Splendor, Splendor, Splendor Combined Thread

ChaylaT

there won't be any ships doing the 7 day if they take splendor out.

Disney is coming but its twice the price still.

Other ships are leaving that do the 7 day.

maybe a princess ship so not too many will be left here for calif.

Princess is leaving Calif. also.....the Splendor is going not going anywhere.....no pun intended:D

I must admit I am missing John Heald's posting to facebook. He is very entertaining and gives a feel for what is going on on the ship.

I bet he will be ready for some time off after this event.

I hope they are able to get the ship back to SD before Thursday night, yikes that is half the cruise.

If one thinks about we have all had trying times weather it be stuck on a train or plane or some other mishap. Not that my experience is the same as this, but stuff happens.

I am sure most of us have experienced blackouts, and I must admit being in NYC on 9/11 was very scary.

Will I continue to cruise and travel, for sure.

Glad all are safe and hope they are making lemon aide from this lemon of a situation.

I am sure most of us have experienced blackouts, and I must admit being in NYC on 9/11 was very scary.

While not scary, but overall creepy was the 2003ish blackout that affected most of the east coast. Good thing that didnt happen again, yet!

I must admit I am missing John Heald's posting to facebook. He is very entertaining and gives a feel for what is going on on the ship.

I bet he will be ready for some time off after this event.

I hope they are able to get the ship back to SD before Thursday night, yikes that is half the cruise.

If one thinks about we have all had trying times weather it be stuck on a train or plane or some other mishap. Not that my experience is the same as this, but stuff happens.

Will I continue to cruise and travel, for sure.

Glad all are safe and hope they are making lemon aide from this lemon of a situation.

Im also mssing Johns post on FB! I cant wait to hear his thoughts on the situation. I also cant wait to read the posts of the passengers onboard when they get back, it should be a very interesting thread.

Princess is leaving Calif. also.....the Splendor is going not going anywhere.....no pun intended:D

well at least when we booked our 5 day I went with the reviews of the ship, which spirit is 4.5 out of 5 right now, where as the Splendor is only 3.5 and will probably drop unfortunatly.

If we have a fire on the ship at least we could catch a bus in Cabo and go up the way. It would take 2 days by bus and that would be way better than the conditions on the ship I would think.

Maybe I'm expecting too much, but I'm surprised at the lack of any first-hand information from passengers. I imagine that they have family worried about them back home. I have no idea what the power supplies are, or how much it would take, but it seems that Carnival would make some arrangement for passengers to get the word out - wi-fi, internet cafe, limited mobile service, etc.

Cheers, Carl.

The ship is on auxillary power.........do you know what that means? No wi-fi, no internet, no cell phones....this is a serious situation. No electricity except for ,emergencies. Sounds good that toilets are flushing, cold water in the bathrooms. Perhaps CCL has extended communications to the family member/emergency contact person.......

Yep, I'd waste my communication time on CC :confused::rolleyes:

PS You know what I mean?

well at least when we booked our 5 day I went with the reviews of the ship, which spirit is 4.5 out of 5 right now, where as the Splendor is only 3.5 and will probably drop unfortunatly.

If we have a fire on the ship at least we could catch a bus in Cabo and go up the way. It would take 2 days by bus and that would be way better than the conditions on the ship I would think.

I was on the Spirit for a cruise to AK, it was my 1st or 2nd cruise. It a great ship, brings back fond memories. Was on the Miracle recently and it reminded me of the Spirit in size.

It was on the Spirit that I went to the supper club for the first time, was amazing with the large windows and looking out at the glaciers. (with some midnight sun to boot)

No it's not. Sapphire Princess makes 7n runs down to Mexico weekly except in the summer, when it's in Alaska. Golden Princess is in Hawaii every other week from LA except the summer, when it's in Alaska.

Mariner of the Seas and Norwegian Star ARE leaving CA though, permanently. Disney Wonder is coming but will likely mix up Hawaii runs with Mexico trips in 2012. It also goes to Alaska in the summers.

But Princess is staying in CA. And I love the Sapphire! Can't wait to be on her in December.

We'll be on the Mariner of the Seas in under 2 weeks so here is to no further problems on the way to Mexico!

Katherine

Assuming its anything like the way the airlines handle certain things, you get it if you ask...

Interesting. That might actually be something eye-opening to research afterwards.

My guess (and it's definitely nothing more than a guess) would be No.

The ship is on auxillary power.........do you know what that means? No wi-fi, no internet, no cell phones....this is a serious situation. No electricity except for ,emergencies. Sounds good that toilets are flushing, cold water in the bathrooms. Perhaps CCL has extended communications to the family member/emergency contact person.......

Yep, I'd waste my communication time on CC :confused::rolleyes:

PS You know what I mean?

They just had some interviews (on the local news)with co-workers and a daughter of passengers on the cruise. They have heard nothing from those on the ship. It seems there are a group of seniors from the NY area on the ship.

I do so hope first time cruisers take advantage of their free cruise and choose another one in the near future so that they can experience what most cruises are truly like. I just think it's gonna leave a bad taste in many of their mouths, and I'd like to see them get back on that horse.

Seriously, Salty...a fascinating experience?

We haven't received a posting from anyone on the ship since sailaway....you really think it's fascinating?

I think it is horrible for the pax and cruise staff.

Salty, don't get me wrong...I have a feeling you are in a decent physical shape as am I and thankfully DH!! The thought of climbing those steps just to get up to the open deck areas several times a day...I can't imagine.

I just am waiting to hear from the CC people on this cruise who will inform us as to how they were taken care of.

Glad that CCL has taken on a pro-active stance.

We don't use the elevators when we cruise. We take the stairs all the time, even several times a day. It is not an impossible task. It is quite doable.

Hey Cin! Harold told me you were headed down there to help with debarkation... I don't envy you dealing with that particular group of passengers!!! Wishing you calm and peace; be sure to tell us all about it when you get back.[/quote=AQW;26815123]

I didn't know you were on here. :)

We are waiting for word if we are going or not. It depends on where it docks.

We don't use the elevators when we cruise. We take the stairs all the time, even several times a day. It is not an impossible task. It is quite doable.

Not if you are handicapped or have a heart condition or a bad leg, etc. Not all passengers are young and healthy.

Just not a good day for Carnnival:

Several dozen passengers on a Carnival cruise ship Wednesday were injured when the vessel made a sudden turn to avoid an object in the water.

Carnival says the incident occurred Wednesday afternoon as the 2,052-passenger ship, the Carnival Ecstasy, was sailing in the Gulf of Mexico. The Ecstasy was on the final leg of a five-day cruise out of Galveston, Texas.

Carnival says the Ecstasy was forced to perform an unusually sharp maneuver to avoid a large buoy that was adrift and mostly submerged, preventing it from being detected by the ship's radar. The maneuver resulted in the ship listing notably to port.

The maneuver resulted in the ship listing notably to port.

None of the injuries were serious, the line says

"The movement of the vessel resulted in minor injuries to 60 guests who were treated at the ship's infirmary as well as some minor damage to merchandise and unsecured objects," Carnival says in a statement.

http://travel.usatoday.com/cruises/post/2010/04/dozens-injured-as-carnival-ship-turns-hard-to-avoid-wayward-buoy/89260/1?csp=Travel

you're about 6.5 months off... that article was posted april 22 2010...

and i'd prefer the ship try not to hit an adrift buoy... seriously? :rolleyes:

read your posted article... :p

Archived