Splendor, Splendor, Splendor Combined Thread

ChaylaT

You all may think I'm crazy, but I envy those passengers. Just think of the stories they will have to tell for the rest of their lives! Of course with no injuries reported, I am able to put a good spin on everything. I've sailed on Splendor & have many fond memories of our adventures. Who wants to go through life with no challenges?

Joyce;):D

When I look at the AIS marine traffic map the ship looks like its headed for ensenada. I'm sure my eyes are just playing tricks on me. Anyone see that?

It might be the curve of the earth or something. Yet when you click on her, it says that her destination is Puerto Vallarta.

A mistake, right?

I didn't see the destination part. I bet you're right and it's just the curve. We arrive in San Diego at noon tomorrow for our day before boarding the Spirit. We are actually hoping to see the Splendor being towed in. I'm sorry for all those on board and what they are going through and for those that have had to cancel their vacations. For us, if it was our ship that became disabled we would make the best of it and yet at the same time be very disappointed. Cruising is our favorite hobby :)

It might be the curve of the earth or something. Yet when you click on her, it says that her destination is Puerto Vallarta.

A mistake, right?

Well technically that was her destination when she left port.

Can I just say that on this the 35th anniversary of the wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald things could have been much worse.

Carnival is doing update press releases a few times a day, hardly being quiet.

Obviously the Brit press has no interest in reporting on a story half a world away with no one in imminent danger.

Or maybe their rags chose to continue running their page three girls.....

Desperation breeds desperate measures----if I were sailing on this ship in the near future, I would eye the ice bucket with great suspicion and avoid it like the plague.:eek:

ROTFLMAO!!!! i don't know how i missed your post yesterday. from now on i think i will use a friends idea of packing all my "extra toiletries" in a small packable cooler. that way i can use it for ice instead of the cabin ice buckets.

I just received a call from my wife who is on the ship. She said "This is a cruise from HELL!"

So for those of you that would rather be there, than at work, you need to throw away your crack pipes.

She said there is no light in her cabin, toilet only got restored yesterday and stinks beyond belief. People are hoarding food, taking platefuls.

The one tug that was pulling them just lost an engine, so they are going even slower.

She had no idea that we knew everything that was going on regarding the USS Reagan, tugs, etc.

I would have asked more but she needs to conserve her cell battery because there is no where to plug in for power.

I just received a call from my wife who is on the ship. She said "This is a cruise from HELL!"

So for those of you that would rather be there, than at work, you need to throw away your crack pipes.

She said there is no light in her cabin, toilet only got restored yesterday and stinks beyond belief. People are hoarding food, taking platefuls.

The one tug that was pulling them just lost an engine, so they are going even slower.

She had no idea that we knew everything that was going on regarding the USS Reagan, tugs, etc.

I would have asked more but she needs to conserve her cell battery because there is no where to plug in for power.

Thanks Gary! First second hand I've seen!

Thanks for the update!! Now it will get really interesting with people having cell phone service!

I call BS on all these posts that say they would just love to be on this cruise. I really can't wait to hear from some passengers that were on board to hear what it was really like.

I wasn't going to respond, because of the speed the thread is growing, but I had to agree with this one. This is no longer a relaxing cruise. No A/C, limited power, no entertainment, and dining on spam and frozen milk is not anybody's idea of a good time. I'm just thankful that everybody appears to be safe thus far.

OMG! My heart goes out to your wife and everyone on the ship. I will be thinking of your wife & everyone on the ship until safely reunited home with family & friends.

:mad:Watching Fox11(Los Angeles) news last night and they had an attorney on talking about lawsuits he does against ship company's. They were asking him if he thinks passengers have a case to sue! Talk about fanning a fire. He was basically doing a commercial for himself. Disgusting! And shame on the news channel.

Hmmm, I refreshed Marine Traffic and she disappears. She obviously stopped for some reason, wonder if another tug arrived.

i dont know if they are around, but i heard in one of the interviews that the cutter can tow as well. Hopefully they use that as well as all of the tugs

Frankly I am floored at the number of posts from people who would have loved to have been on this cruise just so they could get a free trip out of it. Short of injury, death and or sinking, a ship being dead in the water is one of the most dangerous situations you can be in. And this doesn't even take into consideration the "living" situation. I cannot imagine how families are dealing with kids are handling the situation.

These passengers will have a story to tell for sure. But getting them on safe ground again is the most important thing at this point. They still have several hours to safety.....

Frankly I am floored at the number of posts from people who would have loved to have been on this cruise just so they could get a free trip out of it. Short of injury, death and or sinking, a ship being dead in the water is one of the most dangerous situations you can be in. And this doesn't even take into consideration the "living" situation. I cannot imagine how families are dealing with kids are handling the situation.

These passengers will have a story to tell for sure. But getting them on safe ground again is the most important thing at this point. They still have several hours to safety.....

Kinda like playing Survivor to win a million dollars.

But they choose to be there.

I would just keep repeating to myself......

Full refund

Free cruise voucher

Full refund

Free cruise voucher

Full refund

Free cruise voucher

So far everyone is safe and unharmed, that is what really matters.

And the new shi(p) smell. :eek:

Archived