Need help deciding on a Spring Break cruise!

Dpeeps

We just got back from a really fun time on the Majesty with a group of friends.....left the kids at home ....an anniversary getaway.....but now we are wanting to plan a spring break cruise for the family. Some friends we went with are going too....here are the dilemas....first....we have only cruised Royal Caribbean before...am willing to try another??? Just not sure about other ships and which to choose?? The friends really loved cococay (we do too) and wouldnt mind going back there??? We are really wanting to drive instead of flying ...which kind of rules out ft lauderdale and miami for us. So here is what I have narrowed it to.....The Monarch of the Seas(RCCL) out of Port Canaveral (nassau and cococay)4 days, Fascination(carnival) out of Jacksonville (key west, nassau) 5 days, Triumph(carnival) out of New Orleans (progresso yucatan, cozumel) 5days, or Sensation(carnival) out of Port Canaveral (freeport and nassau) 4 days. We have been on the Navigator and Enchantment before for spring break and thought we would try something different. I would love to hear anyones opinions about these ships!! :) Thanks!!

We took our DD and some of our grandkids on a spring break cruise in March on Triumph out of New Orleans. It was a wonderful trip for all of us and we are thinking about doing it again. The kids made lots of friends--some of whom they continue to stay in touch with. We enjoyed the time with our DD as well. If you have extra time before or after the cruise to spend in NOLA, there is lots to see and do there. After our cruise, we went to the french quarter and walked thru the market and stopped at Cafe DeMonde...first time we've been there in a long long time. Most things in the french quarter never seem to change.

Here's hoping you have a great cruise. Bon Voyage!

Thanx for your replies...I checked out the Explorer cruise and the Baltimore ones...they don't seem to work with our dates that the kids have spring break. I agree...it would be nicer to drive there than to the south for us being from Ohio....but on the other hand ...my sis cruised out of NY a couple years ago in March for spring break and didnt like it because it being cold the first and last day ....she said they could not use the pool the entire first day and a good part of the last???? Too cold....not good for us sun seekers!! :) since that is what the kids are looking for on spring break...is some warm weather!!! being from ohio! :p The cruise out of New Orleans is sounding pretty good....has anyone been to Progresso Yucatan?? We have never been there?? Our friends who planning on going with us are just nervous about going to mexico??? We have all been there before...to cozumel...about 3 years ago....but they are saying with everything that is in the news these days ...they are just kinda nervous??? Any thoughts??

Its been awhile since I've been there but here are reveiws from another website. If I remember correctly a group we were with took the bus to Merida and spent the day at the beach and had a great time. That might be something your teenagers might enjoy. I think I remember something about all the water toys, banana boats, etc. (whatever that is)

http://www.caribbeanportreviews.com/Progresso.htm

Its been awhile since I've been there but here are reveiws from another website. If I remember correctly a group we were with took the bus to Merida and spent the day at the beach and had a great time. That might be something your teenagers might enjoy. I think I remember something about all the water toys, banana boats, etc. (whatever that is)

http://www.caribbeanportreviews.com/Progresso.htm

Well, I don't think they "took the bus to Merida and spent the day at the beach" because Merida is in the middle of the Yucatan about half way between Progresso and Cancun/Cozumel area - no where near the water. :eek: Merida is the old colonial city and very interesting. Progresso is pretty much a dump....but I think it is a safe dump! :D

I just don't want everyone that is going with us to be dissapointed if we choose to go to the mexican ports instead of nassau and cococay. Plus....all of us have only cruised Royal Caribbean! Just a little nervous about trying Carnival! I do kno one thing....I have 2 boys who really enjoy the basketball court and i don't believe that the Carnival ship has a basketball court???? Do you kno if this is correct?? Wat to do??? :confused:

Archived