Time change on recent Conquest W. Carib. cruise

blyle

I'm hoping someone who has recently sailed the W. Carib on the Conquest , could tell me if you stayed on Houston time the entire cruise or changed your clocks for Grand Cayman. I have a private excursion and need to know if I need to be out early since G. Cayman does not change.

I'm hoping someone who has recently sailed the W. Carib on the Conquest , could tell me if you stayed on Houston time the entire cruise or changed your clocks for Grand Cayman. I have a private excursion and need to know if I need to be out early since G. Cayman does not change.

Let your excursion operator know which ship you are on. They will make sure that they are there when you get there. Also for you purposes find out what time the excursion starts local time and do the conversion yourself. Generally the ship is going to be on Central time and GC is on eastern time. Looking at the itinerary you should arrive in GC at 8:30 local time 7:30 ships time.

Best to let the operator know the ship.

The Port website for Grand Cayman will also allow you to see what time the port is expecting them, and you can look historically to see what time they showed up, or even if they missed the port:

http://www.caymanport.com/shipschedules.php

I have been on a number of Western Caribbean cruises from Central US time zones, and they all adjusted ship time to local time (e.g. Grand Cayman when DST wasn't in effect), but it could vary.

Best to let the operator know the ship.

The Port website for Grand Cayman will also allow you to see what time the port is expecting them, and you can look historically to see what time they showed up, or even if they missed the port:

http://www.caymanport.com/shipschedules.php

I have been on a number of Western Caribbean cruises from Central US time zones, and they all adjusted ship time to local time (e.g. Grand Cayman when DST wasn't in effect), but it could vary.

Someone once explained the reason behind this to me (and I have forgotten) but I wish that there was a consistent policy in this regard. We have been on cruises where they always stay on ships time, some where they changed at every port and some where it seemed (although I am not sure) where they changed for a specific port.

We just got back off of the Conquest (11/21) and you will stay on Galveston time the whole cruise. I have yet to go on a cruise where the ship's time changed with the different ports of call. You are always on "ship's" time and that time will stay with the time in which you sailed away.

it would be interesting to see the Capers/Fun Times from those cruises.

I may try to upload a few of them to my Flickr account a bit later. I am in the process of writing a very long review (4 parts). I have parts 1 and 2 already posted on my blog in case anyone is interested. I am not sure what the policy is for posting links in this discussion board. :confused:

I may try to upload a few of them to my Flickr account a bit later. I am in the process of writing a very long review (4 parts). I have parts 1 and 2 already posted on my blog in case anyone is interested. I am not sure what the policy is for posting links in this discussion board. :confused:[/quI

I have seen links before......Blyle and I are on the Conquest this saunday.....or you can send the link to my e-mail donnaingold@att.net

Thank you...

I may try to upload a few of them to my Flickr account a bit later. I am in the process of writing a very long review (4 parts). I have parts 1 and 2 already posted on my blog in case anyone is interested. I am not sure what the policy is for posting links in this discussion board. :confused:[/quI

I have seen links before......Blyle and I are on the Conquest this saunday.....or you can send the link to my e-mail donnaingold@att.net

Thank you...

Here you go. I have just finished and posted part 3 as well. Carnival Conquest Review

Thanks! The last time we sailed we changed our watches to Cayman time and others from another ship had not done so. I was just hoping that I would not have to be up extra early but maybe I won't be able to avoid it!

Did the Conquest do the eastern or Western Carib last week?

Thanks! The last time we sailed we changed our watches to Cayman time and others from another ship had not done so. I was just hoping that I would not have to be up extra early but maybe I won't be able to avoid it!

Did the Conquest do the eastern or Western Carib last week?

We were on the Western last week.

Archived