Residency Rate after final payment?

Jimbo

I would think it would depend on when you booked....before May 17? (I think that was the date) If so I would think you would get an OBC.....if it's after their change the rules date then I think you're out of luck.....always been my opinion, all you can do is ask, all they can say is "no".

Allowed, but will get you an upgrade, not OBC.

The price difference is only $100 per person less for the resident rate discount but to upgrade to the next category would be about a $600 per person jump. You are not telling me they would upgrade us to the ccategory that cost $1200 more?

Booked after May 17th

Jimbo

The price difference is only $100 per person less for the resident rate discount but to upgrade to the next category would be about a $600 per person jump. You are not telling me they would upgrade us to the ccategory that cost $1200 more?

Jimbo

I think he is telling you if there is a category that matches what you paid that is higher than you now are booked in, that they will allow you to upgrade.

As someone else said, you dont mention when this was booked, so that too makes a difference. If before May 17th, then price drops are grandfathered in. Otherwise no.

No...since you booked after May 17th. I ran into the same thing with military rates being offered after final payment. My next cruise I am waiting till after final payment to see what military rates they offer. I saw them drop the Oasis over $500 per person for a military rate after final payment. I was already locked into the Navigator so I couldn't switch.

I want to sail Oasis but I am going to wait till after final payment for the March sailings. I can't see myself locking in to $1400 pp for a boardwalk balcony and then have them drop the price down to $899 after final payment for military! That is what they did for the Thanksgiving sailing!

No obc or credit after final if booked after May 17, 2010. You can upgrade if there is a category above yours that is equal or lower in price. This is why a lot of posters are recommending people to book a lower category cabin intially: you have more of a chance of upgrading for little or no money after final payment is due, the lower category you are.

A residency discount appeared after final payment for our December cruise. I was able to upgrade our D1 to a JS for $500 total and the interior to a D2 for no additional cost. No OBC if you booked after May 17. If you want to pay them more, they'll let you. :) The JS was originally about $1800 more than our D1, then dropped to $500 more than what we originally paid. We were allowed to pay them the $500 for the upgrade. LOL

Archived