Where are my RCCL Monarch cruisers

Denise2000

Do tell the experience you had cruising the Monarch of the Sea. Will be getting married May 4, 2011 in the Bahamas and this is my first time ever cruising! So excited but anxious at the same time. Do you have any pictures of the lounges or chapel? Inquiring mind wants to know...

Do tell the experience you had cruising the Monarch of the Sea. Will be getting married May 4, 2011 in the Bahamas and this is my first time ever cruising! So excited but anxious at the same time. Do you have any pictures of the lounges or chapel? Inquiring mind wants to know...

me and my hubby will be going on monarch in 2 weeks I will let you know how it was when we get back!!

Best wishes –

We sailed the Monarch a few times. There are several on these boards who have loat of sailings on this ship. I hope they will chime in.

She is an older ship – with few of the new bells and whistles – but a fun time. Staff is great. I don’t recall a chapel on the ship. I have seen weddings held in the Viking Lounge ( a nice setting) or in other conference areas.

M

Another Monarch fan here. Loved the ship. The service was outstanding. Yes she is "older" and doesnt have all the "bells and whistles" but I cant use most of those anyway .

If nothing else, the Monarch hooked me on Royal Caribbean and i cant wait to get on board her again. Perfect, affordable short getaway.

Another Monarch fan here. Loved the ship. The service was outstanding. Yes she is "older" and doesnt have all the "bells and whistles" but I cant use most of those anyway .

If nothing else, the Monarch hooked me on Royal Caribbean and i cant wait to get on board her again. Perfect, affordable short getaway.

Big ditto here. Monarch is the ship that got us hooked on cruising.:) The staff are wonderful, food more than adequate, cabin : big enough. I am sure RCCL will go all out to make your day as special as possible.

Monarch of the Seas: oldie but goodie, will always be our benchmark for other ships

My wife and i took our virgin cruise on June 28 on the Monarch. we did the 4 day itinerary with her family. the ship isn't the newest, but it was an awesome time. we enjoyed ourselves so much , we took the 3 day trip on August 20 for our 5 year anniversary. the monarch got us hooked on cruising, so we've booked a cruise on the radiance in january. the staff of the monarch goes above and beyond, the food was amazing, cocoa cay was heavenly. congrats on your wedding, and enjoy your cruise!

We love the Monarch. Here is a link to my review with lots of pics from July of this year.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1246897

Hi Bionicman,

I can upgrade to deck 9 ocean view from deck 6 ov on the Monarch for $20. When I look at the available cabins they all say obstructed view. Was your view obstructed? Are all the views listed that way?

Congratulations on your wedding Denise2000! You guys will have a great time. Monarch is a wonderful ship, she is a Sovereign Class ship, along with her sisters, Sovereign, and Majesty of the Seas. When they were designed the Sovereign (the first of the three) was the largest cruise ship in the world. The are "small" ships compared to some of the giants of today but we have sailed on them several times and really enjoyed it.

When the ships were designed, they focused on the public spaces and made the cabins smaller. So be prepared the rooms are tiny! If you think you are going to open your stateroom door and expect to see a "normal" hotel room you are in for a shock. Don't worry they aren't so small you will feel claustrophobic or anything but they are very small. We did a back to back cruise, first on Freedom of the Seas and then on Sovereign and it was amazing how much smaller the rooms were on Sovereign.

The public spaces on the ship are very nice. The Sovereign ships were the first to feature RCCL's now signature Centrum. Boleros Lounge on Deck 7 is very nice and is usually not very crowded. It is unique in that it has glass walls on both sides of the ship and offers nice views. Only the Viking Crown Lounge (the UFO looking thing on the back of the ship) offers better views.

One word of warning, both my wife and I did our first cruises on Sovereign Class ships and got totally hooked on cruising. So when you go and get hooked, don't say we didn't warn you.

bionicman97's pictures are excellent.

Have a great cruise!

Hi Bionicman,

I can upgrade to deck 9 ocean view from deck 6 ov on the Monarch for $20. When I look at the available cabins they all say obstructed view. Was your view obstructed? Are all the views listed that way?

Upgrade the views are great you only cannot look down because the life boat are below you. Deck 9 cabins are bigger, have a safe & Frig. Picture taken from 9504 first 3 forward cabins have best view but none are bad.

CIMG0040.jpg.e6bb9685be2f29635e4ec983b60163a1.jpg

CIMG0042.jpg.8480afd709f88b632b38efd17169f57c.jpg

CIMG0041.jpg.9e753f12a8def11cee96f066eaae0384.jpg

Upgrade the views are great you only cannot look down because the life boat are below you. Deck 9 cabins are bigger, have a safe & Frig. Picture taken from 9504 first 3 forward cabins have best view but none are bad.

Thanks so much. I have upgraded and am really happy about the extra space, fridge and safe.:)

Boleros Lounge on Deck 7 is very nice and is usually not very crowded. It is unique in that it has glass walls on both sides of the ship and offers nice views.

Boleros on Monarch is a very busy and crowded venue where the CD's staff keeps you entertained. We have been on a few times this year and it just keeps getting better and better!!! Can you say Mojito? Really looking forward to being on board next month!

I will agree with others...the monarch is older a ship but loved the ship. The crew was really nice was my best waiters I have ever had...close behind was the empress and that ship is not in the fleet anymore.

My son and his new wife just in Oct did their honeymoon also on this ship and just fell in love with cruises!

Now the size for the inside cabin...yes yikes was smaller then I expected...since I had an inside cabin on the Empress which was a smaller ship was not prepared for the size of this room...but made do just had to do different with our suitcases and how we put things away.

Thanks Everyone for your feedback and I am so excited to begin this new chapter in my life! I were hesitant at first to get married on the boat and even looked at getting married on the beach but your feedback reassured me that shipboard would be best!

The pictures looked great Bionicman97! Thanks for sharing.

Archived