December Crown and Anchor amenities

Last year it was the biggest damp squib since Guy Fawkes.:D:D

On a B2B we received one pen between two and two badges first leg and two pens (one each) and two badges on the second leg. Now, it's very nice to get anything really, but all the fuss and anticipation for that? Hmm........I am sounding ungrateful, but being realistic. It was all a bit of a letdown!! I have to say, it did give us much amusement in the Lounge.

Hoping for better this year. Not bothered about extra credits as we are now D+ and the only things we are interested in, are using the private lounges during the day and the cappucinos:D:D

We were invited to a tea with Senior Officers. A couple of officers, Hotel Director etc. greeted us at the entrance, never to be seen again:D

Nice tea though;)

Last year it was the biggest damp squib since Guy Fawkes.:D:D

On a B2B we received one pen between two and two badges first leg and two pens (one each) and two badges on the second leg. Now, it's very nice to get anything really, but all the fuss and anticipation for that? Hmm........I am sounding ungrateful, but being realistic. It was all a bit of a letdown!! I have to say, it did give us much amusement in the Lounge.

Hoping for better this year. Not bothered about extra credits as we are now D+ and the only things we are interested in, are using the private lounges during the day and the cappucinos:D:D

We were invited to a tea with Senior Officers. A couple of officers, Hotel Director etc. greeted us at the entrance, never to be seen again:D

Nice tea though;)

Even though you are D+ it will depend on what ship you are cruising on in the month of December as to whether there is a lounge or not.

There will be two!! We usually only use the Diamond Lounge as it is lovely. The CL is rather claustrophobic.

Wouldn't go on an RCI ship without a private lounge. That is the attraction of RCI for us.

I am beginning to think that this Diamond December event rather depends on the effort any particular ship makes. Seems rather surprising that its not standard on all ships.

There will be two!! We usually only use the Diamond Lounge as it is lovely. The CL is rather claustrophobic.

Wouldn't go on an RCI ship without a private lounge. That is the attraction of RCI for us.

I am beginning to think that this Diamond December event rather depends on the effort any particular ship makes. Seems rather surprising that its not standard on all ships.

Last year the only folks that earned an extra cruise credit during the month of December were those pax sailing on Oasis and it didn't matter what level you were in C&A.

We were on Radiance last year and agree with what you are saying........it wasn't anything special. Sailing on Enchantment this December, so we shall see what we are in store for.

Last year the only folks that earned an extra cruise credit during the month of December were those pax sailing on Oasis and it didn't matter what level you were in C&A.

We were on Radiance last year and agree with what you are saying........it wasn't anything special. Sailing on Enchantment this December, so we shall see what we are in store for.

In 9 days we're on the Brilliance (first time on this ship) -- and wondering if the Concierge Lounge serves lunch or even snacks at embarkation time (first day) so we don't have to deal with the crowds at the Windjammer...? (We're Diamond "only" but in a GS, so we can use the CL. It was open for lunch on boarding day for us on the Oasis in January, when we were also in a suite.)

Or is there a more intimate place Diamond can go for the first lunch?

Is there also a Diamond Lounge on this ship?

And what is the "Yacht Club" across from the CL on the deck plan?

Thanks for any insights and advice!

We enjoyed the extras received last December, the pens were very nice quality, a discount for laundry, treats in the evenings, an invitation to dine with the Captain, extra cards at Bingo, a fridge magnet, good deals on future cruises, etc.

Looking forward to our cruise later this month :D

###

In 9 days we're on the Brilliance (first time on this ship) -- and wondering if the Concierge Lounge serves lunch or even snacks at embarkation time (first day) so we don't have to deal with the crowds at the Windjammer...? (We're Diamond "only" but in a GS, so we can use the CL. It was open for lunch on boarding day for us on the Oasis in January, when we were also in a suite.)

Or is there a more intimate place Diamond can go for the first lunch?

Is there also a Diamond Lounge on this ship?

