Anyone Booked Hotel Jazz Recently for Sep 2011 ??

I would like to book the Hotel Jazz for Sept 9,2011 and was wondering if anyone else is doing the same and what kind of rates you are looking at. Back in August I was quoted 216 E a nite from the hotel and in early Oct I was able to get it for 157 E a nite.

Are these prices too high or am I looking too soon to book ? A friend just got back from this Sept and paid only 113 E a night. That's why I am a little frazzled.

Good point. Do you deal directly with the Hotel Jazz or with nnhotel.com ?

I remember when I initially got a quote from the Jazz and complained about the price they referred me to this www.nnhotel.com.

If you booked it with some other travel company other than the hotel itself, would you still be able to cancel or do the other companies cancellation policies come into effect ?

Even if you book now, you should check the Hotel Jazz website often to check the price. If the price has gone down you can book another reservation and cancel the higher one without a penalty.

Cancellation policies differ for each 3rd party site. You need to read the rules carefully. For example, Venere.com which is a site used a lot in Europe, is one where you don't pay until you are AT the hotel and you can cancel with no penalty usually.

A site like Expedia or Orbits has their own rules and you pay up front. nnhotels is the chain that owns the Jazz so you are booking with the Jazz directly if you use them. It is like booking with Sheraton chain for one of their properties.

I'd just book with nnhotels and then keep watch for prices.

It is really early to book a hotel for Sept. I'd wait until the first of the year to book. There are conventions in the city and holidays so depending on your dates Sept might be pricier than other months.

I agree with baggal--book the room and with the hotel. I was there last Oct. and paid 92 euro. Watch the price and when, and if, it goes down cancel and rebook. When booking with the hotel you can cancel without charge up to 24 hours before arriving, at least I could last year, and you can keep looking at other places. You may have chosen a holiday or special event so the prices may not come down but the other places will not either. We loved the Jazz and will stay there the next time we go to Barcelona. You are a little early but if you book you will have a room.

Book a refundable now and keep watching. Stayed in Jazz May 2010 and prices didn't begin to fall until January 2010. I paid just under 120 euro. I'll admit that once I booked I stopped checking prices as much so it may have gone down further but I was happy with that price. In Barcelona there are so many hotels that if you are unhappy with the price as it gets closer, you can always cancel if you find something cheaper elsewhere as stated above. Loved Jazz by the way!

I remember when I initially got a quote from the Jazz and complained about the price they referred me to this www.nnhotel.com.

If you booked it with some other travel company other than the hotel itself, would you still be able to cancel or do the other companies cancellation policies come into effect ?

We booked in late February for pre and post cruise late June/early July 2010. I think we started at 130 Euro and it came down to 112 Euro about two months out. We used the nnhotel website and even though you had to make a new booking and cancel the old its worth it.

My husband check the prices until the day we leave!

Just wanted to note that the correct link is actually:

http://www.nnhotels.com/

(with the "s").

Thanks!

:)

We just got home from staying at the Jazz hotel in Oct. I booked the room last Jan. and paid 102 E for the 3 nights pre-cruise and then post cruise I paid 116 Euros for two nights. That was without breakfast. This is a great hotel in a great location. It is a business class hotel and everything is very clean and modern. Location is fantastic. about 1.5 blocks from The Ramblas. We stayed there two years ago and had a great experience--so of course we came back.

Price for May 2011 for 1 night stay is 165 Euro.I booked a few months ago, and prices have not budged. I am thinking of maybe changing to a less expensive hotel.

Why change, just add another. It doesn't cost to cancel if you have it with the hotel and this way you could have several options going. Be sure the others have a 24 or 48 hour cancellation w/o cost. Hotel Jazz has better rates for advance bookings so maybe it would be better to use that when getting closer. Happy cruising

Hi all , have a question re: the nnhotel website. I had booked hotel jazz through booking.com but now see a better rate on the nnhotel website. I know I can cancel anytime with booking.com and rebook with nnhotel, but was wondering : with the nnhotel booking is it charged immediately to my credit card or after our stay at hotel which is May 2011? Thanks.

Hi all , have a question re: the nnhotel website. I had booked hotel jazz through booking.com but now see a better rate on the nnhotel website. I know I can cancel anytime with booking.com and rebook with nnhotel, but was wondering : with the nnhotel booking is it charged immediately to my credit card or after our stay at hotel which is May 2011? Thanks.

Its like any other hotel. They run your credit card when you arrive - not when you reserve.

When and if the price drops how do you cancel and rebook to ensure you still have the same room ? I am a bit concerned that if you cancel and try to rebook you may not have a room. Was thinking maybe to book another reservation in wife's name at lower price and then cancel mine at higher price. Just interested in how to do this without losing room.

Archived