RCCL/CELEBRITY Credits

lcds1

your cruise credits do not count in either direction. However your level of membership is transferable. So If you have Select level on Celebrity then it will transfer to Platinum on RCCL. However, if you cruise 5 more times on RCCL you will not go to Diamond. Same is true cruising RCCL to Celebrity. so best is to achieve the best status on one then cruise the other as a bonus. D+ however is only attainable after sailing the Requisite times on RCCL.

I know when we cruise on Celebrity our RCCL credits apply towards our status-

does it in reverse? That is...we have two Celebrity cruises - will those count toward status on RCCL?

Thanks!

Your status on one is recognized on the other, as long as you are at least Platinum/Select.

Credits are not added together on the two cruiselines.

You can only get to D+ on RC by earning the required number of credits on RC.........Celebrity does not have a category that corresponds to D+. (so far)

So, if I am Diamond on RCCL and I decide to take a cruise on Celebrity what would be the perks? Do they have the equivalent of a Diamond lounge with free wine in the evening or a free cocktail hour in a lounge?

X does not compare to RCI for the cocktail hour. X is only from 4 - 6PM, no hot buffet and service is very slow. Waited 25 minutes for 1 free drink. LOL

As for the lounges, X does not have a room open/available all day like RCI with coffee, cappuccino, goodies, menu, etc. X is very limited from 8 - 10AM. RCI wins hands down here.

X wins for Internet with 90 minutes compare to RCI 30 minutes.

RCI really wins for their coupon book. Two free photos regardless of size and if formal or not. That is worth at least $40.00.

X does not compare to RCI for the cocktail hour. X is only from 4 - 6PM, no hot buffet and service is very slow. Waited 25 minutes for 1 free drink. LOL

As for the lounges, X does not have a room open/available all day like RCI with coffee, cappuccino, goodies, menu, etc. X is very limited from 8 - 10AM. RCI wins hands down here.

X wins for Internet with 90 minutes compare to RCI 30 minutes.

RCI really wins for their coupon book. Two free photos regardless of size and if formal or not. That is worth at least $40.00.

Two??? :confused:

Also, RCI has a diamond balcony discount, =X= does not.

But =X= has limited free laundry, RCI does not.

On the longer cruises we take now, the $300 balcony discount on RCI trumps all the =X= perks.

We do get free laundry on RCI now at D+ level. On X we can get our shareholder's OBC which is a substitute for the balcony discount for some of us.

We just booked our first Azamara cruise & I was shocked when they said they were giving us their top club status !

We just made diamond this year on RC & have only done a few Celebrity many years back.

The agent booking this next cruise said he gave Azamara my name & birthdate & they told him they had all our other info.....address, etc. They said that the original Celebrity number pulls all the info from them & RC forward.

YEA !

Azamara's club give lots of stuff.

X does not compare to RCI for the cocktail hour.

I somewhat disagree. Yes, the evening hours are better on RC, but I quite enjoyed the venue and service on X, as well as the breakfast treats in Michael's Club. If it weren't for the 4-6 PM hours, I'd say X was better in all other respects.

RCI really wins for their coupon book.

Now I really do disagree. The X coupons were much better, although I have not done RC since the coupon book finally changed back for the better.

X does not compare to RCI for the cocktail hour.

We really enjoyed the 4 - 6 venue for happy hour and considered it to be ample time for all. Also they had far more variety in the coctail menu. Service was slow the first night, but noticed if you tipped each round it was better....needless to say service got better every night from then on.

The breakfast in Michaels not so much as DH does not like to eat at a table that is knee high. For me I was OK,,,they also had mimosas and bloody mary's!

Their prices were great,,but once you figure in balcony discounts that you can get on RCI then it wasn't that great!

Archived