B2B Laundry Issues

lochncup

I assume you mean no self service laundry on the ship. That would leave two choice. First, you can have the ship do your laundry. Princess sometimes has a special everything that fits in a bag for $20. The other choice would be to find a laundramat in a port.

I am not sure which cruise lines have passenger laundries. I know Princess has one or more laundry rooms on all ships.

You will have almost all day on the "turnaround" to grab a cab and find a laundy...that's what I'd do, most likely I think the laundry prices are high, especially if you have to wash everything...a shirt or two won't break the bank, but a full load....

Carnival has self-laundries.....and I think it's great! I love being able to wash a few things as we go along!

Carnival has self-service on all ships and usually sister stays on the ship in at least 1 port and does laundry if needed. We bring our own dryer sheets because they only have liquid on the ship. It's about $3.00 to wash and $3.00 to dry, but you can get 2 loads of wash in 1 dryer.

Even for our 16 day TA with 4 days pre-cruise in Barcelona I'm still only bringing 6 or 7 outfits. Just one regular size bag and a carry on.

Edit: That price sounds a bit high.......maybe it's more like $1.75, but the 2 loads to a dryer is for sure. I don't like those 3n1 Purell sheets, I don't think the static cling part of it works real well. I still use them for the detergent, but then I use the Bounce dryer sheets.

I also pack one of those Sham-Wow absorbent towels to wash undies in the cabin, ring them out with a towel, the roll them up in the sham and they will hang dry within the hour.

doing B2B in December and planning to use Laundry service to have hubbys pants cleaned and pressed, but really we bring enough clothes other than maybe some lingere to wash-out in the sink--definitely dont want to be spending MY TIME doing laundry.

Thinking more about finding a laudramat in port. I would think alot before doing that. You are unlikely to find one in the nice part of town. If you throw in a couple of cab rides, you wind up spending close to what the ship would charge you.

Thinking more about finding a laudramat in port. I would think alot before doing that. You are unlikely to find one in the nice part of town. If you throw in a couple of cab rides, you wind up spending close to what the ship would charge you.

Gotta agree with you on this. First off finding a place might take some time, throw in the cost of a cab, cost of laundry and all the time spent doing the laundry and lunch while you are waiting you are probably much better off just using the onboard laundry service.

i just got off a b2b- i took advantage of the stuff a bag for undies and tee shirts- 25.00 i sent stuff to the laundry three times- each item around 4 dollars - my bill for the two wks was under the 100 the airlines would have charged me for a third bag-

i would send the laundry out one morning and it would be returned the next day by dinner time.

we had originally thought about getting off and finding a laundramat- but the whole idea of a b2b is to enjoy the few hrs when the ship is empty

doing another b2b in feb and will do the same thing.

Don't even think about trying to do the laundry yourself onshore. You are paying a lot of money to enjoy yourself so don't spend time running around to do laundry. Use the on-board laundry service for durable items and wash delicates in your sink and hang them in the shower. We did that on a 17 day cruise and everyone only had 1 medium suitcase apiece plus a small carry-on.

Kirk

Great ideas for laundry on B2B cruises...the same would apply to us for our upcoming 14 night cruise...we plan to pack very light, as if we were going on a 7 day cruise, and use everything a few times and do laundry in between. Personally I don't like the idea of using a laundromat in port.

We will be cruising on Oceania's Insignia that has a self-service laundry. So between using that and sending out things to the ship's cleaners we plan to manage.

After many trips carrying way too much luggage, and coming back with lots of "unworn" clothing...we are ready to give "light packing" a try.

Archived