And what is the "Yacht Club" across from the CL on the deck plan?

Thanks for any insights and advice!

On Radiance class ships, the only place offering lunch on embarkation day will be the Windjammer.......for all guests.

Radiance class ships do not have a Diamond Lounge per se, but a nightly Diamond Event........though that will change when the Radiance goes into Dry Dock in May of 2011.

The Yacht Club is just a quiet area with couches and chairs outside of the CL. It could also be a hot spot for internet usage.

Oasis is a class unique unto itself and unlike any other class of ship in the fleet. You were definitely spoiled on Oasis.

On Radiance class ships, the only place offering lunch on embarkation day will be the Windjammer.......for all guests.

Radiance class ships do not have a Diamond Lounge per se, but a nightly Diamond Event........though that will change when the Radiance goes into Dry Dock in May of 2011.

The Yacht Club is just a quiet area with couches and chairs outside of the CL. It could also be a hot spot for internet usage.

Oasis is a class unique unto itself and unlike any other class of ship in the fleet. You were definitely spoiled on Oasis.

Thanks a million, cruisenfever!

The Oasis CL's hot served breakfasts and lunches (and the evening hot hors d'oeuvres and champagne) were a really special touch that we appreciated -- especially on that often too-chaotic-for-us ship. ;) And we'd splurged for one of those Aqua Theatre Suites, so we had lots of room for in-room dining, too.... Not sure if there's really much space for room service breakfast in the BoS GS :confused: -- but we have the GS with the extra-huge balcony next to the elevators, so we could put our coats on and eat there. (We've done that before on X in Russia!)

Do you know if BoS has hot breakfast and lunch -- or ANY breakfast and lunch? We gave up the BoS' singe aft corner JS to have a GS primarily for the CL access -- but I fear we were too fondly remembering the Oasis CL when we did this.... :eek:

Again, THANKS for your kind response.

Mary-Lou

The Oasis CL's hot served breakfasts and lunches (and the evening hot hors d'oeuvres and champagne) were a really special touch that we appreciated -- especially on that often too-chaotic-for-us ship. ;) And we'd splurged for one of those Aqua Theatre Suites, so we had lots of room for in-room dining, too.... Not sure if there's really much space for room service breakfast in the BoS GS :confused: -- but we have the GS with the extra-huge balcony next to the elevators, so we could put our coats on and eat there. (We've done that before on X in Russia!)

Do you know if BoS has hot breakfast and lunch -- or ANY breakfast and lunch? We gave up the BoS' singe aft corner JS to have a GS primarily for the CL access -- but I fear we were too fondly remembering the Oasis CL when we did this.... :eek:

Mary-Lou

Oh your welcome Mary-Lou. :) When you ask if Brilliance has hot breakfast and lunch. Do you mean in the CL, then no. It does offer a Continental Breakfast usually from 7-10AM. Since I've not cruised on Brilliance I do not know if they offer any type of sandwiches for lunch or not.

I can tell you that on sea days in the MDR they offer a wonderful salad bar and some other wonderful entrees to try.

Evening cocktail hour is 5-8:30 with the hot and cold hors d'oeuvres and many types of mixed drinks.

You will have plenty of room in your GS to order room service and have breakfast either out on your balcony or in the sitting area inside.

Enjoy your cruise and your GS.

Oh your welcome Mary-Lou. :) When you ask if Brilliance has hot breakfast and lunch. Do you mean in the CL, then no. It does offer a Continental Breakfast usually from 7-10AM. Since I've not cruised on Brilliance I do not know if they offer any type of sandwiches for lunch or not.

I can tell you that on sea days in the MDR they offer a wonderful salad bar and some other wonderful entrees to try.

Evening cocktail hour is 5-8:30 with the hot and cold hors d'oeuvres and many types of mixed drinks.

You will have plenty of room in your GS to order room service and have breakfast either out on your balcony or in the sitting area inside.

Enjoy your cruise and your GS.

