You're Fired !!!

Yes We Can

F.Y.I. I was born with only 1 eye. My son helped me a lot when I use the internet.

Here is the tread that I started last week

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1299134&highlight=

Actually I was thinking you had mascular degeneration of the eyes. I, for one, never thought you were yelling. You have a wonderful son to help you like this.

Sorry...still don't care. I'm of the belief that these folks felt the same way....that they were indispensable. Not true. More than one Pilot Boat employees out there who I'm sure knows the ports.

The striking people are gone. I'm sure the new people that took their place are thankful for the promotions they just received.

Then why are you here? Move on!

Being relatively new posting to these boards, I had read how.....ummmm...."prickly" some folks who post here could be. Now, I understand.

From what I've read, my opinion, those port employees who went on strike caused some of the cruise ships to be late. It's good that they were fired and replaced as their actions inconvenienced the passengers, the crew, and the cruise lines.

They were dealt with, and replaced.

I'll move on, as requested.

:confused:

Every monitor is different, and my eyesight may be different from yours.

I prefer a larger font (like the one I used here) rather than the one I used in my previous post on this thread.

And EITHER is better than those tiny little fonts used by some people. :(

Hit CTRL + on your keyboard. It will zoom the size of the page on your screen.

I owe Yes We Can an apology, or perhaps all of you as well. I didn't know that all capitals was the way to shout, rather than the large font size. And it never occurred to me that there could be good reasons for the large fonts. This last fact is the worst - and least excusable , as I have long represented my county on a regional board for the disabled. I do sincerely apologize.

Bill

I owe Yes We Can an apology, or perhaps all of you as well. I didn't know that all capitals was the way to shout, rather than the large font size. And it never occurred to me that there could be good reasons for the large fonts. This last fact is the worst - and least excusable , as I have long represented my county on a regional board for the disabled. I do sincerely apologize.

Bill

What a nice apology Bill !

Because peeps can't see each other on a community board, our posts can easily be misunderstood...which is why large font size and capital letters = shouting in computerese. We don't often make allowances for other possibilities... (*big sigh*).

Hit CTRL + on your keyboard. It will zoom the size of the page on your screen.
That's a big advantage of reading a message on a computer screen over reading a message on paper.

CTRL and + (plus sign) to make the text larger, or

CTRL and - (minus) to make the text smaller.

It only takes a second to adjust the font size on your screen to suit your own personal preference. Easier and faster than complaining about the size that someone else has chosen.

CTRL and scroll wheel on mouse can be used to adjust the size too.

It's a two-way street. People have a right to strike and employers should have the same right to fire strikers.

Striking is the same as saying "I don't like the deal at work" ... so go find a deal you like better, elsewhere! It's a free country, take your skills where they are appreciated!

You are all missing the point. OP posts these notes so he can shout. Look at his previous posts. (Even his post here already uses larger fonts!)
Maybe OP has bad eyesight and uses larger font. typing in "all caps" is yelling, not larger font.... just sayin
'tis still smaller than the font selected for regular use by one of the hosts.
Just had to post and now look really ill-informed for pre-judging the OP, spouting off at the mouth and then looking silly afterwards. This was a very dumb comment to make....
F.Y.I. I was born with only 1 eye.

Every monitor is different, and my eyesight may be different from yours.

Ignore the rude mod wannabees....
Actually I was thinking you had mascular degeneration of the eyes.
.....ummmm...."prickly" folks .

You PEOPLE area a TRIP!

Makes for some funny stuff right here.

THANK YOU! . . . THANK YOU for the Laughs.

I was yelling parts of this post anycase anyone is a little hard of hearing. Sorta like the way I talk when we volunteer at the old folks home.:D

:)y'all have a WONDERFUL day!:)

Bill

What a nice person you must be. You are the one owed the apology by some of the hateful and judgemental folks on CC who jump on every post they read with mean comments.

Bill

Way to go Bill, we are all human and we can learn something from you!!!;)

Also, I did'nt know you could use the ctrl button to zoom in either, thanks to person who posted that.:)

What I was thinking.

It was not a "safety" thing just a worker disagreement.

Contract issue........or lack of one....

From what I've read, my opinion, those port employees who went on strike caused some of the cruise ships to be late. It's good that they were fired and replaced as their actions inconvenienced the passengers, the crew, and the cruise lines.

They were dealt with, and replaced.

I'll move on, as requested.

According to the article they went on strike in the morning and came to an agreement with the Lt. Gov. and came back to work that afternoon.

The employees wanted to make a point and they did......hopefully they can get the ball rolling from this;) Good for them!

Thanks!

Sorry but their salary, though small by our standards are probably more than adequate for their region/economy. I could be wrong, but just my initial reaction. I would have backed them if it were a safety thing or talking a cheap hourly wage or something.

As for Bill, My hats off to you for being Man enough to apologize and correct yourself. There are so many people that wont take a bite of crow for any reason. You are a stand up guy!

Archived