No more Karoke hosts...

Jabee

No more Karaoke host on the four and five day cruises, only on the 7 day trips.

Carnival in its infinite wisdom has decided that short trips need comedians more than karaoke...instead they want to emphasize Comedy and also the live with the band Karaoke..(very limited songs)

Carnival will continue to have Karaoke, but on the short trips they will use other staff (like the horrible way they do it on NCL)

The KH on the Triumph told me he was going on vacation at the end of October, but would not return to the Triumph because when it moves to Galveston, it will only do 4 and 5 day trips.

Carnival in its infinite wisdom has decided that short trips need comedians more than karaoke...instead they want to emphasize Comedy and also the live with the band Karaoke..(very limited songs)

Carnival will continue to have Karaoke, but on the short trips they will use other staff (like the horrible way they do it on NCL)

The KH on the Triumph told me he was going on vacation at the end of October, but would not return to the Triumph because when it moves to Galveston, it will only do 4 and 5 day trips.

Cool

Not much worse than seeing these people that "think" they are above the rest at singing.

I would rather just listen to someone that was up for a good time and knew they couldn't sing.

:confused: That's the way it has been on all of our cruises (3, 5, 7 Day). Why would Carnival have a full time employee just to host the karaoke? :confused:

Since it would fall under entertainment I would think that one of the entertainment/activities staff would run it. It actually might be a nice change to see different staff running it each night. Some of the entertainment staff are pretty good at singing too.

You are correct, as far as all of the cruises we have been on (3, 4, 7 day). There was never a full time employee just for hosting karaoke.

When did this change take place? Was not yet in effect on 10/15 fantasy cruise, and enjoyed singing karaoke every night.

As one who has performed karaoke shows in the past, dedicated karaoke hosts would do a better job. The main thing to me, though, is as long as I can use my own discs to sing, I can make do as the normal karaoke list is pretty limited as well.

As for comedians vs karaoke, I would think there are plenty of shows for both.

I agree that having a good time is what karaoke is all about, whether one has a great voice or not.

Both cruises on the Freedom that I've done had a karaoke host. This last time was a flamboyant, cross-dressing Korean dude named Kim that was literally one of the funniest people I've ever met in my life.

I like having a karaoke host; they know what they are doing.

If the hosts prevented karaoke from being taken over by a small group only doing what their little group wants might prefer a host.

To often we have seen little kids singing over and over again at night emptying the room or a couple of terrible singers going up over and over also emptying the room and not allowing others to get their turn without waiting forever.

I heard this was in the works a couple of months ago.....

Entertainment staff routinely fill in now...looks like it will just an additional duty instead of just filling in.....

as long as they have karaoke....I don't care who "hosts" it. I mean, it isn't like the Radio Shack system they use is going to make anyone sound that great anyway.....

the good karaoke hosts will simply become Entertainment Staff....

If the hosts prevented karaoke from being taken over by a small group only doing what their little group wants might prefer a host.

To often we have seen little kids singing over and over again at night emptying the room or a couple of terrible singers going up over and over also emptying the room and not allowing others to get their turn without waiting forever.

I agree about the kids...they have their own karaoke at Camp Carnival.

I have no problems with a "family hour"...so that Grandma and Grandpa can hear little Johnny since a song...but the rest of the time should be adult only and usually is on the cruises we have been on the past couple of years....

Every Carnival cruise I've been on has had a dedicated karaoke host, and almost all of them became annoying by the end of the cruise. They all have their own schtick routines they do, and if you go more than once, it gets old.

But, with that said, there does need to be SOMEONE there, and I like the idea that they will change up who does it each night. And, that will probably save Carnival some $$, which seems to be the theme of things right now.

Hey JaBee:

We saw where you were going on another Triumph cruise Oct 16. We sooooooo loved the one we were on with you guys in March. It was wonderful...and you were great with Kareoke and the legends show. We need to plan another one of those trips again sometime. We had the best time with the meet-and-greet--what a great bunch of people! We are going on a 5-day on Carnival Ecstasy Jan 8 and trying to talk our family into an 8-day on Magic later in 2011. Whey don't you guys come join us? It's just a little farther down I-10, you know. Anyway, it sounds like you guys are still having fun cruising. We are sure they will somehow continue Kareoke on the shorter cruises--maybe you could host one!

Here's hoping we cruise again together sometime. Bon Voyage!

I haven't done karaoke on the last several cruises. The sound systems are horrible and even the dedicated host don't seem to know how to mix. Yes, someone that knows what they are doing can make the participant sound better. It's a matter of picking up the singers strengths and weaknesses and tweeking the low, mid rang or highs on the vocals as needed. Use of echo helps with those that are really weak if not used to the extreme. If the dedicated host can't mix, it can only get worse with someone not familiar with the equipment. Glad that isn't the high point of my cruise.

Both cruises on the Freedom that I've done had a karaoke host. This last time was a flamboyant, cross-dressing Korean dude named Kim that was literally one of the funniest people I've ever met in my life.

I like having a karaoke host; they know what they are doing.

He is hysterical! Was with us on the Estacy when we were fogged out of port for an additional day and they pulled him out of bed to entertain us. Totally made a crazy day fun.

I'll gladly take more comedy over Karaoke or the Talent Show on every cruise. Thank gawd my DW doesn't make me sit through those sessions any longer! (She drags my poor DD with her!)

I'd even volunteer to help wash dishes in the galley rather than to hear some of the passengers perform(?)... or in some cases, pepper their "act" with a nice religious overtone. :rolleyes:

I remember the host that said "Vacation" repeatedly. I agree, it did get tiring after awhile.

Anyone remember the karaoke host who always said "lurv"? He would say something like let the singer feel the lurv or show some lurv. I thought this K.A. was very entertaining and fun. I can't remember for sure, but I think he may have been on the Imagination in 2006.

Archived