Do any rooms on the Majesty of the Seas sleep 3 adults and 1 child?

Already booked the Majesty of the Seas over Springbreak in March for myself and my 14 yr old son....Well, now my older College aged son wants to come with a friend. We are booked in an inside room as we're doing this one on a budget and it's only 4 nights. My son and his buddy are only 20 yrs old so I don't think I can book them their own cabin due to the age restriction. I guess my only other option would be a book a room that sleeps 4 but I did a search on Royal Carribean's website and nothing but the Grand Suite comes up as available. All the other categories say "not available online, call for availability" Does anyone have any suggestions for us? Not sure what to do here....the college boys really want to go and they are good kids...

Already booked the Majesty of the Seas over Springbreak in March for myself and my 14 yr old son....Well' date=' now my older College aged son wants to come with a friend. We are booked in an inside room as we're doing this one on a budget and it's only 4 nights. My son and his buddy are only 20 yrs old so I don't think I can book them their own cabin due to the age restriction. I guess my only other option would be a book a room that sleeps 4 but I did a search on Royal Carribean's website and nothing but the Grand Suite comes up as available. All the other categories say "not available online, call for availability" Does anyone have any suggestions for us? Not sure what to do here....the college boys really want to go and they are good kids...[/quote']

You can book then their own room as long as it is next to or across from yours

You can book then their own room as long as it is next to or across from yours

That would be great! I will call my TA and see about getting that done, I just worried they wouldn't book the room without at least one of them being over 21, even though one of the boys is my son. Thanks!

You can get rooms with 4 beds...but on Majesty, it will be WAAAAY too tight...even for 4 nights, IMO!

The 2 cabin thing is the best option. They may make you book it with an adult in each room with 1 kid, but once you check-in, you can easily change who will be in which room....it's done ALL the time!

You can get rooms with 4 beds...but on Majesty, it will be WAAAAY too tight...even for 4 nights, IMO!

The 2 cabin thing is the best option. They may make you book it with an adult in each room with 1 kid, but once you check-in, you can easily change who will be in which room....it's done ALL the time!

My problem is that I am the only one going who is over 21. I am taking my 14 and 20 yr old son's and 1 of my older son's friends who is also only 20. I guess I can just call RCCL and see what they suggest. Just hoping someone out there has had this same issue and could let me know what worked for them. Thanks for the suggestions!

I was on the majesty last summer with my kids and had 2 of them in a room next to mine. They were 14 and 16 at the time. As long as they are next door or accross from you it is fine. Four in one room is do-able but VERY crowded and it wouldn't be much difference in price to book them a seperate room.

I was on the majesty last summer with my kids and had 2 of them in a room next to mine. They were 14 and 16 at the time. As long as they are next door or accross from you it is fine. Four in one room is do-able but VERY crowded and it wouldn't be much difference in price to book them a seperate room.

Thank you very much, I sure appreciate that feedback. Did you like the Majesty of the Seas? I have been on The Mariner and will be on the Navigator in 15 days. I know the Majesty is much smaller but it's only 5 days...

Keri, I will me on the Majesty again in a couple of weeks. I absolutely love the Majesty, but if you notice my signature, I do not have anything to compare her to lol. My very first cruise was on the Majesty in 2005 and being a single mom with 3 kids, the price was right :). I loved the cruise so much, I made sure to start saving money up for the following year. In 2006, I was tossed....do I try another Itinerary or do I go back to the Majesty (I met so many nice people and had so much fun) I again chose the Majesty...on the day of embarkment, there was a tropical storm in the Bahamas, so we re-routed to Cozumel! So it was a win/win for me...new port and still on the Majesty! LOLOL I booked two more cruises on her since. I know she is smaller compared to the other ships, but I was the only adult in our little group and found it easier to make friends on this "little" ship :)

Sorry I wrote a book here..lol ..I get excited talking about cruising I tend to ramble! :o

Keri, I will me on the Majesty again in a couple of weeks. I absolutely love the Majesty, but if you notice my signature, I do not have anything to compare her to lol. My very first cruise was on the Majesty in 2005 and being a single mom with 3 kids, the price was right :). I loved the cruise so much, I made sure to start saving money up for the following year. In 2006, I was tossed....do I try another Itinerary or do I go back to the Majesty (I met so many nice people and had so much fun) I again chose the Majesty...on the day of embarkment, there was a tropical storm in the Bahamas, so we re-routed to Cozumel! So it was a win/win for me...new port and still on the Majesty! LOLOL I booked two more cruises on her since. I know she is smaller compared to the other ships, but I was the only adult in our little group and found it easier to make friends on this "little" ship :)