The Grand Suite does not have a dining room table - only the counter which is supposed to be the bar, and the coffee table in front of the sofa.

:)

The Grand Suite does not have a dining room table - only the counter which is supposed to be the bar, and the coffee table in front of the sofa.

:)

Yes I know, that's why I often wonder why they leave a daily copy of the MDR menu for in-suite dining......if there is no real place to eat it.:eek:

Yes I know, that's why I often wonder why they leave a daily copy of the MDR menu for in-suite dining......if there is no real place to eat it.:eek:

All they need to do is get a table that can be raised and lowered - they DO exist.

Poor Royal Caribbean - if only they would hire US! ;)

LOVE your comments, dear cruisenfever and Merion_Mom!! :)

I, too, often wonder if the folks who design things ever USE them, as such simple remedies seem so obvious to many of us.

And thanks for alerting me: I'm shocked that the BoS GS doesn't have one of those simple adjustable up-and-down cocktail-tables-to-dining-tables that HAL has in its larger suites -- so it looks as if it's the balcony in our snow-suits or the MDR, which we enjoy for lunch and dinner on any ship on sea days (of which there are several nicely spaced between each country's ports on this great 12-night itinerary R/T BCN with Egypt).

Or maybe we'll get upgraded to an OS with dining table. A few are still available. (Does RCCL offer upgrades like HAL does at the last minute? Everything else seems sold out. And we're happy with our MUCH larger-than-OS balcony.)

The main thing on this sailing is the super itinerary and the fabulous roll call.

Thanks,

Mary-Lou

LOVE your comments, dear cruisenfever and Merion_Mom!! :)

I, too, often wonder if the folks who design things ever USE them, as such simple remedies seem so obvious to many of us.

And thanks for alerting me: I'm shocked that the BoS GS doesn't have one of those simple adjustable up-and-down cocktail-tables-to-dining-tables that HAL has in its larger suites -- so it looks as if it's the balcony in our snow-suits or the MDR, which we enjoy for lunch and dinner on any ship on sea days (of which there are several nicely spaced between each country's ports on this great 12-night itinerary R/T BCN with Egypt).

Or maybe we'll get upgraded to an OS with dining table. A few are still available. (Does RCCL offer upgrades like HAL does at the last minute? Everything else seems sold out. And we're happy with our MUCH larger-than-OS balcony.)

The main thing on this sailing is the super itinerary and the fabulous roll call.

Thanks,

Mary-Lou

Mary-Lou - show them how you feel about the situation - drag the comforter off the queen size bed, wrap it around you and traipse out to the balcony for your dinner on the high-enough table!!!!!!!

:D

Mary-Lou - show them how you feel about the situation - drag the comforter off the queen size bed, wrap it around you and traipse out to the balcony for your dinner on the high-enough table!!!!!!!

:D

If so, I'll post a photo here. ;)

But seriously: I WILL make note on the evaluation form. (Or use the comforter for an in-suite picnic.)

Mary-Lou

What we did in the Grand Suite on the Serenade to facilitate in Suite dining was to bring the large Table and chairs from the balcony into the room for dining. When the Steward cleaned up, he put it back outside for us! ;) Worked great for Breakfast!

We are diamond and sailed on the Oasis Dec 12 and only received one credit.

All they need to do is get a table that can be raised and lowered - they DO exist.

Poor Royal Caribbean - if only they would hire US! ;)

I have often suggested that same idea. When they designed Genesis having input from the long time cruisers would have been fun. I also thought it would have been cool to have a Crown and Anchor Hall on the ship that features art donated by Crown and Anchor Members. One of the things that my wife and I do on every ship we sail is walk the entire ship, it is always fun to explore but we also check out the art on the passageway walls. I have been on several ships and saw "art" and thought, my photos or paintings are better than that.... Anyway, I thought it would be a fun thing to have a hallway (leading to the Diamond Lounge maybe??) that features the art of those who have been "loyal to Royal"

Archived