Live from Nieuw Amsterdam

Randy H

Now aboard Nieuw Amsterdam in Ft Lauderdale…

We missed the delay and late boarding and arrived about 5:00 after boarding had started… it was close to a walk on… less than 30 minutes from taxi to stateroom. There was grumbling in line... but most understood (1st time the ship has visited the US, and came in under code red)

The ship is beautiful… as others have noted a bit sparse, but really pretty… They have the most ornate flower arraignments I have seen on a ship.

The Capt. has announced that he expects to sail a bit earlier than planned at 7:30 or so…

We missed the delay and late boarding and arrived about 5:00 after boarding had started… it was close to a walk on… less than 30 minutes from taxi to stateroom. There was grumbling in line... but most understood (1st time the ship has visited the US, and came in under code red)

The ship is beautiful… as others have noted a bit sparse, but really pretty… They have the most ornate flower arraignments I have seen on a ship.

The Capt. has announced that he expects to sail a bit earlier than planned at 7:30 or so…

Looking so forward to your posts!!! We board her in 20 days!!! Keep her safe for me!!:D

Joanie

Hi Randy,

If there is anyway that you can post the MDR menus each night I would be very grateful. If you can't do that if you can at least list what is the food theme for each night I would take that because I need to pick a night to go to the Pinnacle on my Dec. cruise.

Thank you!

Glad to hear that you were able to board her easily, and seemingly without preconceived notions due to the code red she came in under.

May all the passengers be safe and healthy! We look forward to reading anything you can provide :-) I loved her on our itinerary, and hope you will too!

Oh and take pictures of your cabin for Joanie :-)

I will be on board Dec. 5-19, 2010 and am looking forward to your reports. Can you let me know when the formal nights are on this cruise. I want to make reservations at the Pinnacle but don't want to miss MDR on formal nights. Have a fabulous cruise and stay healthy.

Hi Randy -

Have a great cruise!! Look forward to your reports!!

What time did you finally leave FLL port? Watched the MM webcam until 9:30 pm and NA was still docked....

Archived