CCL Stock

Embracedbylife

Is $41 high to purchase stock at? I've been hoping it would come back down to $34 or so, but now I'm thinking I should just bite the bullet. I'm not really someone who buys stocks but I was thinking of it to start getting the OBC for our cruise in May. I can just wait to see if it goes down, but I was just curious if anyone has any thoughts on this! Also, do you just buy it from a broker or can you just do it online with a credit card number? Thanks for your suggestions!

Is $41 high to purchase stock at? I've been hoping it would come back down to $34 or so, but now I'm thinking I should just bite the bullet. I'm not really someone who buys stocks but I was thinking of it to start getting the OBC for our cruise in May. I can just wait to see if it goes down, but I was just curious if anyone has any thoughts on this! Also, do you just buy it from a broker or can you just do it online with a credit card number? Thanks for your suggestions!

I would not pay that. :eek:

Paid $17

I just purchased last year at $39 because I wasn't aware until then about the onboard credits. (thank you Cruise Critic) With $500 in cruise credits in just a couple of years I am happy. I see it as a large dividend rather than an profit on price since you are probably holding it long term.

With most cruises running fully sold out, and Princess economic projections looking very good, I'd say you might want to buy before it goes up further. I bought ours from online broker TD Ameritrade when they allowed the first purchase for free - no startup costs and no commissions.

The other alternative is to wait until the price drops substantially (who knows when that might be), but you will be losing your OBC and annual dividends in the meantime.

The stock market is always a gamble, but if you plan on cruising a lot CCL stock seems like a good one.

After their last earnings report, my broker that they would go to about $44. It was about $36 at the time. Sure enough, it just went a little above $44. It came back down a buck or two this past week, but nothing drastic. I'm glad I bought earlier this year. Plan to hold onto my shares for awhile and reap a few dividends.

I bought ours at $18.23 a share. I told my DH that we only have to do 20 seven day cruises to get our money back. So far we have done 7 with one upcoming 7 day and one 10 day.

My broker wants me to sell that stock and take the huge gain. I informed him that I did not buy it to make a quick buck, I bought it to recieve OBC on all the cruises we go on. :D

I got mine at $27, and am glad I bought when I did .... have used the OBC several times so far.

I don't consider 100 shares of CCL stock as an investment in the usual sense. I'm not looking to make a huge profit on it, but I'm happy that the share price has been rising overall .

My purchase was for the OBC benefit, with which I am slowly recouping the cost while doing something I love .... cruising. If I cruise enough, some day I may actually recoup the full amount I spent.

So for us newbies - what is the deal with the OBC credits for shareholders, and is it available internationally (Canada) or just for US passengers?:confused:

The Shareholder credit is available to anyone. Here is the link to the full description:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9NDIyNzh8Q2hpbGRJRD0tMXxUeXBlPTM=&t=1

Susquehanna Raises the Price Target on Carnival Corporation (CCL), Maintains Positive Rating

10:33 am ET 11/16/2010- StreetInsider

Susquehanna Positive rating on Carnival Corporation (NYSE: CCL) remains while the firm raises the price target on the company to $51 from its previous price of $45. The firm is also reporting that they are lowering their EPS estimates for FY2010 $0.01 to $2.52, while FY2011 EPS estimates decreased $0.04 to $3.07. Susquehanna feels that their original estimates did not match the current markets currency level, with the dollar decreasing ~6% and the price of crude oil rose ~8% since September 21.

The firm reported that, "Our increased $51 target is based on a P/E of 16.7x our 2011 EPS forecast of $3.07. Our target valuation multiple is consistent with where CCL shares traded in the early phase of the industry

s recovery in late 2003 and reflects expectations for a more robust recovery in yields and EPS."

For more ratings news on Carnival Corporation click here and for the rating history of Carnival Corporation click here.

Shares of Carnival Corporation closed at $42.12 yesterday, with a 52 week range of $29.66-$44.75.

Susquehanna Raises the Price Target on Carnival Corporation (CCL), Maintains Positive Rating

Susquehanna Positive rating on Carnival Corporation (NYSE: CCL) remains while the firm raises the price target on the company to $51 from its previous price of $45. The firm is also reporting that they are lowering their EPS estimates for FY2010 $0.01 to $2.52, while FY2011 EPS estimates decreased $0.04 to $3.07. Susquehanna feels that their original estimates did not match the current markets currency level, with the dollar decreasing ~6% and the price of crude oil rose ~8% since September 21.

The firm reported that, "Our increased $51 target is based on a P/E of 16.7x our 2011 EPS forecast of $3.07. Our target valuation multiple is consistent with where CCL shares traded in the early phase of the industry

s recovery in late 2003 and reflects expectations for a more robust recovery in yields and EPS."

For more ratings news on Carnival Corporation click here and for the rating history of Carnival Corporation click here.

Shares of Carnival Corporation closed at $42.12 yesterday, with a 52 week range of $29.66-$44.75.

Just remember these people do not have a Crystal ball. I would say the have a 50% chance of being correct.

My advise to you would don't buy it for the OBC unless you cruise several times a year. That being said I would try using http://www.sharebuilder.com/ and purchasing $1000 or so at a time. (Google dollar cost averaging) I have never used sharebuilder and don't know if the commissions would kill you. Whatever you do make sure you are using money that you do not need in the next few years.

When purchasing CCL the price should be that which, when calculating the OBC benefits, would represent a fair return to you. How often you receive the OBC due to your CCL holding is part of that calculation. Regardless of the current market price, i.e., paper profit, you cannot sell it without losing out on the OBC.

Special request to Canadian holders of CCL: Can you advise how one can purchase CCL without having to go through the set up and related costs of an entire trading account? The US has areas like ING but we do not.

Thanks Leslie - makes me wish I had of just gotten it then, but I'll wait and see! :)

Archived