Sorry I wrote a book here..lol ..I get excited talking about cruising I tend to ramble! :o

So I called my online TA yesterday and asked to add a room to my reservation for my 20 yr old son and his friend who is also 20 and my TA said it's not allowed. He advised me that 1 person in each reserved room has to be over the age of 21. So now I can't book my son and his friend and everyone is super upset about this. Don't know what to do. I am a single Mom and have been that way for 8 yrs and I don't have a "spare" adult over the age of 21 laying around to use to book this room. I need suggestions....Help please.

Keri, I made my reservation right through Royal Caribbean. I had no problem with this at all. In fact, in 2 weeks I am booked in a cabin with my cousin, and my son has is own room right next door to me again. I got a good price on a room for a single and they had no problem putting him in the next room. He will be 16 at the time of sailing. His name is the only name on the room, my room lists my cousin and I.

It IS possible. I'm cruising in June with my daughter and 2 granddaughters aged 3 and 4. We've booked a JS and Inside. My daughter and I want the credit for the JS so we are booked in the JS and both girls in the inside. RCCL booked it with the interior directly across from the JS. Of course, we won't sleep that way. Maybe there weren't any other cabins next to or across from your cabin. I would ask the TA to check with RCCL.

Call RCL for clarification. I know on Carnival you can only book kids who you are their guardian in another cabin. If they are not yours then that child only has to be booked in your cabin. your two could be booked next door.

The TA isnt giving you the rule as it is written to just say no it cant be done. Id want to know what exactly the rule says for RCL.

Your TA is wrong. It IS allowed on Royal Caribbean. As long as the 2 cabins are adjacent or across from each other. I know other lines, such as DCL, do not allow it, but RCI does. I'd call RCI directly.

The problem with this is that I already booked the 1 room a couple of months back with this online TA and now I am looking to add another room. I guess I could cancel the room I have with the TA, get my money back and book directly with RCCL...

Why not just book the second room (only) directly with RCCL and leave your original booking with the TA? If you have your booking number, RCCL will be able to see that you're booked (and that you're not just trying to book underage passengers on their own).

Or, ask your TA to do a three-way conference call with RCCL. If the RCCL customer service rep still says no, ask for a supervisor or for the Resolutions department. Since booking a second room will mean more commissions for your TA, I don't see why they wouldn't be willing to do this for you.

We did this on the Majesty not too long ago! My husband and I had one cabin. My sister was in a single and had a connecting cabin with her 17 year old son and his 18 year old friend. They gave us no problems what-so-ever.

I know they have connecting cabins.. wonder if they are all booked up and they are refusing to do it without it being "connecting". We have also sailed on the Majesty with our daughters and they were "next door" but not connecting. They were 13 and 11. That time we DID have to book one adult in each cabin then switched it when we checked in.

Wonder if it is a "spring break" kind of thing? When we sailed with the boys it was not spring break ...

Call RCCL direct. Don't mention your other reservation AT ALL. Then see if they can book it as if you were doing it from scratch. If so, put a courtesy hold on it and either cancel with your agent or call her to get it fixed. RCCL will not help you with an existing reservation if made by a TA.

I too have booked my kids in a separate cabin from DH & I. Of course, they have been directly across the hall and it was booked with RCI (last cruise they were 14 & 19), not a TA. If all else fails, we have done 4 in a cabin on Majesty. It is VERY tight, but do-able. Especially since you have kids they will probably be out and about on the ship so less fuss in the cabin.

Put a hold on some cabins on line or on the phone with RCI, then have the TA take over the reservation if you want to stick with them. Before you cancel anything with the TA make sure you check to see if they have any cancellation fees. As of right now, RCI does not but many TAs do.

Good luck, you can get it to work out, may just take a little effort.

Just got a call from my online TA and he is willing to do the reservation for the 2nd room as long it's across the hall. He then advised that the rules allow each child of mine to bring 1 friend. In our case this means my older son can bring 2 friends and we would just acknowledge one of his friends as my younger son's friend....confusing? So if you bring 2 of your own children, they can each bring a friend and I will be permitted to book a 2nd room with kids under the age of 21 if the room is directly across from or next to my room. Problem solved....I think.

Archived