Splendor, Splendor, Splendor Combined Thread

ChaylaT

Me (and my crackpipe) would SOOO be on that ship in the heartbeat.

We love adventure and this is a free SAFE one that folks will get to talk about for years.

No toilets for 12 hours, no fancy food, no hot water for a couple of days and a safe adventure PLUS a free 7 day cruise....sign me up any time !!!

You may step ahead of me in line. I like to camp out, but this is nothing like that.

Interesting. I watched the news last night and didn't catch it.

I wonder who chartered the plane and why they were able to fly over and get pics but not the news??

I hope they are having a good time out on deck but somehow I doubt it.

I'm sure they are trying to make the most of a bad situatuion.

Toni

CBS 8 out of San Diego. Here is the video link: http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=13468196

Joanie

Here is a link. people are having fun. It's not a nightmare.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=162691&catid=339

The doom and gloomers are gonna hate this

ouch. He interviewed someone who said they wont sail on a cruise with carnival again. I wonder what they are going to do with the free cruise voucher

Honestly, what would another cruiseline do differently in this same situation? If this happened to Cunard would they be shipping in caviar or something? This COULD happen on any ship, not just Carnival....i'm sure all is being done that CAN be done...people will either understand that...or they won't...

CARNIVAL SPLENDOR UPDATE

Miami, FL -- November 9, 2010 (12 noon EST)

The cruise ship Carnival Splendor, which lost power after experiencing an engine room fire, is currently being towed via tug boats to San Diego. Based on favorable sea conditions, the ship is expected to arrive around midday on Thursday.

As the ship gets closer to coastal areas, guests are now beginning to receive intermittent cellular service. Additionally, the ship's phone system is working on a limited basis and guests are able to make complimentary calls home.

A large Carnival team continues to work on hotel, flight and transportation arrangements for the guests and will be on the ground in San Diego when the ship arrives.

Guests continue to be provided food and beverage service and a limited schedule of activities. Toilets continue to function in most staterooms and all public restrooms.

Wow...Someone in the navy department woke up!!!!

There is a nuclear carrier and nuclear powered subs, all carrying nuclear weapons within 1000 yards of the Carnival ship and the tugs...and if you track one, you are tracking them all.

Turning the tracking off is easily understandable....

They must of went to sleep, its back on!

Oh I think this cruise would have been an adventure! Im tired of people freaking out and listing all the negatives about this cruise. Its 60 degrees - go find a lounge chair and hang out! Hopefully you brough a great book to read and smuggled some libations. We always pack some snacks of some sort so nibble on those. A deck of cards and a few made up games - this would be fun! Get the other passengers around you involved. Meet people you would have never chatted to otherwise. Your going down in the cruise history books as a disaster at sea and no one was hurt! Take lots of pictures and have stories to tell everyone. So what your inconvienced for a few days - its costing you nothing!!! And you get a chance to pick another time and place (for free) to have a great cruise. If it were to happen again to you again (which would be a chance in a million)- would you also pick my lottery numbers if it did??? :) My vacations are to relax and enjoy and hey if I lose a lbs or two in the process - I wont die from it. So many are over reacting. So what if the news says 5000 passengers - they didnt do their research - we are the smart ones here and know different. Now Im off to find a cabanna boy to fan me......

This is one cruise that a balcony would be a blessing to have to get fresh air or any air while trying to sleep. After reading about the poster and the call from the relative on the ship about the stinch and the hoarding of food and calling it the cruise from hell, don't know how some would love to be on that ship unless they love drama.

This is one cruise that a balcony would be a blessing to have to get fresh air or any air while trying to sleep. After reading about the poster and the call from the relative on the ship about the stinch and the hoarding of food and calling it the cruise from hell, don't know how some would love to be on that ship unless they love drama.

LOL! What an adventure!!!

because those reports are from drama queens. Here is some truth

Here is a link. people are having fun. It's not a nightmare.

The doom and gloomers are gonna hate this

I read the article but don't see where they are having "fun". It says people are standing in line for 2 hours for food and then trying to find something to do and people have their doors propped opened for light and air and people are socializing. Where do you see fun? It looks to me people are trying to cope and if you have a balcony it is so much better than those who don't.

While the toilet is finally functioning, it does not have the usual sanitizing procedure. With a stinking to unbelievable toilet in your cabin and in public bathrooms, if one can still "enjoy" one's ship time, then one must be "smell-challenged."

No air circulation, waiting 2 hours in line for food, and with thousands of fellow passengers compete for open-deck space, I dont know how some of the posters can say this could be fun.

It is easy to say anything is fine and makes lemonaide out of lemon, when you are in the full availability of all creature comfort. Wait till you are actually in THAT situation, you may be complaining louder than everyone else. :rolleyes:

Oh I think this cruise would have been an adventure! Im tired of people freaking out and listing all the negatives about this cruise. Its 60 degrees - go find a lounge chair and hang out! Hopefully you brough a great book to read and smuggled some libations. We always pack some snacks of some sort so nibble on those. A deck of cards and a few made up games - this would be fun! Get the other passengers around you involved. Meet people you would have never chatted to otherwise. Your going down in the cruise history books as a disaster at sea and no one was hurt! Take lots of pictures and have stories to tell everyone. So what your inconvienced for a few days - its costing you nothing!!! And you get a chance to pick another time and place to have a great cruise. If it were to happen again to you (which would be a chance in a million)- would you also pick my lottery numbers if it did??? :) My vacations are to relax and enjoy and hey if I lose a lbs or two in the process - I wont die from it. So many are over reacting. So what if the news says 5000 passengers - they didnt do their research - we are the smart ones here and know different. Now Im off to find a cabanna boy to fan me......

Can Mexico tugs leave their waters and enter the US waters? I think that could be why they switch to 2 US tugs and towing her to san diego

I have no idea, but my guess, and it is a guess at most, is that since both the US and Mexican goverments are working hand in hand on this SAR, they might allow the Mexican tugs to continue assisting. IF it is even possible for 4 tugs to tow at the same time???

I also think that the tugs might be privately owned ??? And either way private or government, would it not be at US discretion to allow them into US waters??

Joanie

Archived