the time is taken by some good natured contests.

Yes they do and lots of people dress the part. ;)

On our Ruby sailing (10/08), I saw some staff in cowboy attire and one passenger dressed up.

I wouldn't lug boots along, unless you just like to wear them and they go with your formal attire! ;)

I always attend Country night and have had some cruises where it was well attended and lots of people in "country attire" and some cruises where no one was dressed the part except the cruise staff. I don't dress the part as I don't line dance in my every day life ( so don't have anything) but do enjoy taking the classes during the day and attending the country night.

On our Ruby sailing (10/08), I saw some staff in cowboy attire and one passenger dressed up.

I wouldn't lug boots along, unless you just like to wear them and they go with your formal attire

!Yes I agee. And, I LOVE ORMOND BEACH! Such as it is on any given cruise, It's maybe a western thing, or not! I too agree that at the cost of flying, its a cost issue. We on the other hand have done MUCH garb for a halloween cruise as BIKERS, which, we are, and it was totally worth it, so everything is subjective! Have fun with it, you paid for it, and Happy Cruising, It is always, what you make of it.

I wouldn't lug boots along, unless you just like to wear them and they go with your formal attire

!Yes I agee. And, I LOVE ORMOND BEACH! Such as it is on any given cruise, It's maybe a western thing, or not! I too agree that at the cost of flying, its a cost issue. We on the other hand have done MUCH garb for a halloween cruise as BIKERS, which, we are, and it was totally worth it, so everything is subjective! Have fun with it, you paid for it, and Happy Cruising, It is always, what you make of it.

Ormond Beach IS great! Have you been down here for Bike Week or Biketoberfest? It's a BLAST!

I always attend Country night and have had some cruises where it was well attended and lots of people in "country attire" and some cruises where no one was dressed the part except the cruise staff. I don't dress the part as I don't line dance in my every day life ( so don't have anything) but do enjoy taking the classes during the day and attending the country night.

I don't know if I'm interpreting this right, but it sounds like you are saying that there are lessons earlier in the day and then the "event" at night. Does this mean that a few dances that they will play that night will be taught? That would make the event a lot more fun, and might let me pull in more of the girls to do this.

I've sort of built my non-ship part of my packing list around the boots, so it looks like they are coming. They actually do work with one of my dresses, so I guess I'll wear that outfit that night.

Thanks for all of the help!

I don't know if I'm interpreting this right, but it sounds like you are saying that there are lessons earlier in the day and then the "event" at night. Does this mean that a few dances that they will play that night will be taught?

Lessons may not be on the same day as the event.

Line dance lessons are usually held on multiple days. Ditto ballroom dance lessons.

Maybe it has changed since I attended one of these, but I found it pretty disappointing. Granted, it was a few years ago and given the grumblings from the passengers, they may have improved it since then. At the time, they made the mistake of having only one country night on a sailing out of Galveston. All us Texans showed up looking for some decent line dancing and 2 stepping, but got an episode of Hee-Haw instead.

The cruise staff showed up in the most outlandish western getups complete with cap guns which they shot in the air and at eachother. It was supposed to be a 45 minute event, but after 35 minutes of them teaching a few line dances (wrongly, I might add) they finally opened it up to the passengers to dance for 10 minutes. I know there were some very upset passengers on that trip. Not only was there hardly any dancing, but the entire event was basically a "look how silly this stuff is!" joke performed by the staff. I wouldn't mind that so much on a trip out of anywhere else, but on a trip out of Texas with a large group of Texans on board was just dumb.

Anyway, if they have another, I'll probably go check it out, but I'm definately not packing boots for it this time.

</whiney rant> :D

Archived