Trying to reserve Steakhouse on Dream but no response..

daisy7113

We sail the Dream Jan 8 and at least 3 weeks ago we sent to make a reservation for the steakhouse. We have yet to hear anything and today DH called Carnival about it and they basically said they couldn't help. We might not receive an email confirmation and that we need to check as soon as we board. Has anyone else had trouble booking Steakhouse?

Yes, I have had the same problem. I sent in the request over a month ago. About a week ago, I e-mailed Guest Services at CCL. I got back a response saying that it was too early for them to contact me - we would hear about a week before sailing. (12/23) It only took Guest Services a few hours to get back. I actually mailed in 2 requests - one thru my reservation, and then a week later one thru the reservation button on John Heald's blog. My BIL, who is sailing with us, also mailed in a reservation request a few weeks ago, after I hadn't heard. He has also heard nothing. I guess we just have to be patient.

We sail the Dream Jan 8 and at least 3 weeks ago we sent to make a reservation for the steakhouse. We have yet to hear anything and today DH called Carnival about it and they basically said they couldn't help. We might not receive an email confirmation and that we need to check as soon as we board. Has anyone else had trouble booking Steakhouse?

Some times you never get a response but when you go check on it, they have the reservation. It is not really anything to worry about, you can go the first day and almost always get a reservation for the day of your choice.

I booked my Oct. 30 Dream cruise last Nov. In Jan. I put in a steakhouse request, I submitted another request in June and another in Sept., I received my confirmation for the requested time within 2 weeks of the sailing. I wouldn't worry, it does work.

BTW, I requested for Thursday night (sea day) at 7:30pm, anyone could have walked in that night, there were only about 10 tables in there that night.

Some times you never get a response but when you go check on it, they have the reservation. It is not really anything to worry about, you can go the first day and almost always get a reservation for the day of your choice.

This happened to us for our first time requesting a reservation. We never received a reply, but we were on the list once we boarded. As we looked at the list while the employee was checking, there were plenty of openings. No worries, have a wonderful cruise.

Most of the time I get no response. I have on one occassion booked a second time, still no response. But my reservations were always there when I boarded. I gave up worrying about it and called when I was onboard. They even figured out that I didn't want two reservations- only the one.

Archived