Switching Rooms

We are going on the Navigator this Sat. with our two kids and another family of four. We each booked two rooms so that me and my husband could have a room, the other couple could have a room and then our son and their son would share and our daughter and their would share. Of course, we couldn't book it that way. So, my question is-which is easier-to actually switch up rooms (change seapass cards) once we are on board or just get extra room keys but still use the original seapasses for everything else? Does that make sense? Please help!

We are going on the Navigator this Sat. with our two kids and another family of four. We each booked two rooms so that me and my husband could have a room, the other couple could have a room and then our son and their son would share and our daughter and their would share. Of course, we couldn't book it that way. So, my question is-which is easier-to actually switch up rooms (change seapass cards) once we are on board or just get extra room keys but still use the original seapasses for everything else? Does that make sense? Please help!

Once onboard go to guest relations and they will help you sort this out, as it's done all the time..Enjoy..From one Ky. girl to another !!!!

Why didnt you just book as you wanted it?

We switched rooms on Liberty a couple of weeks ago. The only (very minor) issue was that we were told we needed to come back after sail-away to do this. Then after sail-away, we were told we needed to come back in another hour...something related to government bureaucracy somehow. Once we got the time right, there was no problem at all. You could tell they did this regularly.

It depends on the ages of your children and the location of the cabins.

If the cabins that you want the kids to be in by themselves are more than a couple of cabins away, they may not let you switch. They didn't let us on the Mariner, and these were 20 year olds, and the cabin was 8 away from ours.

We pretty much did as you are planning on our Alaska cruise, booked 4 rooms and put an adult in each and a child and once on board simply went to the pursors desk and asked for a few extra keys. The cruisecard stayed the same we just had additional room keys.

Why didnt you just book as you wanted it?

The kids are underage, so we couldn't book them in their own rooms....

Thank you for all of your replies...I guess I will ask them to switch us but if that doesn't work, we will just ask for extra keys. Also, if they do switch you, does all of your information show up on the new seapass card-such as your C&A status and table number?

I was so glad you asked this question, because we will be doing the same thing this weekend. We leave on The Freedom on 11/21/10. We have two kids ages 16 and 12. We booked two cabins one adult and one child to a cabin. Our travel agent told us it would be no problem to switch once we were on the ship. I guess we'll soon find out. :D

The kids are underage, so we couldn't book them in their own rooms....

Thank you for all of your replies...I guess I will ask them to switch us but if that doesn't work, we will just ask for extra keys. Also, if they do switch you, does all of your information show up on the new seapass card-such as your C&A status and table number?

I was so glad you asked this question, because we will be doing the same thing this weekend. We leave on The Freedom on 11/21/10. We have two kids ages 16 and 12. We booked two cabins one adult and one child to a cabin. Our travel agent told us it would be no problem to switch once we were on the ship. I guess we'll soon find out. :D

It's no problem to switch once you are onboard, BUT as long as the kids cabin is next to or across from the parents, then they can be booked that way and save all the switching once onboard. If the rooms that are booked are not next to or across from the parents, I don't think I'd want my kids left in their own cabin anyway!!

Archived