Specialty Dining

fabby50

Hello! We've cruised a lot, but just booked our first Princess cruise. A little confused about speciality dining reservations. I would swear my relatives told me you can reserve in advance, but I'm not finding a link on the website.

Did you use to be able to reserve in advance but can't now?

REALLY looking forward to trying Princess - thanks for your help.

With 9 Princess cruises under my belt and a tenth one scheduled I honestly can't remember ever being able to reserve the specialty dining venues in advance. Maybe it was a possibility at one point, but I've never seen it. I'm sure those with many more Princess cruises than I have will be able to answer also.

Hi There

Have done cruises were if you did not book within the first few days you could not get a seat, while others you could just walk up and get a table.

So to be safe I would book your seats within a day or two of getting on the ship,

enjoy your cruise and try not to eat to much,

then there's the chefs table

yours Shogun

From what I understand, there are some cruise lines out there that you can make speciality dining reservations in advance, that might be why you thought it was possible. But on Princess, you can not make the reservations until you board the ship (and never have been able to). If you have a special day and time in mind, I would make them ASAP after boarding. ;) Enjoy!

I know on some ships (Ruby / Emerald / Crown) there is usually someone at the Crown Grill about 2:00 on embarkation day taking reservations. Not sure about other ships.

However, you can call the reservation line when you get in your stateroom.

From what I understand, there are some cruise lines out there that you can make speciality dining reservations in advance, that might be why you thought it was possible. But on Princess, you can not make the reservations until you board the ship (and never have been able to). If you have a special day and time in mind, I would make them ASAP after boarding. ;) Enjoy!

Yep, I can confirm that on Celebrity and HAL you can make advance reservations at the specialty restaurants.

Yep, I can confirm that on Celebrity and HAL you can make advance reservations at the specialty restaurants.

Same with Disney Cruise Lines. You can reserve Palo in advance of the cruise.

On 7-night cruises, DH and I don't usually do specialty dining, but we enjoy a change of scenery on longer voyages. We either ask to preview menus or have our waitstaff suggest nights when we might like to dine in one of the alternative restaurants. Menus on a 7-night voyage tend to be predictable, while longer voyages might offer menu options that we haven't experienced previously.

Since Princess doesn't offer pre-cruise specialty dining reservations, I would suggest waiting until you're onboard and deciding which nights you might prefer dinner in one of the alternative venues. jmo

Bon Appetit! and Bon Voyage!

Chris

Archived