Pack n Go Specials......Unreal!!!

SNJCruisers

I don't know about taking the Fantasy. I've seen the outside, and I think that is the same ship that my DD cruised on out of Mobile a couple of years ago. She said it was old and tiny. How does it compare to the Glory?

I suspect that your daughter was talking about the Holiday, which was sold and last year? sometime Fantasy replaced it for a few months, then Fantasy went to Charleston and Elation went thru the panama canal to come to Mobile.

Thats how Elation from Calif came to be in Mobile now. (so now it can get waterworks next dry dock)

Holiday was the oldest ship, and just a wee bit smaller than Fantasy class and a few differences, like no atrium. Some loved it .. was really cheap, but sent to Spain when it was sold, but not under the Carnival name. too bad. the prices were great.

FF333, dont come to florida. You are not needed.

I lived in Boca Raton for over 13 years .. moved here when my parents needed me. Would you believe I didnt really cruise, just a few day cruises and such until I moved to Texas. .. there I was 30 minutes from Ft. Everglades.

Will you be going to the southeast coast where you have the most options?

I was thinking Palm Bay, mid east coast .. the real estate prices used to be so much better than in south florida...

I was just kidding btw about moving to florida right now .. Im here where my folks live and they need a driver. .. but some day? .. "Ill be back" as he said in the movie.

Yes, there are some good deals out there, but for those of us tied to school schedules, even though we live in FL, we cannot travel at those times! When the kids are in college, then we can take advantage of those great deals. During the first few weeks of Nov and in Jan. after the New Year's holiday, there are some great rates, but unfortunately we have to wait until the holidays and spring break, when the prices go up!!

I would love a deal like that! Sounds like a great rate!

Did you just have a baby?? I think Id be nervous to take a newborn that young anyway... congrats on the baby.

I don't mean to get the thread off topic, but I would definitly take my baby on a cruise, especially the Disney Cruise!

I would love a deal like that! Sounds like a great rate!

I don't mean to get the thread off topic, but I would definitly take my baby on a cruise, especially the Disney Cruise!

If the baby wouldnt be 6 months old until next Feb, it just sounded like it was just born to me. We had a 7 month old on one of our active roll calls who was just a doll. He loved cruising and he was everywhere in his carriage. by the end of the cruise, he was enjoying being picked up by total strangers and laughing and playing and being passed around at partys. He was a joy.

I think Carnival's rule of 6 months makes sense, yes, I think I would be nervous taking a very new born baby out of the country. You never know what you have to deal with. Id want a U.S. hospital near by until at least 6 months, depending on the baby.

WOW. I will be on the Ecstasy on Dec 6, but I am tempted to book the Dec 2 booking. It is $249 for OV. The Int rooms are $339. It'll be a B2B for me.

There is a senior 1A rate on Jan 22, 2011 ECSTASY of $219. I havent seen that low of a price in years.

.. Im already booked ES and they wouldnt let me downgrade. .. driving me nuts.

There is a senior 1A rate on Jan 22, 2011 ECSTASY of $219. I havent seen that low of a price in years.

.. Im already booked ES and they wouldnt let me downgrade. .. driving me nuts.

I don't see it at 219. I see 269. Where are you seeing that rate at?

I suspect that your daughter was talking about the Holiday, which was sold and last year? sometime Fantasy replaced it for a few months, then Fantasy went to Charleston and Elation went thru the panama canal to come to Mobile.

Thats how Elation from Calif came to be in Mobile now. (so now it can get waterworks next dry dock)

Holiday was the oldest ship, and just a wee bit smaller than Fantasy class and a few differences, like no atrium. Some loved it .. was really cheap, but sent to Spain when it was sold, but not under the Carnival name. too bad. the prices were great.

Looked up her history...it was the Fantasy. I thought it might have been the Fantastic. I remembered that it started with an F. Not the Holiday.

I'm with you....I saw this deal and looked into airfare :eek:..untouchable...would love to take advantage but flying to a port...other than Balitmore which is a 7 hour drive for us...is cost prohibitive for last minute deals :(

That would be the majority of us. I'm lucky to get reasonable airfare even when I plan on a cruise months out.....

Conversely, a buddy of mine live in FL and when in doubt, they take a cruise. Good for them, jealousy for me when I get his email...... real estate is cheap right now down there :rolleyes:, snowing here.... hmmmmmm.

Yes, there are some good deals out there, but for those of us tied to school schedules, even though we live in FL, we cannot travel at those times! When the kids are in college, then we can take advantage of those great deals. During the first few weeks of Nov and in Jan. after the New Year's holiday, there are some great rates, but unfortunately we have to wait until the holidays and spring break, when the prices go up!!

The reality of living in Florida...we work too. Those super bargains are around this time, and usually close to sailing time. It's so hard to see those bargains go by when we have to work and can't get time off on short notice. I need to work so I can cruise. What good is retirement if you can't afford to go anywhere?

The reality of living in Florida...we work too. Those super bargains are around this time, and usually close to sailing time. It's so hard to see those bargains go by when we have to work and can't get time off on short notice. I need to work so I can cruise. What good is retirement if you can't afford to go anywhere?

I know .. I lived in S. FL and never cruised, except the first year I was there. Then I moved to North Texas, not even that close to Galveston, and I start back cruising. I had to work when I lived there. Crazy. I didnt know what a lucky location I was living in at the time, we only though wow, parking is high at Port Everglades. .. never thinking people fly in and all

Just booked an inside guarantee on the 1/17/11 sailing of the Imagination for a rate of 159 + taxes totaling 225 per person. Four days of cruising for 40 bucks a day plus tax. I think I saved enough for an extra drink or two or three. :D

Where did you find this deal, my Group has booked early saver and is booked at the $179.00 pp price. Would love to get it lowered again.

Archived