Just returned from sailing on Regatta

rahrah50

Oceania has again proven they are the cruiseline for me. The smaller ship, great food, friendly crew, and relaxed atmosphere are the best!!!!

We booked everything but airfare through Oceania and I know that is not for everyone, but for two women traveling alone is was wonderful!!! Our hotel in Athens was fabulous (flew in 3 days early), transfers flawless, and the the ship's excursions were very good. We did both ship excursions and private excursions. Due to bad weather we did miss Santorini which was disappointing, but after sightseeing in Athens, Ephesus, Katakalon and Rhodes it was nice to just relax. My only criticism was why we stopped at Olbia, Sardinia for a whole day. There was nothing there!!!!

I see another Oceania cruise in the future!!!!!!

Did you use the internet service on board? I've been reading such dreadful posts about it but also heard they were working on the problem. We board the Regatta in a couple of weeks so I was wondering as I use the internet a lot and was going to bring my own laptop.

Also did you have any favorite hide-aways on the ship? We've been on Azamara's ships which are quite similar but this will be our first Oceania cruise.

Also did you have any favorite hide-aways on the ship? We've been on Azamara's ships which are quite similar but this will be our first Oceania cruise.

Now if we told you where the good hide aways are they would not be hideaways anymore ;)

We like to sit in the patio area (deck 9) after dinner

The library is another good spot

We found the internet connection not bad up on the pool deck in the evening ....but timing is everything.

enjoy the cruise

lyn

Glad you enjoyed your Regatta cruise. We're sailing out of Miami on january 12th on regatta. Our first time on Oceania. We'd love to hear from anyone else going on this cruise. My partner loves to dine at a table for two (bless her heart! so romantic) so we won't get to meet you at dinner. But we'd love to hear from you in advance, and perhaps meet on the ship, or get a group together for a shore excursion.

Glad you enjoyed your Regatta cruise. We're sailing out of Miami on january 12th on regatta. Our first time on Oceania. We'd love to hear from anyone else going on this cruise. My partner loves to dine at a table for two (bless her heart! so romantic) so we won't get to meet you at dinner. But we'd love to hear from you in advance, and perhaps meet on the ship, or get a group together for a shore excursion.

Some of the 2 tops are so close you can be a 6 top;)

Meet your fellow passenger on the roll call at

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1216957

enjoy the cruise

lyn

Now if we told you where the good hide aways are they would not be hideaways anymore ;)

We like to sit in the patio area (deck 9) after dinner

The library is another good spot,,,,lyn

Lyn, those are my two spots as well, although we do not get to the patio area ever after dinner because we either are going to the show or to the silly contests by the piano in Martini's.

Archived