Alaska, anyone? Possible group cruise in 2012

aggieastrosfan

What month are you looking to go? My husband and I are in the planning stages of an Alaska cruise for September 2012, to see Glacier Bay

Thinking early August, but open to anything during the summer. We have a 5 year old who will start kindergarten at the end of August, so the first week in August is as late as we can go. :(

We are interested, hoping it might be something we can work out. Our youngest starts Kindergarten in August too, then all 3 of my kiddos will be in school! :(:eek:

Thanks Meredith!!! Good to 'see' you too! Have missed you!

I know there's some of you out there, anyone else interested in an Alaska group cruise in 2012?

Dang, already booked for Alaska 2012. Doing Princess this year...:o

We are interested, hoping it might be something we can work out. Our youngest starts Kindergarten in August too, then all 3 of my kiddos will be in school! :(:eek:

Thanks Meredith!!! Good to 'see' you too! Have missed you!

I've been bad neglecting the Magic thread. :o I need to stop by, I know it's been since before the Splendor that I've been over there!

Glad to see some interest, yay!! :) We're definitely doing this trip, just thought it would be more fun with company.

Dang, already booked for Alaska 2012. Doing Princess this year...:o

Our friends just did an Alaska cruise thru Princess this September. :)

I've been bad neglecting the Magic thread. :o I need to stop by, I know it's been since before the Splendor that I've been over there!

Glad to see some interest, yay!! :) We're definitely doing this trip, just thought it would be more fun with company.

Well, we've missed ya! Still crazy over there! :D I'm hoping we can make it work, but will depend on final details some. We promised the kids we'd cruise with them in 2012 & would love to take them to Alaska with us, but I'm not sure how bad airfare or driving for a family of 5 from Houston would be. :rolleyes:

W:oould love to take them to Alaska with us, but I'm not sure how bad airfare or driving for a family of 5 from Houston would be. :rolleyes:

Drive from Houston to Seattle?? :eek: How long is that drive?

Drive from Houston to Seattle?? :eek: How long is that drive?

I have no idea! LOL! We have friends that said 4-5 days, but DH said we could probably do it in less. If we went as all 5 of us, we would have to consider each way & see what would work out to be cheaper, etc. Or just go the 2 of us......:D

Actually, my parents would probably like to go too if we do.

I have no idea! LOL! We have friends that said 4-5 days, but DH said we could probably do it in less. If we went as all 5 of us, we would have to consider each way & see what would work out to be cheaper, etc. Or just go the 2 of us......:D

Actually, my parents would probably like to go too if we do.

I think I've got my in-laws convinced on this one. They said the Southern Caribbean trip on the Victory we did in April would be their last "big" trip, but when Alaska came up, their ears perked up. Once a cruiser, always a cruiser. :D

Me...put me down too. I have been looking into it for a long time and just don'r know how to even start planning for an Alaska trip...I am an island girl.

You and me both! We briefly had an Alaska trip on Princess booked about 5 years ago, and when I went to the Alaska board to scope out options, I was at a loss. This one's going to be a tough one to plan!

Meredith, you already knew this, but lock me in for this one!!! I'm still chuckling about somebody wanting to drive from Houston to Seattle... Good one!!! That's 2400 miles, and a big chunk of that is on some very boring roads. I've been doing it for 16 years now... That's why this cruise is perfect for me... I wake up, short drive to the ferry, one hour later I'm in Seattle and ten minutes later I'm at the ship... Awesome!!!

Meredith, you already knew this, but lock me in for this one!!! I'm still chuckling about somebody wanting to drive from Houston to Seattle... Good one!!! That's 2400 miles, and a big chunk of that is on some very boring roads. I've been doing it for 16 years now... That's why this cruise is perfect for me... I wake up, short drive to the ferry, one hour later I'm in Seattle and ten minutes later I'm at the ship... Awesome!!!

Hey Roy don't forget to update your siggie with the splendor trip in october!! You are missing one!

You and me both! We briefly had an Alaska trip on Princess booked about 5 years ago, and when I went to the Alaska board to scope out options, I was at a loss. This one's going to be a tough one to plan!

I hear ya! We will get some advice from our friends that just went too I'm sure. We just saw there pictures & they are so beautiful!!!

LMBO Roy! That would be us considering driving....:D With all 5 of us, who knows. So, does that mean you would maybe let us all crash at your place for the night if we drive. :D:D

Archived