Cruise Etiquette

Gwendy

Tips for cruising -

Lifts, they have arrows on them that indicate whether they are going up or down, you don't have to ask the people in the lift.

If you are waiting for a lift, stand to the side when the door opens and the people inside can get out, then you can get in.

You are on a cruise ship - it's a relaxing holiday - you don't have to run from one set of lifts to the next to see which one will get there first.

Food - Use tongs provided not your fingers. No one knows where they have been.

Put serving utensils on the plate provided not back in the dish for the next person to burn their hands when they touch the serving utensils.

Maybe (Probably, Definitely) I am just getting old and cranky, but hey it's not that hard is it?

DON'T cut in the buffet line EVER

It depends what you call 'Cutting In'. If the person ahead of me stops at a station and places an order, which will take a minute or two, then, if I have no use for that station, I will just go past that person and carry on to the next station. I don't call that 'Cutting In', I have done it on over 20 cruises, with not one complaint.

john

I work in customer service, you would be appalled at etiquitte in all areas of business. Do you think I want to hear you pee when you call me? I don't eat at buffets anymore because of the way other people eat, or handle food.

But creating an etiquitte list is like a sparrow flying south in a north bound wind. Unless you actually seperate "classes" again, then the etiquitte will be down hill. You remember classes, upper class, middle class, lower class, and then the most crass-nouveaux riche?

Archived