Crown Princess just back

Lotsacruising

We are leaving on the Crown this Saturday. I have a couple of questions:

Were there 2 formal nights on your 7-day cruise?

Was there an Island Night Party on the top deck, or was there a White Night Party instead?

Thanks,

David

Yes, two formal nights and they were on the evenings of our sea days. I usually do the tux and the DW gowns but this trip, no. We dressed nicely and I wore a tie and jacket. We were in the middle of the dress code. There is an Island Night Party the night of Roatan. The bad part is that it starts around 10:00 PM and the good tours to the Mayan ruins meet at 7:00 AM. A very early morning. So, we did not go to the party. Looked like it was well attended and a lot of fun.

Bill

Yes, two formal nights and they were on the evenings of our sea days. I usually do the tux and the DW gowns but this trip, no. We dressed nicely and I wore a tie and jacket. We were in the middle of the dress code. There is an Island Night Party the night of Roatan. The bad part is that it starts around 10:00 PM and the good tours to the Mayan ruins meet at 7:00 AM. A very early morning. So, we did not go to the party. Looked like it was well attended and a lot of fun.

Bill

Thanks for the info.:)

David

What is a White Night Party?

As others have stated, it's a deck party where everyone wears white. We had a White Night Party on a 10-day Caribbean cruise on the Ruby last year instead of an Island Night Party. The cruise director told us it was a new idea tried out on the Ruby on its Mediterranean cruises that year.

David

Is that the same scooter lady that can be found on every cruise.
Who knows? There was a very rude woman on a scooter on our cruise on the Crown in September. She never looked where she was going, would back up and run into people, ran over people in the Lido, etc. One night, we were in the Adagio Lounge for a pre-dinner drink, and she was there with some other people. She left to go to the Ladies Room, nearly running into a waiter with a tray full of drinks, and when she came back, her dress was caught in her panties. One very kind woman in our group went up to her to tell her in private although I begged her not to.

As others have stated, it's a deck party where everyone wears white. We had a White Night Party on a 10-day Caribbean cruise on the Ruby last year instead of an Island Night Party. The cruise director told us it was a new idea tried out on the Ruby on its Mediterranean cruises that year.

David

I have heard of several ships doing this (on other lines - Celebrity in particular). I really wish they would tell people so they know to bring white!

It sounds like this scooter lady gives a bad name to others who ride scooters and never hit anyone or are rude. My mom always rides one as she can't walk and would never even think of using her horn. Mom has a heck of a time getting on an elevator because able bodied people pratically crawl over her to get in before her. Her scooter just doesnt do stairs well.

This scooter lady on your cruise makes me mad. Please know all people in scooters don't act this way.

Who knows? There was a very rude woman on a scooter on our cruise on the Crown in September. She never looked where she was going, would back up and run into people, ran over people in the Lido, etc. One night, we were in the Adagio Lounge for a pre-dinner drink, and she was there with some other people. She left to go to the Ladies Room, nearly running into a waiter with a tray full of drinks, and when she came back, her dress was caught in her panties. One very kind woman in our group went up to her to tell her in private although I begged her not to.

Pam, you're an evil, evil woman. No wonder I like you so much!

You, too, Keith: a box of nails. Genius, I tell you.

This scooter lady on your cruise makes me mad. Please know all people in scooters don't act this way.
Even though we're recounting stories, most of us are well aware that there are people in scooters by necessity who are considerate and manage very well without constantly beeping and/or running people over. I get mad at those who rush to get into an elevator before someone with a walker, wheelchair or scooter or make it difficult for them to maneuver. I've been known to stand in front of an elevator and not let these jerks in until those who need assistance get in.

Pam, you're an evil, evil woman. No wonder I like you so much!

You, too, Keith: a box of nails. Genius, I tell you.

Back atcha.

My husband and I were on the same cruise. Yep, know what you mean about scooter lady. We'd always hear the "Beep,beep,Beep beep" of her horn and wondered if she would actually run into you if you didn't move out of her way. :)

After years of dealing with people at Disney Parks who think that strollers are weapons... I kinda wish I was on this cruise to make her life as difficult as possible!

People like that will not change. Our only hope is to make them even more miserable than they already are so that they won't book another cruise! (or go into a crowd with a stroller!)

The shows were good and I am not a song and dance type of person. The main shows were at 8:30 and 10:30 and on two nights at 7:00 and 9:00 on Monday and one other night.

Thanks so much for all the info, especially show times. That's very helpful for our planning purposes. We're really looking forward to this one with our family.

Thank you for the comments. We too are leaving on the Crown Dec. 4. My husband and I remember you... It's 5:00 Somewhere... from the 2008 Mexican Riviera cruise on the Golden. Small world! :o

Aloha! Nice to see you. I have to confess that cruise is a little foggy to me, as we had just gotten some very bad news (about our doggy) immediately before leaving and that pretty much dominated our thoughts the entire week. In fact, after seeing your note I pulled out the photos of that trip and was surprised how much I had forgotten; but I can remember the cruise just a few months before that with crystal clarity. Strange what the mind can do.

But, I do remember meeting some wonderful people on that trip, including at a little CC meet and greet, and I definitely remember your name ..., but I'm afraid the details completely escape me at the moment. I'm sorry the memory is a little fuzzy. But, it's always nice to see former fellow passengers from a cruise. Hopefully we'll meet up on the high seas once again in the future. :D

I know exactly the couple you are talking about!!!! Did you see her DANCE all over the ship??? She reminded me of Elaine on Seinfeld!!! The cruise staff I am sure was sick of her!!! Poor thing look aneroxic!!

Had wonderful cruise, the food was top notch!! Nice suprise was the lobster claws most nights upstairs!!!

Archived